“The best host i've ever had”

Aspawa Pension Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Pamukkale
Goreme, Turkey
“The best host i've ever had”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Facilities were good value for money and very clean and comfortable. The pool area was great to spend a morning soaking up the sun and having a swim. Short walk to the sights at Pamukkale,

The highlight of our stay, was without a doubt, the excellent service we received from our gracious and incredibly friendly hosts who always had a smile on their face. The home cooked meals provided in the restaurant were excellent and a must for all guests! We would definitely recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deb0rah_L1987

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night. The room was good (had a motel feel to it) and the bed was comfortable. The family that runs the place was very nice and made us both dinner and breakfast. Both meals were great, especially the dinner (it felt like a nice home-cooked meal). The hostel is very close to the travertines and the bus companies.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The family was great and so kind. They gave us guide books and information which was really helpful. The breakfast was fantastic and very filling. They even gave us drinks to take on the bus journey when we left. They also recommended the best bus companies to use. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

First of all, I have to say the facilities there are good, hot water and quick wifi. But what I really felt bad is the host's attitude towards his guest. I felt like being treated not as a guest but his little kid. He always told you what to do and not to do. The so-called mummy's specified-for-you dinner was really a lesson for us. They served us four people with only a small portion of rice, and when we asked for more they were not willing to give. We insisted, you know what, they brought some and said" no finish, no sleep".
It was just the beginning, when we asked for hot water for drinking, they charged 2TL for one cup.We are paying money for fun not for your "education" and not for bearing your weird temper. What I can say is it is really not a pleasant experience living there, they are money-oriented hosts rather than guest-centered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank hanzilily
ORADEA,ROMANIA
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The drivers know this location, just next the main road.It will be very easy to come by a dolmus.
This is a clean guesthouse with a little swimming pool and lots of plastic flowers around it.They have aircon, free wifi and a computer for their guests in the dining hall.Breakfast is delicious, with omelette and natural coffee.
My room, number 12 was very uncomfortable.This is the first room after the living.Very noisy, with poor light, just a narrow corridor in front of my window.Good shower, hot water 24 hours.Just one socket and a little night lamp situated on the opposite wall,2 m up from the floor, very difficult to charge my laptop or to read something
The owner was very rigid.He liked very much the discipline and the order. I was told how to keep the bathroom door shut when the aircon was turn on.
.The tourist is not a soldier in an army.I am an adult not a noisy kid to read everyday on the entrance of the living;"Please do not bring any food or drink from outside".Very bad idea to create some stress for guests with rigid rules and advices.I felt like a student of the military school.That unpleasant atmosphere wasn't my option for a holiday.
But he forgot to give me a free map of the place.He gave one for a Russian couple but not for me.
I know to shut the door .I know to switch on/off the air conditioner.
Paid 25 euro/night.Stayed just two nights. I think a fee for my "education" was included.
It's better skip the dinner.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room number 12.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LELIA B
Somerset
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting Pamukkale, The owner is extremely friendly and welcoming, he even leant me the guide book for the Hierapolis.
Don't expect luxury rooms, they're basic and clean, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacep
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Aspawa! The room we had was gorgeous and spotlessly clean. We really enjoyed the large bed and the shower with an enclosure. The breakfasts were wonderful and the meals were good as well. We stayed two nights and ate supper there twice; the first night we had an amazing dinner but the second night we were disappointed with a piece of hamburger like meat and French fries (although the soup is always fantastic!) That could have been a one off though. My only other complaint would be that the owners are very friendly to start but this cooled off rather quickly not in an unfriendly way but more in a, I don't need to make an effort way. Before we were leaving we sat in the common area and saw several travelers given cold drinks and snacks in a bag as a send off but this courtesy was not extended to us and I was surprised. The are small things and I would definitely recommend the hotel for its price, comfort, and location if not the hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pamukkale
Ozbay Hotel
Ayapam Hotel
Ayapam Hotel
#12 of 27 in Pamukkale
Pamukkale Ninova Thermal Spa & Hotel

Been to Aspawa Pension Hotel? Share your experiences!