“Nice modern style hotel”

Hotel Novotel Gaziantep
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Gaziantep
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice modern style hotel”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This Novotel is nice but there is no style. The staff was adequate. The breakfast was adequate. The rooms the same. A little small and basic, but fine. There is a very new shopping mall next door, which is a nice place to walk or get some fast food. Even a Burger King and Arby's.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
NBahar, Genel Müdür at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Handywoman9,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Novotel Gaziantep during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your valuable comments.
We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.
We also look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel Gaziantep in the near future.
Sincerely Yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 31, 2014

You always wish that high-season rates are matched with utmost service quality: but that is never the case.

Some of the problems I had with this expensive stay were:
room smelled like cigarettes
breakfast buffet was average
room service brought a meat dish to a vegetarian order
restaurant service was poor

Some of the advantages were:
clean room, with nice fit-outs and spacious
good sized bathroom with nice shower and sink
swimming pool and relaxed pool-side area
bell-staff was good
reception staff was good

I would consider staying here again at a much lower rate, and I will make sure to eat breakfast out, and change rooms if the smell is too bad!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mehmetic,

We thank you for staying at our hotel and the for time taken to share your comment.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our services to better meet your needs.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Novotel Gaziantep.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I lived at the Novotel Gaziantep for over a month on a recent work trip to Turkey. Staying in any hotel for that long would get old fast, but the Novotel was a nice place to stay that surprisingly began to feel like home. The room was decent and the bed was pretty comfortable. The free wifi was great, and for the most part was pretty reliable throughout the month I was there.

I had breakfast every day at the Novotel and thought it was a really great breakfast. I went nuts over the assortment of olives! There are different hot options every day, repeating every 4 days or so, so it got a little tiresome for me after a month, but should be great for someone staying here for a couple of days. The savory Turkish pastries were my favorite! I seriously thought about asking the chef for one of the recipes, though I wasn't sure how I would communicate that. I also ordered room service a lot while I stayed here, due to the lack of options right around the hotel (unless you want the mall's food court), and the room service was overall excellent and very well priced. I especially loved the quesadilla and the salad with tuna.

The staff at the Novotel were really, really great, particularly the ones that work in the dining services. We couldn't communicate very well (I speak no Turkish), but they were always smiling and ready to get me what I needed.

I would definitely recommend the Novotel, especially for an extended work trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sabrina F
NBahar, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Smp91986,

Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We used the conference suite at the Novotel for a 7-day training course in April 2014 and it was superb: lovely airy room, good IT facilities and support, regular supplies of delicious food, and attentive, well-managed staff. The environment was an important factor contributing to the success of the course and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a training facility in this city.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stella C
NBahar, Genel Müdür at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Stella C,

We thank you for choosing Novotel Gaziantep.

We are honored to note your satisfaction with our services and it is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.

We look forward welcoming you back in Novotel Gaziantep in the near future.

Belgium
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Room ok, bed quite good. Catering services awful: lack of any non-Turkish choice, incredible when you think that most of the guests are foreigners. Staff pompòus and ineffective, most of them lacking language skills other than Turkish. Internet wi-fi free but instructions given by the staff are not accurate. Food edible and cooked apparently by a 3 year old chef. Room and bathroom to the standard chain low quality (or even closer to Ibis, for this particular property). We organised a meeting and the tables where set in an incredibly unappropiate way. I personally went out of the meeting room 3 times to obtain water for the guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fran07Belgium
BOzturk, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear fran07Belgium
Thank you for bringing to my attention the difficulties you encountered during your stay at Novotel Gaziantep
Please let me assure you that corrective actions have been taken to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, which is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services. I trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel Gaziantep in the future.
Yours Sincerely,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Am back in Gaziantep this month on business. The service at the hotel's front desk has gotten better since my last visit. I checked in smoothly this time, with no delays. When I got to my room and saw it was a connecting room, I asked to be changed to a non connecting room and they happily changed me within a few minutes.

I must admit, and maybe its just me, that I still don't like that when the taxi/car service drops me off I have to "struggle" with my luggage myself - the hotel really needs to improve their bell service.

Rooms are still nice, crisp and clean. The free wifi is speedy enough for both work and personal use. I agree with another reviewer that even though its fall/winter here, I would appreciate if the hotel would leave the air conditioners working - I prefer a colder room when sleeping. Right now, its either heat or just a fan running from the air con (no cold air).

As I write this, I am waiting on room service ... order 45 minutes ago. However, its still a good value for money hotel; especially for business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kurt M
BOzturk, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Kurt M
We thank you for visiting again at our Hotel and the time taken to share your comment with us.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.
Kindly be informed that your comments has been shared to all our staff to prevent similar situations from occuring in the future.