“it was 5 star until we got to the hard sell”

Ephesus Deluxe Tours
Ranked #2 of 32 Tours in Izmir
Skegness, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“it was 5 star until we got to the hard sell”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our guide met us on time and was excellent in every respect throughout the entire Ephesus visit, which is what we had paid her to do. When we returmed to the transport for the trip back to the port she tried very hard to convince us that we wanted to go to the rug, silks and ceramics outlets and she would not take no for an answer. I do not blame her for trying but a refusal should have been enough. After that she did not speak to us except to take our money and our tip.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Alan R

Sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Ephesus One day Tour”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I booked the one day tour of Ephesus with Ephesus Deluxe for $70 each. It did not start out well with our guide being 30 minutes late. Fortunately, a very nice local saw us standing there looking lost and asked us who we were waiting for and called them for us and let us know they would be there shortly. The place was nice and worth a visit but our guide had very poor english at best and after a while we just gave up trying to understand him. I think we missed a lot because of that. The other problem I have with them is that for lunch we stopped at a place and ate. Afterwards we had to leave via a maze of a very large jewelry store and then a carpet shop to be given the hard sell to get back to our van. The lunch was probably given to the tour companies free to get people to there shops. We wasted thirty minutes there. If you are going to us this company make sure the guide you are given speaks english well and tell them to dispense with the jewelry and rug shops. Sorry I can't remember the guides name.

1 Thank Radarmansydney
Pensacola, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Our best tour guide ever”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had five different tour guides during our trip to Turkey. "Matt" the tour guide from ephesus deluxe was the best tour guide of the five. He was extremely knowledgeable. He was also very patient each time I felt like I needed to stop for yet another photo and we never felt rushed. The cost of the tour was very reasonable. I had no problems organizing the tour over the internet. I would highly recommend Ephesus deluxe and if I am ever in this part of the world again, I would book future tours with them.

1 Thank DebP123
Orange, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour guide for Ephesus Deluxe tours”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a wonderful experience in Ephesus, Turkey. We were on a cruise and wanted to do Ephesus on our own so we booked online with Ephesus Deluxe (ephesusdeluxe.com) and they confirmed with us right away. Met them when we got off the ship at port and we were greeted by Chanan (our tour guide) who was holding a sign with our name on it. She was absolutely brilliant! She speaks very good English and knows her history extremely well! Ask for Chanan for your tour guide! It was a great experience and you can pay in US dollars at the end of the tour or use a credit card. Cash is easier for them.
Karen L.

1 Thank Karen L
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The most amazing ruins!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Ephesus Deluxe tours was Great! Our guide was very knowledgeable about the ruins of Ephesus. It was my favorite place on a 12 day cruise. The guide was on time, courteous and knew his history well. If you ever want to be truly amazed visit this Ancient City with Ephesus Deluxe Tours. Excellent!!!

Visited September 2012