“Short break May 2014”

Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Gaziantep
wolverhampton
“Short break May 2014”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I chose this hotel as I could see from the Googlemaps I studied in advance that it would be comparatively easy to locate from the airport 20kms away, via the 0-54 and D400 (motorway and A-type road respectively) . And so it proved. Also very good access to the main 0-52 motorway if you want to travel further. It is several kms out of Gaziantep and overlooks the main highway and industrial area. It is 15?-storey hotel and stands out so easy to see on approach. But you may have to do a u-turn on the dual carriageway if arriving from the airport as it is obviously only accessable on one side. That is not a problem but take care turning.

The hotel itself is immaculate and impressive and the staff are attentive and helpful. There are a range of services such as restaurants and roof top bar.

I found my stay comfortable in the immaculate 11th floor de-luxe room I paid for. Lovely decor and spotlessly clean. Mini-bar had water and beer and wine, and even chocolates and snacks. And you can order food via the phone to your room. Breakfast starts at 6.30am, a bonus if you want to get on the road.

Only two minor issues for me. Firstly, it was surprising how poorly sound-proofed the room was from the constant stream of noisy lorries, which affected my sleep. I think I am not used to the hustle and bustle of Turlish life! But they have gone to great expence to build and furnish this hotel, surprising the noise issue was not better addressed.

Secondly, an issue for us westerners who crave air conditioning in the heat, the air conditioning option only ranged from 16-30C. Too warm even at 16C!. But I had the same problem elsewhere in Turley so I guess this is just an problem for westerners from cooler climates. Most Turkish people (I guess 90% of guests) would freeze in the conditions I wanted. Again this really affected my sleep, and if I opened the window the roar of the traffic was even worse. Strange that the hotel was built with all the rooms facing the main roades and industrial area.

Overall, I do not wish to appear too critical, this is a great place to stop though you may want to be nearer the city centre. For me, with a hire car, it was ideal as easy to find after arrival at the airport, and with great access to the road system.

Would be great for a business meeting.

Room Tip: Maybe higher would be quieter?
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel whilst staying us.
We do appreciate your positive feedback and we continue to thrive to improve our standard of service at all times.
Your comments have been shared with our Team members accordingly and we are looking forward to Welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Howick, South Africa
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip.
Very comfortable big rooms, clean, with a good minibar.

Breakfast was very good.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Very easy access from the freeway, one can not miss it.
Close the one of the biggest industrial sites in Turkey.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank maizemiller2003

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I'd like to say something positive about my encounter with this hotel, but I'm afraid that's impossible.

I was traveling on business and had a reservation for this hotel, but had to cancel (a week prior to hotel reservation) as I was no longer traveling to Turkey due to circumstances beyond my control. The hotel charged the full price of the existing reservation (a full week). I have never seen a hotel do this before. I could understand if I cancelled the day of check-in, and they charged for a night, but I cancelled a full week prior.

When I asked about it, I was told it was non-refundable (I double checked and I don't see anything about reservations being non-refundable on their website). I guess this is how business is done in this country. Horrible experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ezerick
Dear Frederick,
We would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel.
We are extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay and we can assure you that the matter has been thoroughly investigated and will not re-occur.
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Once again, thank you very much for bringing your dissatisfaction with the levels of service to our attention.

GENERAL MANAGER

Travelers are raving about these Gaziantep hotels

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip to the region. The hotel was pretty comfortable. The room was big enough, with a TV, minibar, clean and the service was promising. The wireless internet service was provided all over the hotel including the room. We also had an incident which could have turned into an unpleasant situation, but was well recovered by the staff. We had a reservation for 4 people for a good price, which turned out that it was not registered. The staff who we had spoken to left a few days ago. The person at the registration desk provided us the room and also ensured the price that we agreed upon days ago after speaking to her manager. I believe this was a good customer service. The breakfast did not have a huge variety, but was adequate.

Overall Dedeman Gaziantep was a good hotel for my business trip. It is located outside the city so unless one has a car, it will be hard to get to the city. Do not expect any nice touristic view as the hotel is just next to the industrial zone. If you are on holiday, choose another place to stay within the city, but if U are on a business trip, I believe you will find the hotel quite good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Good Businesshotel in Gaziantep. My Businesspartner and i have been there for a few Days, due our Company had several Conferences in the near Area. We both can say, that the Hotel is really good and all Services have been good. There was also Businesscenter available, wich was well outfitted. We also have been two Times in the Restaurant and also there, we did get a very high Standard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013

istanbul
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have stayed for business trip last week. Cosy, clean, friendly staff, enhanced breakfast, satisfactory SPA. Not in the City Center but close to industrial area and road to Kahramanmaraş. 5 to 10 mins to City Center by car. (What i couldn't understand is paying 5 TL for slippers in SPA Center. Carry down the pair you which you will have in the room :))

Room Tip: Ask for upper levels to avoid noise from road.All rooms are close to elevators
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013

Makiivka, Ukraine
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Thank you for our wonderful vacation!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful hotel, good service!Thank you once again for the wonderful time we spent with you.I will recommend your hotel to my friends.My kids told me that your hotel is the best on planet earth.

Room Tip: We liked the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest