“Wonderful tour”

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I want to thank Leyla at Ephesus Deluxe Tours. We were on a Mediterranean cruise ship and this is the only excursion that I had booked. We were met at the port by Leyla and a driver and toured Ephesus in an air conditioned van. Leyla spoke wonderful English and shared her knowledge of her country with us. We began at the House of the Virgin Mary in order to beat the crowd and then proceeded on to the city of Ephesus. We had a lovely lunch and toured the carpet factory and a leather factory. There were no pressure salespeople and we loved learning how the silk is made for the carpets. This 5 hour tour was the perfect amount of time to visit. We had time to shop in the Bazaar before boarding the ship. I highly recommend that you take a private tour, because it would have taken a lot longer on a very large tour bus. This tour was a great value for your money. I highly recommend it and ask for Leyla.

Visited May 2013

Honolulu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Turkey at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked as a cruise group packaged with Ephesus and Istanbul. Our guide for Ephesus was Spring or Bahar in Turkish, she was excellent. She spoke with no accent. Was easy to understand. Pick up early so we avoided crowded attractions, small group made transfer between attractions timely. After comparing notes with cruise tour passengers discovered many details omited by cruise tours. Gave details about 4 water wells at the House of Virgin Mary. Spring gave options for shopping and sightseeing. After tour, discovered I forgot my vacuum water bottle in the van. Ephesus Deluxe tours sent it overnight to Istanbul so I got it in two days! Thank you.

Visited April 2013
Columbus, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a great guide for our tour from the Izmir port: Leyla. She was one of the best we had on our entire 12-day cruise...her English is excellent, she's very knowledgeable, she kept us on schedule so we could maximize our touring, and she genuinely seemed to care that we were having a great time! Highly recommend Leyla!

Visited May 2013
kapitman
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“We used this company for Istanbul (NOT IZMIR)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

While we DID get to the sites we wanted to see in Istanbul we were not pleased with our tour guide. He did a good job of telling us about Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, but after that He took us to the Underground Cistern and the to a jewelry/carpet store which we implicitly told them we were not interested in doing that. He was insulted and then took us to a place for lunch while he disappeared for awhile. He was very short with us the rest of the tour. This city is extremely busy and crowded, and the people in the bazaar were extremely to pushy and outright lied. I was so excited about getting there, but now am glad I was there once, but have no need to go again...and would not use this company if I did. However, It WAS a beautiful city with amazing sites...for sure!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank kapitman
Corbin, Kentucky
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Value, Great Guide, Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am writng this review several months late, but good service is is acknowledged better late than never.

We booked with Ephesus Deluxe and did the full day tour during our stop to Izmir/Ephesus on our Celebrity cruise. Our tour guide was a lovely lady of which I have unfortunately misplaced her name in other saved travel documents. We visited all the places advertised on the website as described. Our guide spoke great English and was very knowledgeable about all the sites and history. The van was very nice, clean and spacious. I felt our driver was a very safe driver and I felt that were were very safe throuout the entire tour. I felt that we had a great experience and would not hesitate to use this company again.

Initially we didn’t want to go to the rug factory, but lunch was held at a co-op that makes them. Lunch was great, and the silk and rug making demonstration was actually very nice. Two of the people in our group ended up buying small rugs, but the rugs are very beautiful.

We found that this tour was a great value, especially when compared to the cost of the ship tours. We were able to see more places, be in a smaller group, included a nice lunch, and at all the sites other than “EPHESUS” we were never in crowds. Considering all the entrance fees and lunch being provided in the cost, I do not know if we could have found a better value. This ended up being one of our favorite stops on the cruise.

Visited October 2012