“Mediocre Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Istanbul, Turkey
“Mediocre Restaurant”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The reaturant's location and view are good. Mezes are not so bad however they need to learn to cook the fish properly. The fried red mullets were soaked in oil.

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb seafod, superb service, superb view”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We were fortunate to come across this delightful little restaurant which is situated aprox 30 k from Cesme. When we were taken to our seats by a delightful waiter, we asked for a menu. Our waiter did not speak English, and the owner came to greet us.
"We don't have a menu, come and see in our window what fish was caught today and you decide how you would like it cooked". The owner spoke excellent English and we knew straight away that the fish would be fresh.
We chose some fish I had never heard of and also some calamari for an entree. Water and bread was then placed on our table with our wine. We chose to sit inside as the evening was a little cool. The view was superb overlooking the water and the sunset.
The calamari arrived and it was delicious, so tender, fried in fresh breadcrumbs with a seafood sauce. The main course was easily the best fish I have ever tasted, I don't know how they cooked it - pan fried I presume, it was served with a Mediterranean salad.
We went back three times. One time we ate on the pontoon, I felt like I was on my honeymoon, the sunset was the most beautiful backdrop to a perfect evening. I highly recommend the Indiri Balik Restauran as one of the best meals and experiences I have ever had.

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Gaynor_D255100
Melbourne Australia
“Fish to die for!”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Well we fell across this little delight by accident really.
We were staying at Akai Gardens time share resort in Ildir not far from Cesme, Turkey and went for a wander down the road.
The restaurant is the first one you come to at the bottom of the hill on the left, only a few hundred meters form the resort. Set right on the water - it was very unassuming but we thought we would give it a go.
They have no menu - you select what you want to eat from the 'catch of the day' that is on display on ice, there is also a selection of meze from which you can choose some starters or accompaniaments. The owners are 2 brothers - one is the host, the other is the chef - they speak some English. The waiter is the most delightful, handsome older gentleman who has no English, but he does his profession proud - right down to chilling the wine glasses with ice before he poured our wine - what a guy! we loved him and he obviously enjoyed looking after his customers.
We left the meal choices up to the chef and we were not disappointed. In all honesty, it is the best fish I have ever tasted - I don't know what it was, but the way it was cooked in some sort of barbecue fashion with the most delicious smokey flavours, it just melted in your mouth and had me rushing for the next bite. Accompanied by fresh salads and meze and warm toasted turkish bread it was a fishlovers delight. So much so we ate there 3 times over the coming week and I am actually sitting here salivating whilst I am writing this just thinking about it. You can sit out on the pontoon which overlooks the fishing boats and sunset, or outside under the verandah, still with the same magic view. We were the first English speaking customers they have ever had there, I think this area is more of a tourist spot for locals. The restaurant is in Ildir, about 20kms from Cesme and is certainly worth the drive. I can't remember the cost, but from memory it was very reasonable and included wine, and in all honesty I would have happily paid a lot more for the privilege of eating such delicious food. If you are in the vicinity - GO THERE!

• Visited October 2011