“A great surprise”

Ranked #14 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A great surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place was amazing. Friendly, comfortable and clean were expected, but the level of service for the price is really unbeatable. The room wasn't large, but was well finished with a spacious bathroom. The staff was helpful and spoke English well when my broken Turkish failed me. We had a local tell us that we shouldn't be out after dark in the neighborhood, but it's literally 5 blocks from the nicest hotels in town, which are supposedly safe. We were only here one night, and didn't go out, but I'm pretty sure I would have felt ok once I had the lay of the land. If not, the staff will have a taxi for you in 30 seconds. The breakfast buffet is luxury by Turkish or continental standards. If you took one of everything, you couldn't finish it. Hot food included. The hotel allowed us to check our bags all day after we checked out, and gave us water/tea/coffee and ACCESS TO THE WC whenever we need a break from site-seeing. My ONLY complaint was that our particular room didn't have an outside window. It did have sky-lights, as we were on the top floor. I assume most other rooms do have windows. Can't say for sure though.

Room Tip: Elevator only goes to the 5th floor. Don't take a room on the 6th if that's a problem. Also...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt W
, Guest Relations Manager at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Zeliha OĞLAKCIOĞLU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

my stay at this hotel was really good. the staff were smiling and pleasant, the rooms were big and very clean and comfortable, the breakfast choice was vast. Location was good= 5 minute walk from metro after arriving from Izmir airport and catching train into city. close to park and a nice 15 minute walk to the sea, clock tower etc. The welcome drink was good given it was a hot day. wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
We wish you to thank you for spending your time in writing a review on Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel. The nice words you wrote are encouraging our staff to make always the most and the best to satisfy our clients. Hoping you will back soon to Izmir and at our Hotel, thank you again!
Kind Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was a very comfortable and clean hotel with much-appreciated AC, and decent service. Though, it's hard to find and our GPS did not recognize the location. The hotel is tucked away on a side street that doesn't look as if cars should really drive down it. The hotel staff parked our car at their secure, underground garage; and quickly checked us in and delivered our bags. Though the hotel is a brisk 15 minute walk to the waterfront, the walk was a little sketchy and I wouldn't recommend that a woman walk around alone. The surrounding area seemed a little run down -- like NYC in teh 1980s. There didn't seem to be much by way of fine-dining restaurants nearby...and I'm glad we chose to base ourselves in Sirince to explore Ephesus, rather than staying in Izmir, which seemed to lack character. We used this hotel as a base to spend the night before flying out of the Izmir airport, which is a 30 minute drive away. The restaurant dinner was only fair, but very cheap, at only 30 TRY/person. The breakfast buffet was lovely, and offered a wide variety of traditional Turkish fare.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank your for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel. We are happy to see that you are satisfied with our hotel and our service and would like to thank you for your most valuable comments. We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel.

Kind regards,

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I travel around Europe and Turkey for mainly business and holiday and this the first time I write a comment about a Hotel since they really deserve this thru their warm hospitality, clean rooms, its location, breakfast and perfect balance of price and quality performance... I strongly suggest this hotel if you want to stay in İzmir city center....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very happy to see that you are satisfied with our hotel and our service and would like to thank you for your most valuable comments. Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed one day with my family. Hotel offers free hot bavarages, grate service from the time of arrival by car. Hotel is clean and cozy. Got free upgrate from 2-bed room to 3-bed room! Staff is friendly and kind. Hotel is covered fully by complimentary wi-fi (speed is nice).
We had grate traditional Turkish breakfast in the morning.
Though neighbourhood is not so greate, you'll want to walk (10m$) or take a taxi to go to Kordon (seashore area) where restaurants are.
Grate stay, will come again.

• Stayed July 2011
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Guest Relations Manager at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Sincerely yours,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was in an excellent location and the room was small but clean. The satellite tv was a bit disappointing as the channels were all in different languages except BBC World news thought there was going to be a few more English channels from the 1000 that they tell you they have. Free tea and coffee was a nice touch. The only complaint I can pass to the hotel was when we went for a meal at night. The chef and waiter seemed bored and more interested in watching tv. We never got asked if we wanted drinks with our meal. The steak I had was bloody when I asked for it well done and when we finished the main course we never got asked if we wanted a sweet. We just got the bill put down in front of us. We never asked for the bill which I found rude. So my advise to people is to eat outside. Apart from the food and tv a very nice stay for the two nights.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian D
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Thank you for providing information. Hotel management will deal with the issues. Also we will pass your complaint on to service team. We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back at Oglakcioglu Park Hotel.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel and had the worst sleep!
Stayed in room 605- wish I had asked for a different room. It looks like thy added on the 6th floor to this hotel as it looks newer. The plus is the bathroom was spotless and had a very nice rain shower. But the room itself was tiny - and had a double bed and a single bed, no closet just a small wardrobe. The worst part of 605 was that it had 1"window" that opened onto a stairway and the hallway. It transmitted any sounds made in the hallway and the stairway from lower floors. It felt like people could hear/see into our room if they were in the hallway. I think the room walls are thin as well, as I could hear a man snoring and hear a family across the hall talking. The worst part beside not having any real windows, is there issue 2 sky lights in our room that has no shade. At 6am I woke up and thought my husband turned on the lights - but no it was the sun shining into the room, waking me up. Also, the blanket they gave us was more like a short sheet (I'm 5'7") and it was so short my feet were sticking out from the bottom. Overall the staff was nice. The breakfast was decent, but I was so sleep deprived I couldn't really enjoy it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Yookyung
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Guest Relations Manager at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. Thank you for providing information. Hotel management will deal with the issues. I have passed your comments on to the whole team. We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back at Oglakcioglu Park Hotel.