“Solid Budget Hotel in an Amazing Location”
Review of Nese Otel

Nese Otel
Ranked #30 of 345 Cesme B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Before I go on, I must admit I only spent one night at the Neşe before heading back to Istanbul on the tail end of a 5 day holiday in which I went to Izmir, Kuşadası, and Selçuk before finishing off in Çeşme,

The Neşe Otel is a simple place that provides access to some amazing beaches. The room I stayed in was spotless and and had decent facilities. While not remarkable, its location is its prime benefit. Neşe is located in central Çeşme, which means you have access to all of the shopping and eating, and you can get around without a car. I'd been warned by friends that you need a car to visit Çeşme, but I don't think that is true if you're stationed in the town center. You can get around by dolmuş to Ilıca and Alaçatı.

Emre, the hotel manager, was quite helpful. I was in for one day, so he suggested an amazing beach and then helped me catch the Havaş directly back to the airport. This saved me a ton of time and trouble compared to my original plan to head into the Izmir Otogar and take a city bus across town to the airport. Oy! That would have been awful.

Anyways, Neşe is not a five star hotel, but it seems like a great place for the sort of folks I saw there: backpackers, families on a budget, and young couples. The room was affordable enough for me on my own, but I was splurging after staying in some dodgy places earlier in my trip.

The one complaint I have about my room was that there were no windows and therefore I had to keep the balcony door open to get air. The balcony opens onto the small side street that the hotel is on and since I was on the first floor, it would have been easy to hop over and enter my room. I tend not to be worried about things like getting knifed in my sleep (particularly in Turkey) and I wasn't travelling with anything of value, so I did it anyways. But, if I had children or a spouse I may have had to sweat it out all night. During the day, however, the balcony is nice even if it just puts you at street level.

P.S. The breakfast is amazing. Do not miss it.

Room Tip: Get a room off the first floor if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Arrival to a lattice covered patio with a traditional Turkish breakfast immediately spread out before us was wonderful. Location absolutely perfect-easy access to the center of town, but tucked away so it was peaceful to sleep. Rooms are clean and simple. Hosts are warm and offer any assistance with where to go explore the beach or windsurf. I will return again, for sure!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Nese Otel is in a convenient location! For those of you that have not been to Cesme, it is definitely a place that is worth visiting. It's a city where many Turkish people go to vacation.

As for the hotel itself, the breakfast that is included is absolutely delicious and the outdoorsy eating area is absolutely beautiful. On top of that, the staff is absolutely wonderful. Ask Emre anything- he is extremely helpful, hospitable and kind.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte M
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great hotel near the centre of Cesme. Extremely clean and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Hotel owner is more than willing to help you book ferries and tours, and loves to have a chat about where you've been! A great breakfast was included in our stay, which we had in the courtyard. Wifi is throughout the hotel. The room was quite large with a telly and balcony onto the street. The stay was very very good value. I would highly recommend staying here :) Good jumping off point for three backpackers into Greece.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Nese Otel is a very nice place to stay in Cesme. It is off the grand bazaar street, so it stays pretty quiet at night. They serve a wonderful breakfast every morning on the shaded patio. The rooms are quite large and comfortable. The staff is very helpful. The boat trip that the staff set up for us was wonderful experience that I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in Cesme, the staff at this hotel were extremely friendly and informative, they always had a suggestion of nice place to eat, and beaches to visit. Our room wasn’t massive but it was very clean, and the breakfast was excellent (and served till 11am). I would definitely recommend Nese.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are traveling by car, the hotel is really tough to find. However, the staff drove to meet us and "guided us in" - which is a measure of just how warmly friendly they are. Emre (the owner) is full of energy and suggestions, and very engaging. The room we had was spacious, but badly in need of some renovation (headboards that were just leaning against the wall, mattresses that don't fit cleanly on their bases, a shower stall that was one of the smallest I've ever used). But the neighborhood is quiet and safe, and the convenience to Cesme center is a big plus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family