“Just a peek”
Review of Cesme Museum

Cesme Museum
Ranked #5 of 47 things to do in Cesme
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Limited things to see actually. We were not able to see inside the castle as it was already closed when we reached there, too bad. But from outside I managed to get a shot of it somehow.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

There are not many items to review, this is most likely a new museum with limited items to see but a nice view of Cesme.

2  Thank mturan
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Some interesting history of the area - and worth an hour or two wandering round but go early and beat the coaches!

1  Thank Roger S
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place and lots of history Beautiful view and cost only 5 TL really wort of money must visit when arrive to Cesme

2  Thank JakubGacke
See more reviews
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Hi,

This gem is tucked away and if you are in this town I highly recommend that you check it out. Inside the castle is the museum, which is basically that they have some of the ancient artifacts that were unearthed in some of the rooms of the castle under video surveillance, armed guards, and climate controlled conditions. I did not know about this and my relatives even had never been to this location but I am very happy I was able to see it this past summer. It is not a huge castle but the views from the top are very beautiful panoramic of the harbor and city. I took some lovely photos but I have not posted them up yet. Also there are some stairs so if you are very old or have difficulty walking up stairs then you may need to rest but they have benches around and again it is not a huge place, surely worth your time for a visit, especially since it is relatively cheap to see. Btw they have renovated the mens and womens restrooms beautiful marble throughout, not original tiles of course, but very modern and clean. Again the museum mostly has some ancient stone work and statues, for me it was very beautiful and absolutely worth your time to stop in.

3  Thank Big_Shadow_Stalks_Me