See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2016

Things you need to know:

1) Pamukkale is a village, not a small town as I had originally thought. It's main attraction is the Hierapolis, and the famous white travertines. Most tourists tend to stay in the Denizli, then make a day trip here.

2) Hierapolis has 2 main entrances, one is the original entrance to the city, the other accessed via the travertines.

3) The Beyaz Kale Pension is located a mere 200 metres from the Travertines entrance, so in terms of location its excellent.

4) The Beyaz Kale Pension is accurately located on Google Maps, and will lead you straight to their main gate. Take it from someone not from Turkey who drove a rented car at 10pm to it with my sole reference being my phone.

5) There is free wifi in the rooms, and breakfast is complimentary, as well as home made.

6) The owner speaks basic english, so communication is not entirely a problem, and I was able to convey my requests with relative ease.

I had a wonderful stay with Uncle Omar Shariff (Yeap that's his name, though I took liberties with its spelling) and his family. He offered me a larger room for the same price because the smaller one that I had initially booked had not been cleaned yet. I was able to request a later breakfast due to my long driving hours each day. He was also willing to let me check out later since I wanted to rest again before heading out to the travertines.

The room itself felt like home, and had everything I needed for good night's stay. And with its location so close to the travertines, it was the perfect choice for me. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Hargobind S
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Good things first: breakfast was outstandingly good, as was the pleasant terrace restaurant where I ate it. The location is good (both central and quiet) and the place is clean. But! I told them I would be there between 07:00 and 08:00 (in fact my bus got in at 06:00 and I waited till 07:00 to go there.) Despite my repeatedly ringing the bell at the gate, no one came to let me in until 07:25 when a passerby took pity on me and honked his car horn till they opened up. Second: I was booked into a single with television (I didn't ask for TV but it was specified in the confirmation email) but they put me - by myself - into a dorm room for 8, no TV - but charged as per confirmation email, i.e., for single with television. It is October, and chilly at night, but only light summer bedding - not enough. Also the small 'thermal pool', while open, is not 'thermal' enough to use at this time of year, so that's kind of misleading. Pamukkale is a tourist destination, packed with accommodation - there has to be better than this!

Room tip: No idea what single rooms are like. The dorm I was in sleeps 8 (6 single beds and a double) so would be good for large group of friends.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Irishguide2014
Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

Shortly after I checked in with my friends and paid for our room, I found out that my flight for the next morning was cancelled and I had to therefore leave right away to the airport (while my friends stayed on). My phone ran out of credit and I wasn't able to top it up right away, so I asked the owner if I could make a very important call (within Turkey) to the airline to rebook my flight, but he refused and sent me to get a calling card instead. I also tried to get info about shuttle, but he showed no compassion or concern and once again directed me to seek help in town. All of a sudden he shrugged his shoulders and pretended he couldn't speak English, yet when we arrived he gave us a long spiel about the area and managed to communicate with us without any difficulties. His only concern was getting paid for a room I never used. The place looked clean, water pressure and temperature in the shower poor, it was conveniently located, but I would not recommend it because of the lack of compassion.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed September 4, 2015 via mobile

We spent two days there.
It was very nice. The family is friendly, the breakfast is good, the place is easy to find and few meters far from the hot spring and Hierapolis. We didn't had dinner there they also have a restaurant, and food seems to be good.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was fine. Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was not that comfortable and the room was a bit cold. The pool was also closed when we visited so there wasn't much to do after spending the day at Hieropolis. However the cost of the room was really low so its a great value. The owners were very nice and dinner was great.

Date of stay: January 2014