“Be careful - WORMS in food!!!”

Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Cesme
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Cesme
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel did seem to have it all - sun, beach, sea, great spa, what else do you need to relax and have a great time? However, when i saw a WORM in cereal during the breakfast I simply couldn't believe my eyes. The reaction of the restaurant manager was unimaginable - he didn't even bother to come and find us and give an explanation, forget an apology! My husband had to go and find the guy himself, which made things even worse since the manager came to us really displeased being bothered at all and... you think he apologized and thanked us for not making a scene? Nooo, he started arguing with us so we ended up going to PR representative of the hotel who did listen to it all but nothing could make up for the stress we had to endure! The PR girl and chef came to apologize and brought us chocolates which we supposed to make us feel better? The explanation chef gave us was that the hotel buys big bags of nuts and cereal and it happens. WHAT?? If the chef thinks it is acceptable, I don't know what else to say...
If you treasure your health and holidays stay away from this hotel. I'm sure nuts are not the only thing they buy in big bags.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paola P
RD_Cesme, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Cesme, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Mrs. Paola,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor with your feedback following your stay at the Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Cesme,
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with cereal during the breakfast and with the explanation you received and the assistance was given. We have taken note of your constructive feedback and proceeded to improve our quality check of the suppliers and services immediately.

I do appreciate if you may give us another chance with a further visit in the future.
Together with my team, I hope to welcome you back soon again, and provide you the finest Turkish hospitality here at the Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Cesme..
Yours sincerely,
Thomas Swieca

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Recently, my family has fallen in love with the Radisson franchise. We are members of the Carlson Club, so we get really good deals all the time. We got news of the Raddison Blu in Cesme, and decided to book a trip there.

Cesme is a great little city an hour away from Izmir. It is a real coast town, very small and cute.

We stayed in this Radisson for an entire week. It was a very pleasant stay and I personally very much enjoyed it.

So, on with the review:

Location: The location is okay. Nothing to amazing. If your main want is to explore the city, then its not the best place. But otherwise, I dont see any reason why you wouldnt enjoy it here.

Rooms: The rooms were exactly what I had expected them to be, a very standard 5 star hotel option. Clean, spacious, with good interior. A very nice, Radisson bathroom. It's a resort, so the rooms are not super high tech, they are more basic and straight to the point. The view was very nice, and the beds were very comfortable. The TV has many channels. We also got a tea kettle and various teas/coffees free of charge. The mini bar was well stocked, yet obviously overpriced.

The Facilities: The hotel has very interesting facilities. They have a beach, a grass+palm "lounge" area, and the pool area. The actual beach was quite small, yet it was nice and clean. The sea water is amazing, and you can see that they try to maintain its cleanliness. The area of the sea that the hotel has access to is amazing. Its almost 50 meters off the coast. Awesome. The grass area is where all the wind goes, which is awesome, cause it keeps you nice and cool without all the hastle. The bar staff walks around and gets you drinks. Its a nice place to sit and read, and not have many people disturb you. The pool AMAZING. By far the biggest SWIMMING pool i have ever encountered, with a whopping 50 meters in length, if you actually like to SWIM, you are in luck. It's also a beautiful sight at night which is really nice. The hotel in itself is not very big, rather compact, actually. But its REALLY nice. It's a pleasure to be there, and everything is easily accesible, which is really good, because sometimes its annoying to have to walk for miles just to get to your sunbed.

Spa: My mom got several massages while we were there, and she said that the quiality and the service was at its highest standars. She really enjoyed it. I did go to the indoor swimming pool and the hammam, and can say that the Spa really is a very relaxing place, very nice and cozy and very well maintained. I really enjoyed it.

The Food: DELICIOUS. Like, DELICIOUS. Very good and a large variety of restaurants to choose from. The Super Breakfast is really delicious with a large variety of different foods and beverages. There are also the Sands Beach Bar and the Citrus Lobby Bar, which both serve delicious food and drink. All food was preperaed at a high standard, and it was always fresh and very good. The tomato soup was a staple for me, had it everyeday for a week :) haha.

The service: I have noticed that the population of this hotel are mainly locals, as in Turks. There really werent very many forgeiners around, which explains the lack of english skills with most of the personell. It s not that they had no clue whatsoever, on the contrary, they really tried to use their best English skills for us. They were always punctual, and very attentive. The language barrier did cause some issues here and there, but it wasnt a very big issue.

Overall, this is a nice place to stay in, and I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. Decent sized room. Dated furniture. Small TV. Excellent free internet (best I came across during my travels across Turkey). Great breakfast spread. Grounds beautifully manicured. Small but nice beach area. Large pool. Would stay here again. Would head to Alacati for a nice dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank omeeda
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was new. Employees were friendly and helpful. Food was delicious. Room was big enough for one person. It was clean. The sea view from my balcony was great. Weather was windy and sea was cold. September is not a good time to travel Cesme. Overall hotel was good to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just returned from 5 days at this hotel. It is large and clean but the bathrooms are way too small. The grounds are lovely and the pool is by far the largest I have ever seen. Service by the beach is quite good but housekeeping can get problematic if they are busy. The spa facility is gorgeous and be certain to use the thermal baths. The spa desk staff were totally inept and incorrectly booked our appointments every time. This is a shame because once settled, the treatments are quite nice. Rooms have thin walls so you will hear your neighbors but the views are great. Make certain to request a lanai. Breakfast is hearty with lots of options. Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

In general I have enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff have been excellent. They have been very friendly and eager to help. The room has been spotless and all parts of the hotel I have seen have been spotless. The pool is MASSIVE and there are excellent areas to lounge in the sun at the pool, on the grass and on the beach. I have also spoken with the Catering Manager, who is excellent.

The hotel is well located, mid way between Cesme town centre and Alacati... Alacati is by far the best place. Beautiful and full of delightful restaurants...... However....

The hotel lacks soul......

It is 100% full tonight and the beach bar closed at 9.00pm. It should be open till 11:30pm... There were 2 of us at the bar. The entrance is a magnificent space...but is usually deserted. There are nice lounge areas by reception overlooking the pool...they are deserted....and the customers...well most are Turkish and some are extremely arrogant and visibly expect the staff to jump through hoops for them. I believe some would get the staff to fart for them if they could.

I have enjoyed my stay and I will return, but please give the place some soul. It deserves it... And so do I!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Turkey is not known for its service industry but this hotel is the exception to the rule. Huge pool and lovely beach area.Room was always clean and smelt lovely after the cleaners had been. I stayed during Bayram weekend and hotel had 100% occupancy. Breakfast was like a cattle market but always well stocked. Staff were attentive and were literally running around after guests. The beach bar was the same...busy but beach staff would service those too lazy to go to the bar. They literally would run between bar and sunbed. Although hotel was full there were plenty sunbeds and it never felt crowded. The only down side was some of the arrogant lazy guests who were often rude to staff. This is a large hotel but lacked a bit of atmosphere. Not sure Radisson do resorts well? Food and drink are expensive but this is a reflection on the area too. Situated between Cesme and Alacati (by far the best place) its in a great location but both towns are very expensive which also indicates the clientele. Wealthy city Turks getting out of Istanbul and Izmir. Stereotyping I know.... A nice hotel which knows how to service its guests. I will go back.

• Stayed: August 2012