“Perfect Location, Attentive Staff”
Review of Hal-Tur Hotel

Hal-Tur Hotel
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Pamukkale
USA
“Perfect Location, Attentive Staff”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Hal-Tur is literally across the street from the travertine pools. The location could not be better. The pool is lovely and the rooms are comfortable and clean, if a bit dated. The breakfast is generous and the other food available at the restaurant is delicious.

Hal-Tur really stands out for its excellent customer service. The brothers who own and run the hotel both speak excellent English and are extremely efficient and helpful. All of our questions and requests were handled quickly and with a smile. Same goes for Mustafah who also works there.

Something to keep in mind- the hotel is a relatively new venture for the family (8 years). Their main business is carpets so just know that you will be invited to browse the carpet selection. They are not terribly pushy but I think it's worth mentioning.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great hotel! The location is less than a 5 minute walk from the entrance to the travertines (main attraction in Pamukkale). The people there are SO friendly. I traveled there with my sister for just one night and the main man was joking with us and so nice and helpful. They even made us packed breakfast when we had to check out early, and let us eat breakfast the day we got there even though it was not included. They helped us book a bus to the next city we were going to. The rooms were very nice, big, and clean too. Pool was also good, laid by it during the day.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here two nights after flying on Pegasus Air from Istanbul to Denizli. It is about a 45 minute bus ride that was arranged by Hal-Tur Hotel when we made our reservations. My husband and I had a nice room with a king bed though small with a balcony looking at the Travertines across the road. Spectacular! My daughter, her husband and their two boys, ages 12 and 14, stayed in a large family room with two king beds on the third level with the same great view. We arrived on time for the Turkish style breakfast in the dining room. We had three delicious breakfasts and a well-prepared, nicely served dinner. We walked to the top of the Travertines and viewed the ruins the first day. The 2nd day we hired a driver to take us on an hour and a half ride through gorgeous scenery to the excavated ruins of Aphrodesius - well worth the effort. We requested ping pong balls for the hotel 's table and they made a special trip to Denizli to accommodate us. There is also a small grassed in area with nets for the boys to play soccer. The staff and management went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and memorable. Having walked around the town a few times, there was nothing as nice or convenient.

Stayed April 2013
Singapore
Reviewed April 25, 2013

"Never judge a book by it's cover" can be well applied to this lovely little gem. On the outside, the facade looks well..just a little old and tired. And I wasn't really sure about the pool. But fret not, inside is a totally different story!

The rooms (though dated) were cosy and comfortable and very clean - including the bathroom. And the biggest, fluffiest towels I've ever seen. Superb water pressure and hot water on demand. No complaints there! Hal-Tur is run by a family business so we were made to feel warm and welcomed.

We arrived terribly early in the morning - about 5am after a tiring 10 hour bus ride from Cappadocia. It was low season, and we were allowed checked in early and even given free breakfast. I'm so thankful for that extra pampering and comfort. The staff, especially the owner, will make you feel right at home and help you with any requests, including bookings etc.

Also, you really don't have to go any further for food. The hotel has a restaurant and all the food is home-cooked by the owner's wife. And what marvelous food! Be sure to try the recommended house specialty! I'm missing the food already!

The hotel is located right smack in front of the Travertine hill. If you want the view, be sure to specify the rooms on the correct side.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hal-Tur in Pamukkale last night,as they boasted of a direct view on the travertine mountain. I can confirm that they speak the truth, as our 2nd floor balcony allows one to see it all.

Very nice welcome by the owner,who offered to drive us to the south entrance to the site,and drive our car back to the hotel,as we walked back down the marbled mountain. Beware,no shoes or sandals allowed,in order not to harm the travertines, interesting but at times hard on tender feet.

Small,even quite small rooms,a minuscule shower,but all clean and functionnal. For the money, it seemed all right to us. We dined at the hotel's restaurant,reasonnably good and fair priced. I'm not sure we could have done much better

All in all, a good choice in Pamukkale for the price

Room Tip: Go for second floor rooms with the view
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A wonderful place in Pamukkale, close to the travertine hill. Wonderful staff. Extremely clean premises. The pool is a godsend on a hot afternoon. We also enjoyed a few good meals on the pool patio with a very romantic backdrop, travertine hills lit up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phillip_stjames
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am at the moment working on a project near Pamukkale, and I go to this hotel for my meals at least once a week, it is a in a lovely setting looking onto the terraces of Pamukkale, the food is fantastic, which is why I drive the half and hour out of my way to go here, the staff look after you as if you were one of the family, and when my wife and my two children visited, this is where we would go three to four times in the week to enjoy the swimming pool during the summer, which I might add is one of the most well-kept swimming pools that I have seen in a long time, while I was working my wife and children spent some lovely happy days here in this lovely setting, one of the things that made me feel very relaxed when I was not with my family due to business reasons, is that my daughter told me that it was just like visiting your uncles house, now that shows how good a hotel this is and we all know how children just tell it how it is, you could not go to Pamukkale without visiting the Hal-Tur Hotel ether for a meal or use it as a base to visit the area, and I know you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family