See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 28, 2015

It is the first time I trave without booking a hotel in advane. When we arrive in Bergama, the bus driver did now know where we shall get off. Because of the language barrier,they turn to help to the manager of GOBI PENSION. He told me I was near the old bus station, I shall get off the bus and he is willing to show me the way and he run a pension. I could see the rooms first and decide whether to live or not. FIrst, I must thank its hospitality. And when I see the twin room and it is very big and clean and with private bathroom and the water is very hot. The whole enviroment is very comfortable and clean. They offer me a very good price. They also provide you very clear map which is very easy to understand and they will also tell you the way. After we come back visting the toruist sites and manager's father, a more than seventy old grandpa telephoning the motor bus station for our tickets and led us to the bus station waiting in the wind and make sure we got on the right bus. I am so touched by their goood sevice. I don't think I will come back again, therefore I write this review to express my sincere gratitude.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank CHEN M
Reviewed February 2, 2015

Gobi family is really nice! They are really helpful and kind. The father even thought me some turkish words!
The room is big and clean, breakfast is ok.
Perfect if you like a simple and relaxed atmosphere.
Pergamo is incredible, don't miss the Asclepion, the Acropolis and the museum.

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Stillimage
Reviewed January 26, 2015

After a very long drive we were very pleased to be welcomed by the famous Gobi into his very clean, comfortable pension. Meeting Gobi was one of the highlights of our trip in Turkey (3.5 weeks). He was so sweet and generous. He did our laundry and was very helpful in parking our car. Overall, the people of Turkey were so wonderful the entire trip but Gobi was definitely the highlight. It does face a busy street and there are not many options in Bergama. But the noise did not bother us. There is a very good restaurant next door that I recommend. And the price of this hotel was very affordable.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the street if you are a light sleeper. But the noise didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tntbolsachica2010
Reviewed October 31, 2014

The family who runs the pension is very sweet, kind and helpful. The owner's father even stood out in the street with us for 20 minutes to make sure the right minibus was flagged down when we were leaving. The rooms are very clean, and ours (with ensuite) was more spacious than many twin rooms in Turkey. The breakfast was the usual Turkish except there were cigaras, and a lot of fruit. It is on the edge of the downtown area, and on the main street but the rooms are in the back and quiet. It is about a 20 minute walk to the cable car for the Acropolis.

Room Tip: The one we had with an ensuite was quite a bit larger and nicer than the one we saw without; however the cheaper one had a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2014

This is a lovely little hotel right on the main street, a little south of centre but still reasonable walking distance from downtown.

The staff, including what I presume are the owners (a son and his father), are genuinely nice, modest people, down-to-earth and very willing to help or advise. It's also good value for money.

The rooms are nice and clean but you do easily hear whatever noise is coming from outside (at least in my room, which was facing the back), but that's not unusual in budget hotels in Turkey.

Breakfast is a fairly casual affair and consists of the usual Turkish spread of various things on a plate, served on the pretty front patio or in the backyard.

A single room with en-suite bathroom was 50 TL (23 USD) per night, or 35 TL for a single room with shared bathroom, which is fair value for Turkey.

The Bergama Museum is only 5 min away on foot, the Red Basilica maybe 15-20 min, and the Asclepeion maybe 20 min as well (but note that it is a long uphill walk to the latter; if you're not in shape or easily exhausted in the heat, consider taking a short cab ride and walking back downhill after). Reasonably speaking, you'll need a taxi to get to the Acropolis (or to the lower cable car station), which is likely true regardless of where you're staying.

Another note: if you're moving on to Izmir (which you'll probably have to do if you're going south, including to Selçuk), the minibus passes right in front of the hotel and can pick you up there, saving you the inconvenient commute to the bus station (otogar) which is out of town to the south. Ask the staff and they can call ahead to reserve a spot for you. Otherwise, I imagine the service shuttle to/from the otogar likely still passes in front of the hotel anyways because, as mentioned, it's on the main road into town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo