“I feel like I am paying for "education"”

Aspawa Pension Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Pamukkale
London, United Kingdom
“I feel like I am paying for "education"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

First of all, I have to say the facilities there are good, hot water and quick wifi. But what I really felt bad is the host's attitude towards his guest. I felt like being treated not as a guest but his little kid. He always told you what to do and not to do. The so-called mummy's specified-for-you dinner was really a lesson for us. They served us four people with only a small portion of rice, and when we asked for more they were not willing to give. We insisted, you know what, they brought some and said" no finish, no sleep".
It was just the beginning, when we asked for hot water for drinking, they charged 2TL for one cup.We are paying money for fun not for your "education" and not for bearing your weird temper. What I can say is it is really not a pleasant experience living there, they are money-oriented hosts rather than guest-centered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank hanzilily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
ORADEA,ROMANIA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The drivers know this location, just next the main road.It will be very easy to come by a dolmus.
This is a clean guesthouse with a little swimming pool and lots of plastic flowers around it.They have aircon, free wifi and a computer for their guests in the dining hall.Breakfast is delicious, with omelette and natural coffee.
My room, number 12 was very uncomfortable.This is the first room after the living.Very noisy, with poor light, just a narrow corridor in front of my window.Good shower, hot water 24 hours.Just one socket and a little night lamp situated on the opposite wall,2 m up from the floor, very difficult to charge my laptop or to read something
The owner was very rigid.He liked very much the discipline and the order. I was told how to keep the bathroom door shut when the aircon was turn on.
.The tourist is not a soldier in an army.I am an adult not a noisy kid to read everyday on the entrance of the living;"Please do not bring any food or drink from outside".Very bad idea to create some stress for guests with rigid rules and advices.I felt like a student of the military school.That unpleasant atmosphere wasn't my option for a holiday.
But he forgot to give me a free map of the place.He gave one for a Russian couple but not for me.
I know to shut the door .I know to switch on/off the air conditioner.
Paid 25 euro/night.Stayed just two nights. I think a fee for my "education" was included.
It's better skip the dinner.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room number 12.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LELIA B
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting Pamukkale, The owner is extremely friendly and welcoming, he even leant me the guide book for the Hierapolis.
Don't expect luxury rooms, they're basic and clean, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacep
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Aspawa! The room we had was gorgeous and spotlessly clean. We really enjoyed the large bed and the shower with an enclosure. The breakfasts were wonderful and the meals were good as well. We stayed two nights and ate supper there twice; the first night we had an amazing dinner but the second night we were disappointed with a piece of hamburger like meat and French fries (although the soup is always fantastic!) That could have been a one off though. My only other complaint would be that the owners are very friendly to start but this cooled off rather quickly not in an unfriendly way but more in a, I don't need to make an effort way. Before we were leaving we sat in the common area and saw several travelers given cold drinks and snacks in a bag as a send off but this courtesy was not extended to us and I was surprised. The are small things and I would definitely recommend the hotel for its price, comfort, and location if not the hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

OMG a great place to stay a little dated and oddly decorated but it is a family establishment. Breakfasts were hearty and the evening meals cooked by Adems wife. There was no menu as such as it depended on what she was cooking and that was not known first thing in the morning. There was a terrible thunderstorm and a power cut but it wasnt an issue as out came the candles and the party continued. Clean but no frills for 27euros a room who can argue with that

Room Tip: Beware of the pool at night if there is a power cut as one poor guest arriving late fell in bag and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Aspawa Pension and really liked it. It's basically a very well maintained motel. Staff were extremely friendly and hospitable. Our room was simple but spotlessly clean and comfortable. We were very pleased to have an actual bathtub, so many of the places we stayed in Turkey merely had a shower stall. (As we were traveling with our 2 year old son, it was nice to be able to give him an actual bath instead of a shower, which he still hates.) I highly recommend having dinner at the hotel, the food was simple but very tasty and generous in portion. It's about a ten-twelve minute walk from the pension up the hill to the entrance to Pamukkale, so quite convenient. Also, it's on the road to where the busses drop off, so when you see the bright yellow place on your left you can ask the driver to let you off there. Otherwise it's only about five minutes back to the place. If you're only on Pamukkale for a night or so I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This was a perfect lesson in not judging a book by it's cover. It's a little bit old, and a bit tacky. So if you want luxury and all the mod cons, don't bother! However if you want clean value for money accommodation with the most friendly hosts and plentiful tasty home cooking this is for you.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pamukkale
Ozbay Hotel
Ayapam Hotel
Ayapam Hotel
#11 of 27 in Pamukkale
Pamukkale Ninova Thermal Spa & Hotel

Been to Aspawa Pension Hotel? Share your experiences!