“quiet and peaceful”

Ranked #10 of 16 Bergama B&B and Inns
Leongatha, Australia
“quiet and peaceful”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The owners were unbelievably friendly and great hosts.The court yard was a good place to relax and chill. the breakfast was one of the best we had in turkey. The room was small but cosy. No compliants about anything. Would recommend the pension to anyone travelling in this area

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wayter

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sebastopol
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Pergamon Pension is semi-restored Ottoman House will a lot of charm but don't expect the latest in furnishings. The Pension is run by a super friendly, eager-to-please Turkish family. The breakfasts are the best we had in Turkey. It has a good WiFi and is well located.

Con: We thought we were paying for a room with a private bath but ended up with a shared bathroom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sevastopol
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very-very kind and hospitable owners, especially she - Nuray. All her children are very kind, and friendly, and polite, and very silent (not usual for Turkish children) The room was very clean and some little knitted things were added. The breakfeast was very good, plentiful and special. But first of all, the personality of Nuray is awesome! She tried to make me feel at home in her own home. This was unusual for me: She was a bit more than just polite and affable person - she was amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Aelia K
Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Highly recommend this place.
Has a beautiful courtyard and the rooms are nice and adequate for the price.
Staff took our bags to our room and gave us a welcome drink. This surprised us considering the price!
Really good shower, didn't run out of hot water.
Breakfast was amazing and homemade. They even made me something special because I can't have milk.
Such nice staff.
Really did feel like home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cat S
CANBERRA
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Pegamon Pension recently. Ozden and Nuray Bavli were the perfect hosts
'our home is yours', and indeed you felt at home. Nuray is a wonderful cook and her breakfast is the best we have tasted in Turkey, not only for its variety, but also for the quality of home cooked jams, preserves and even rich chocolate cake.

The savories are also wonderful. Her cheese filled filo pencils are delicious. There is omlette, boiled egg, olives, tomato and chili paste, cucumber, orange slices, tomato, fresh bread, two types of cheese, eggplant dip, carrot dip, yoghurt – it was amazing, chips (french fries) and smoked eggplant were added one day. My wife had apple tea, and for me the earthy, strong Turkish coffee.

From the roof terrace you can watch the last rays of the sun enrich the colours on the Acropolis hill and burnish the ruins of the old Roman settlement. Then the Azan, the call to prayer, and in Bergama it is the most wonderful confluence of voices, echoing through the valley from each mosque.

The Acropolis is a short 'taksi' drive, or a walk if you are fit and energetic. The Asclepion is also within walking distance, or a short taxi ride. The Red Basilica is near the bus station, about 200m, (but closed when we were there). The Bergama Museum a 15 min walk through the old town.

The house is extended from an Ottoman dwelling, with courtyard where breakfast is served. Some rooms have en suite and the larger rooms share a small bathroom. This is not ritz and glamour, but character, location, the warmest hosts and the best breakfast in Turkey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BMCGLOIN
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I arrived to the hotel in the evening with being warmly welcomed. My room was upgraded to a relatively more convenient one for me with a small fee. After settling down to my room, I was offered to drink a welcome tea with my hosts. They were so kind and helpful that I felt like at home.

In the morning, they prepared me breakfast which was very rich. It was so surprising to me in a positive sense as I haven't seen such variety at 3-4 stars hotels I've ever stayed.

The owner is also a taxi driver. He organises tours to historic sites out of the city such as Sardes upon your request. By the way, he took me to the cable car to Acropolis and didn't take any money. In the same way, he brought me to the bus station with his motorbike as he was free at that moment.

During the day, I stopped by the hotel twice to rest. I was also given a kind of goodbye coffee. I watched TV a little bit and helped their daughter Nilay to paint her picture book. It was so funny.

Overall, I would highly recommend Pergamon Pension. If I'm in Bergama again, I will definitely stay in Pergamon Pension.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank SeqununSeyahatnamesi
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 21, 2012

we arrived about 8pm off the bus and made our way to the pension. Our host met us at the door and showed us to our small but very comfortable room. Very clean. Breakfast next morning was amazing!!!.. More than we could eat but we tried!! The owner was very helpful and booked our bus to Canakkale for us while we took in the Acropolis of Pergamon and made our way down the hill. If you go to Acropolis, dont take the easy option down in the cable car. The walk to the bottom is VERY worth while and most people dont do it so you have it to yourself. On getting back to the Pension, our hostess made a Turkish coffee while we waited for her husband to return. He drove us to the bus and wouldnt take any money even tho he doubled as a taxi driver. These people went the extra mile to make us welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pauline m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bergama
Kalem Island Oliviera Resort
#1 of 4 in Bergama
Anil Boutique Hotel
Anil Boutique Hotel
#11 of 16 in Bergama

Been to Pergamon Pension? Share your experiences!