“Friendly Environment”

Ranked #14 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Izmir, Turkey
“Friendly Environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed during 07 ~ 11 May 2014 in Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, The rooms are clean and during your residence you can find every thing you need, Clean toilet and bathrooms,Interior design are wooden, traditional and nice, Restaurant has perfect qualified food with reasonable prices, Also Strategic position in city centre,another thing that I lost my IPOD and the hotel stuffs take it back to me.
I felt just like I was at home
I strongly recommend you to experience here.
Thanks.
Amin Jafari.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Amin1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The first impression is quite good. The hotel is very nicely decorated with artwork. Our room was clean and good sized. However, the service could have been better. First, they don't provide iron in rooms. When I called the reception, they just said that they don't provide iron and laundry is closed on Sunday. I have traveled around the world and stayed at big as well as very small hotels. This was first time a hotel refused to provide iron/laundry service. Then I asked for a wake up call at 2:15 am as we had an early morning flight but didn't get any calls. Got a knock on the door at 2:45 am. Not very professional for a hotel that claims 24/7 service.

1 Thank AroundTheWorld4683
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here for a couple nights as we used Izmir for our home base. There were lots of comments I've seen about this hotel being in a shady neighbourhood and it being difficult to find. I completely disagree. The small alley ways in that part of town have a certain feel to them, but in no way did I feel unsafe. Everything was very well lit and with a tiny bit of navigational skills we found the hotel with nary a mis-step.
The room we had was lovely even though our view was a parking garage. It really felt like a high class hotel even though the price we paid was incredibly low. The ceiling in our room was painted like the sky which helped because it was very low, especially on the window side of the room. We took a picture showing that there was only about 2 inches of clearance between the top of my head (I'm 6'3") and the ceiling.

It was also very close to the main train station which made getting to and from the airport as well as taking the train to Ephesus super easy.

My only complaint (and this applies to pretty much every hotel I visited in Turkey) is that the staff seem totally clueless about what is going on in the city the hotel is in and they can't give even the simplest of suggestions for transportation or getting to places. In most of the world this is what hotels make their living off, service and knowing the city they are trying to showcase. I think this place especially could learn a lot from this.

I would definitely use this hotel again if I end up in Izmir, for the price we paid I don't think I could get this nice a room anywhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zexi
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nice, tidy and comfortable rooms combined with a great breakfast buffet. We were very happy with our stay. We were able to explore Izmir by foot due to the hotel's central location. It was also very easy to catch a bus to the main bus terminal in order to explore the surroundings of Izmir. All in all, we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Alexander S
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will welcome you here at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel on your future trips to Izmir. We are waiting for your second stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I am wondering where all those high ratings come from…
It's really cheap so you can't expect much. The rooms are small, very old carpets, not very clean, noisy, ugly interior. It's okay for one night.

4 Thank Bulutsuzluk
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

nothing special, everything ok. predictable, useful, cheaper than other option. funny fake furniture, fishes parrots and really kind and professional staff. they need someone creative with a budget for renovating the space. but the service is totally alright.

2 Thank greg_ra016
Dear Guest,

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Husum, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in the Park Hotel for two nights in April 2014 and were very pleased with the quality of the accommodation and the service. The hotel is located very centrally so that we could walk to all the major sites of interest. It is also very close to Basmane station which can be reached by a direct connection from the airport. WI-FI was available free of charge and the connection was stable. The price charged via Booking.com was very competitive. We would use the hotel again on a future visit and recommend it to our friends. The only drawback worth mentioning was the sound of the parrot in the aviary in the central light well which was very penetrating early in the morning until we discovered that we had not shut the window properly!

Room Tip: Perhaps it would be advisable to have a room not facing the inner courtyard.