“A welcome beer turns into a great night”

Kordon Yengec Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 2,570 Restaurants in Izmir
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A welcome beer turns into a great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a big day exploring Ephesus, getting the mobile phones working for Turkey, posting the keys back to the delightful hotel Gullu back in Sirence, getting rail tickets for the next day to Bandirma for the ferry to Istanbul, walking back along the seafront we were in the mood for a late afternoon beer. This restaurant was happy, indeed welcomed us, just for a late afternoon drink. With the coming sunset, and watching waiters prepare it was obvious this was not an ordinary place. Enjoying the buzz and mood of this waterfront and the day's rain clouds clearing the surrounding mountains an early dinner seemed timely. After a week in Turkey we had sampled some very good local dishes but this was at another level. An extraordinary wide selection of fresh fish to chose from the cold cabinet, and salads bright and crisp to go with, made for a feast. The service was competent and eager to please with the right tinge of restraint. Restaurants everywhere, let alone Turkey, would do well to learn from this example.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Faboulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Walked by - more or less accidentally. Choose this restaurant because it looked nice compared to the neighbours, clean, nicely set tables with several experienced waiters. Was welcomed by the owner, who talked about the menu and showed the buffet of fresh fish and appetizers. Got a nice wine selection, extra small taste of appetizer. Was really astonished by the nice and competent service and really nice food. Super dessert, based on mom's secret recepie, that made our night. Well worth visiting!! Really appreciate it!!! The best restaurant in Izmir!

Visited September 2013
New York, New York, United States
“best restaurant in izmir”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

i was there for a short trip to turkey and they welcomed us with warm smiles and great service. if you are looking for sea-food, look no further and stop by this restaurant, you will not regret. thank you very much for a great experience

• Visited July 2013
Santa Barbara, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Meal of My Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is the best restaurant I have ever been to in my life. I have lived in Peru (the food capital of Latin America), France (the food capital of Western Europe) and California (where all the best food is imported to) and traveled to Spain, The UK, Japan, Germany, Mexico, Ecuador, and Guatemala but Yengec surpasses all the restaurants I have ever been to anywhere. I live in Santa Barbara California but came to Izmir recently on holiday with my family. I chose to come to Yengec for my birthday based on the tripadvisor ratings. Boy was I amazed. The owner himself came out and welcomed my family and I to the restaurant. He then proceeded to show us his fine fish collection behind glass and we were able to choose any fresh fish we wanted. We were then seated and enjoyed a beautiful view of the Mediterranean sea. I thanked him graciously and told him it was my birthday. Wow was I given the royal treatment. Throughout the night as we were served our dishes he gave me gifts including a free bottle of white wine in a steel bucket with ice, two giant king crab in a beautiful wooden box and shellfish hors d'oeuvres! At the end of our meal he sat down with us and we had a great personal conversation with him. He even offered to give us free Turkish tea but we had to leave due to our schedule. No trip to Izmir is complete without savoring the delectable delights of Yengec. Your tummy will be singing after this wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jesse A
Izmir, Turkey
“yengec restaurant an town urla”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

the atmosfhere and the starters are delicious. good service, resonable prices.owner is verry attendant.

Visited August 2013