“Comfortable rooms great facilities, overpriced for everything”

Sheraton Cesme Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Cesme
nyc
“Comfortable rooms great facilities, overpriced for everything”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

There's no doubt that the facilities are great, from the beach, pool, and spa, but the food is pretty terrible. I would recommend guests go outside for food, there is awesome food just right outside the entrance of the hotel. The buffet dinner at the hotel is not worth the money. It's too expensive and poor food quality. If you want a really nice meal, take the mini bus to Alacati - tons of great restaurants there and the town is so charming. Cesme was great for beach time, but I much preferred the liveliness of Alacati for dinner and after dinner activities. There are some supermarkets around the hotel area if you want to buy food and bring it back to the hotel. They don't allow it, but no one really enforces it. I went to the spa and the hot springs pool is interesting. The water is a bit green, so don't have any images of crystal blue spring waters. It smelled a bit like sulfer too. I soaked in a it a bit, didn't feel like it was anything too special. I then went in for my massage, which was awesome, there's also a small pool outside the little cabanas they use if you buy the 'packages'. Very nice private pool away from the crowds at the regular hotel pool. I enjoyed the rooms and facilities, but I booked the room on points (very affordable points cost), but for anything else, it was pretty overpriced. Avoid the food there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lexington8
ERGUN M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Cesme Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review here on Tripadvisor and share with the traveler.

We were very happy when reading that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Also I would like to thank you for your great recommandations and comments with regards to our service.
Thank you for your beneficial comments .
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As is the case with most of my business trips, my accomodation at this hotel was covered by my contracting company and I felt the need to check the prices before writing my review. I know the current rate is so high because of the seminars and conferences, but even so, the hotel is not worth the given rate. I do not generally badmouth hotels, but this time, I was really disappointed.

HOWEVER, I must state at this point that I stayed at this hotel during the low season and I was with about 300 people for a conference. Therefore, the actual "tourist" experience in the high season of the hotel might (and generally does) differ.

Pros:
1. The view was quite nice - the sea is filling your eyes with its wavy blueness.
2. The hotel was spacious with good room sizes.
3. I loved the interior decoration. The lobby was a masterpiece.
4. The rooms were cleaned daily and featured tea, coffee and a kettle.
5. The room's balcony was one of the biggest I have seen.
6. The guest relations lady was really nice. I had an accident during my stay and twisted my ankle and she was happy to call me a cab and ask me about my situation after I returned to the hotel after the hospital visit.

Cons:
1. The food was definitely not what I would expect from a Sheraton. I nearly compared to the 3-star hotels I sometimes have to stay at. There weren't many dishes to choose from and I can define the food only with the adjective "bland".
2. The staff was "indifferent" at best.
a) I do not like having to shout out my room number every time I go for breakfast. Especially the staff that were in charge of that were not friendly at all.
b) I don't like the impression that I am treated not as a guest, but as an ordinary person that stays at a hotel merely for a seminar (and not pays for it themselves!).
c) The food serving staff and the staff at the bar were mocking about! I even heard one of them swearing right next to the customers. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the staff to talk to each other or to the guests so casually when customers are around. I felt like they were trying to fill their shift and did not care about the guests at all.
d) The receptionist did try to help me a lot, but he couldn't even give me the directions to the hotel on my arrival at Ilıca at 1 a.m. (in a small place like Ilıca!) and had no idea about the program of the seminar on-going at the hotel. He also gave me wrong information about the minibusses working to and fro among the districts of Çeşme - I had to walk for an additional 20 minutes at night and that's when I twisted my ankle! If he weren't supposed to know such staff, he could've easily directed me to conciergé.
e) After I checked out, I was literally limping because of my accident and no staff even tried to help me with the luggage.
3. Internet is not free unless you want to have a limit for 2 hours during which you will not be able to go very far because of the slowness. I even couldn't connect at my first night at the hotel.

My disappointment comes mostly from the food and service, which I believe are not so difficult for a hotel to improve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gökçe K
Sheraton Cesme H, Genel Müdür at Sheraton Cesme Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2017

Dear Guest frozenapple,

Hotel Manegement
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed there between 3 - 7 September with my husband and 2 year old daughter. The beach was so beautiful and clean. Food quality was very good and the hotel's location is good so that if you want have lunch outside the hotel you can easily find good places to eat.
The beach is very suitable for young children. With good quality sand, clean and shallow sea our daughter enjoyed the vacation so did we.
Restaurant on the outside was excellent with the pool covered covered with glass so you can dinner on the pool which our daughter again throughly enjoyed.
We had to spend time in our room everyday because our daughter has naps. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Hair dryer was not working properly, but we did not care much.
In the evening there was live music in the lobby and it was very nice to listen to it with our daughter.
In short we had one of our best summer holidays. I strongly suggest to visit this place in the September when it is not crowded. I read the reviews here and saw that it is very crowded in high season so it may be as enjoyable. Also the sea is warmer in September.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brigdece

Dear Guest Brigdece,

ankara
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is one of the biggest hotels around. The view is wonderful. But it is located in the windiest bay of Cesme. So hard to swim at the beach of the hotel. Altough the interior is designed with the historical figures of the territory, rooms and lobby is very dark. This hotel has very exciting promotions every year. But still it is too expensive for this kind of old hotel. I saw the sea viewed rooms were better but our room was a family room. And we had one bathroom. This year we visited at the holiday time, so it was extremely crowded and the staff was mad. Also the kitchen is average. The dinner outside looks great but we had to eat inside every evening because there were weddings.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank meldao
Sheraton Cesme H, Genel Müdür at Sheraton Cesme Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2017
Dear Guest cemelda,

Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great location has a beautiful beach excellent spa but food quality is not so good, restaurants are too big and noisy, we stayed half board and extras were very expensive. Also not possible to feel Cesme life in the hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank heidi298006
Dear Guest heidi298006,

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed from 17 Aug-22 Aug with my family.2 kids one is 4 one is 8 months,also we had another family same as us ,and a couple.Hotel is old but rooms are spacious.We had family rooms,is nice,but furniture is old,closets smell like humidity.Hotel is very clean.Our deal was half board,we only had dinner 2 times 1 was inside and the other was outside.Outside dinner was nice,but inside dinner wasn't very good,because space is not enough.Breakfast was really good,we find out at the 9th floor there is different breakfast section.After we had breakfast we find out it was VIP area,but no body care about it.The hostess were really nice there.During the check in the front dest didn't give any information about when where dining,restaurant,breakfast are or pool or anything about hotel.Next day they left a peace of paper with the information to our room.F&B service is horrible,i never had such a bad service in my life.There is nothing about even 1 star hotel.At the lobby area in the evening there were 60-70 guest ,we were 6 adults 2 kids ,we ordered 1 bottle wine and 4 whiskey it took 1 hour to serve it.3 times we went to bar to ask for drinks at the 4th time my friend went over and made the waiters bring our orders.By the way those are overpriced extras not included.I don't suggest anyone to go,its not sheraton standards,not a Starwood standard.Very disappointed.There a lot bad to write about service but i dont have time.

Room Tip: Family room ,but dont go to this hotel,there is better hotels for that money in cesme