“Couldn't have asked for more!”
Review of Fontainebleau Inn

Fontainebleau Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpine
Fontainebleau Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Alpine B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My son and daughter-in-law got married here in July 2013. The Inn is very tastefully renovated--warm, comfortable, but not pretentious. The grounds are spacious and beautiful. The wedding was outside, overlooking Cayuta Lake. We weren't sure the weather would hold so John waited until the last minute to set up the chairs. He accurately called it safe to go ahead outdoors. There would have been a lovely terrace for the ceremony if it had rained. The bride and groom even took a spin in the canoe after the ceremony. John and Terri were very helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding, and did extra things to make our day just right. They really know their business. We liked being able to choose our own caterer from the list they provided. A perfect place and a perfect day!

Room Tip: The members of the wedding party who stayed at the Inn were pleased with their accommodations but si...
Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank litsky

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lovely owners, and gorgeous property. The lake view with fall colors is breath taking. Terri and John could not have made our special day easier with their management the day of and their suggestions for food/music/ceremony vendors all along the way. Book early to researve a date!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McD317
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My best friend just had her wedding here during the peak of autumn leaves in upstate NY. It couldn't have gone any better. The Inn is hidden away in woods and overlooks Cayuta Lake, which makes for magical scenery and photos. It's also a short drive from the Fingerlakes, gorges, and wineries. The Inn has a large, wooden reception area connected to a stone patio that overlooks the lake and lines the back of the building. The bridal party stayed in the six rooms the night of the wedding and enjoyed a delicious breakfast that the owners prepare the next morning. All of the rooms have different decorations and the bride's room has a lovely prep/sitting area when we were getting ready for the ceremony. Speaking to one of the poor reviews, one of the owners was not necessarily the friendliest, but it didn't keep her from offering exquisite service while we were there. I think it's just her mannerisms. Overall, we had an absolutely amazing experience and I hope to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fezerella
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Fontainebleau Inn, in Alpine, NY, is the PERFECT place for a romantic, intimate, exquisitely beautiful wedding. My daughter got married there in July, 2013.
We had the inn to ourselves (including some family and close friends) for the whole weekend. We had the run of the place. We could swim in the lake; take a canoe ride or just lounge on the huge porch or expansive lawn. We had time to relax and prep for the big event. Terri and John and their staff were incredibly supportive, helpful without being intrusive. No need for a wedding planner. Terri helped us find the perfect caterer, DJ, florist…everything. She and John have gone to great lengths to authentically restore the old inn. The bedrooms are charming and so comfortable. The library, dining rm, kitchen, foyers…all spacious and decorated with a classic New England look. The reception hall is amazing. Beautiful beamed ceilings, stunning wood floor, and a huge bar.
I was terrified about finding a place for our destination event (we live in Manhattan).
But the minute we walked into the inn, we knew it was the place. It lived up to our expectations. Actually, it exceeded them.
I used to write for soap operas and had to create many fantasy parties. I wish I’d known about this inn when I was in the biz. I definitely would have used it for a wedding location.

Addie Walsh

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Addie W
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently got married at the Fontainebleau Inn. It could not possibly have been a more beautiful wedding, or have gone more smoothly. The setting was absolutely gorgeous with the ceremony taking place on their big sweeping lawn along Lake Cayuta, and the reception taking place in their beautiful rustic banquet hall, and on their covered patio (with a view of the lake) for cocktails and dancing.

We chose the Fontainebleau because of the beautiful location, the reasonable pricing (lined up against all other vendors in the area), and the peace of mind that came with the fact that we could get married outside with a contingency plan of getting married on the patio in case of rain, and knowing that Terri and John would be there on the day of the event making sure everything went smoothly.

They are understandably busy, with many events happening all summer long, but as our event approached and I had a couple questions and concerns to run by them, they were quick to respond, worked with our vendors smoothly and had great questions and adjustments to our wedding day plan (for example, we'd originally asked for too many kegs of beer).

And on top of this, the rooms were clean, quaint and comfortable, the breakfasts were delicious and the bar tab ended up being way below our budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband Matt and I had our wedding here back in July and it was nothing but perfect (The guests are still raving about it). It is an absolutely beautiful place. The owners John and Terri make you feel right at home. There are 6 rooms so it has a more intimate feel unlike your chain hotels. If you are looking to have your wedding here you will be nothing but pleased. John and Terri have many connections with amazing vendors and their attention to detail will make any bride/groom less stressed. If you are just looking for a nice little getaway to soak in the beauty of nature and the lovely view of Cayuta Lake you are in for a treat. Lovely people, lovely place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed August 23, 2013

If I could give 0 stars, I would. I just called the Fontainebleau Inn to inquire about having a wedding there. Terri picked up the phone and was willing to listen to my questions. One of the wedding dates I had chosen were available so I went on to ask more questions.

I asked if she could mail or email me a wedding packet that would go more in depth than the website does. Terri said that everything I need to know is on the website.

Since I would be coming from 5 hours away, I asked if she would be available on 10/13 to show us around the porperty. She said it depends on if there is an event that day and would not know for a while. I asked her if she could call me to confirm or decline the date and she told me that she didn't think she could remember to call me and that I should call her back within a couple of weeks.

Just like I told her, it doesn't sound like it's going to work out. I'm very sorry but if you are getting questions about booking a wedding at your location, that means I want to spend tens of thousands of dollars at your establishment. Do not tell me to call you, you call me.

I need not stay here ever to experience the poor service I received on the phone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MrsFalcon926
Terri V, Owner at Fontainebleau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We certainly try to provide excellent service at all times, and regret that this caller feels she was poorly served. She wanted to book a meeting to visit the inn on a weekend day seven weeks in the future, but we explained we had an event pending on her required meeting date, so the day’s schedule wasn’t yet determined.

We tour the inn with hundreds of prospective couples each year, and go over the information available on our website, which comprehensively outlines our services and policies. Many couples need to visit our facility on weekends, and we do our best to accommodate their needs, but we are only willing to schedule these meetings when we’re sure it won’t intrude on a couple’s special day. Given the volume of calls we receive, our primary responsibility to our wedding clients, and the changing demands of our weekend schedule, we have concluded we can’t also maintain a list of people who want to schedule meetings but have called too far in advance. We politely suggest that the best course is to call back a few weeks before a proposed meeting date, at which point we will be able to set a specific time. Our experience is people have found this perfectly reasonable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca
#6 of 22 in Ithaca
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen

Been to Fontainebleau Inn? Share your experiences!