“5* hotel but not 5* service”
Review of Sway Hotels

Sway Hotels
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Erzurum
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very modern and luxurious with nice spacious rooms.
However the service is shocking. The staff are very in un - attentive and basic requests are simply ignored, eg ii it possible to have a fresh
orange - sorry we don't have it ( its a five star hotel).
While eating you meal you are asked to pay the bill before finishing eating. Turkish coffee at breakfast is charged as extra.
We visited the hotel while working in Turkey in late June.
The weather was hot - but guess what! The 5 star hotel has not got air con.
No wifi network in the bed rooms

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank chaosbat
There are newer reviews for Sway Hotels

Reviewed June 20, 2013

in the middle of nowhere is the Xanadu Hotel, with bad decorations, employees that don't speak a work of english, service a disaster at any level, they all need to go to a good Hotel and Catering College.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank eo b
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My trip to Erzurum was for business issues in May, therefore I can not comment about its winter sports quality. However, this is a new hotel and rooms are great. I had a city view room which, I believe, is the best in town. Breakfast was also full of choices and the burger I had in the night was tasty. My friend had an issue in his bathroom and service staff responded quickly. I would definitely choose this hotel the next time I travel to Erzurum.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I guess that most of customers of hotels with five stars uses smart phones,tablet PC or new generation laptops which are do not exist ethernet cable connection...
However Xanadu Snow White Erzurum Hotel still advise to their customer that they can use internet with ethernet cable in rooms !
Unfortunetely if someone would said me that there is no wi-fi in rooms of Xanadu Snow White Erzurum, i would laughed to that person ...
Although what Xanadu Snow White is look like with five stars , it's been finished for me !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to Xanadu Snow White with a group of friends in January and I must say, I was quite impressed. I normally think of ski resorts as a bit run down, but Xanadu was new, clean, and efficient, with comfortable rooms. The communal areas were pleasant with all new furnishings and the service was excellent. All of the staff spoke english and were more than willing to assist with anything needed. There were two ski slopes; one was for beginners and the other was a bit more advanced, but I had no issue. There was also a trail for toboggans, which you can rent, and we had a good time sledding at night. All in all, I thought Xanadu was fabulous and I would definitely stay there again. The price was quite reasonable as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jetsetter_Girl
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Such a disappointing experience from a new hotel, certainly not what I would expect from a five star hotel.

Service is terrible, employees are not pleasant, helpful or most importantly, knowledgable about their own hotel. It seemed to me the answer I got from the staff depended on whom I asked the question or what time I asked it (for example, one receptionist said car service to the airport was EUR 30, and another said EUR 50). I can list many such examples.. Smoking allowed in non-smoking rooms, very average food, room cleaning not up to standards.. Rooms do not have individual heat/ac control, so they get extremely hot. The response I received from the reception was that I should open my windows to cool the room (note: temperatures go down to negative 30 around here!)...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Melda T
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjojed 4 days in Xanadu Snow White.....standarts of the hotel are well above than a normal mountain hotels. It has a special taste not over exaggurated service was excellant food were delicious ..more impressively Xanadu is the only hotel who kept ski slopes in a very good conditions in Erzurum for skiing.It means that they know how to maintain ski conditions.We almost felt at home.....Skiing under lightining in the evening was an experience that we will never forget.If one has to critisiza something I would say orginising activities in spa could have been better.Thank you Xanadu.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family