“Bad experience with train tickets with them”

Hermosa Tours / Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 10 Tours in Pamukkale
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a very bad experience with them in September 2013 when we bought train tickets from them to go to Izmir. Here's the story :

At first, they told us that the ticket for Izimr was 25 tl and that they offer a free shuttle to the train station. The day after, the price suddenly changed to 30 tl... We bought the tickets and went with them to the train station. At the train station, we realized that the real train ticket that they gave us (that anybody can buy) is actually 11,75 tl and that there are dolmus going from Pamukkale to the train station (I don't know the price, but I bet it's not even near 20 tl per person....). They had already taken our receipt and the train was leaving soon so, after telling them how angry we were about this "free" shuttle, we got into the train. The train left and then we realized that WE DIDN'T HAVE THE GOOD TRAIN TICKET ! Can you believe it ? We had tickets for Selcuk and not for Izmir (and we already booked an hotel there so we couldn't change our plans).

When the controller came, we explained the situation, but since he had nothing to do with this company and we didn't have the rights to go to Izmir, he told us we have to pay the difference or get out in Selcuk....another 10tl. Finally, a nice turkist guy went to our rescue and talked to the controller for us and he agreed to let us go all the way to Izmir.

So...don't take bus or train tickets with them ;)

4  Thank Frederique D
Adem B, Owner at Hermosa Tours / Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, although we are disappointed to learn of your experience on Trip Advisor, rather than through a direct email to us in the first instance.

I have investigated your complaint, and it appears that your train ticket to Selcuk was bought in error (most of our guests travel to Selcuk rather than Izmir). The money that you paid included the cost of the train ticket plus a semi-private transfer to the train station in our vehicle. I apologise if you were under the impression that that was free. We do not earn any money from selling train tickets to our guests, and so we need to charge a small fee to cover the costs of our petrol. Generally we make it clear to guests that the price includes the ticket and a transfer to Denizli train station. Most of our guests prefer to pay a little extra for the transfer offered by us rather than the local mini bus (which is cheaper), because on the local mini bus there is no guarantee of a seat. In addition, paying a little extra for a transfer with our vehicle also means that guests don't have to worry about whether their luggage will fit in the limited luggage area of a local bus, or where to get off the bus, and they don't need to worry about navigating language differences when they buy their ticket. All of these are benefits that our guests receive when we take them to the train station.
Our reputation is important to us, and we would never intentionally buy a ticket to the incorrect destination - in your case it was a simple mistake, and I am sorry that you experienced distress on the train as a result. I am also very sorry that you weren't given enough information about what the extra payment for the transfer to the train station by private vehicle included. Thank you for raising this issue with us - I have used this opportunity to ensure that everyone is aware of the importance of ensuring that guests make an informed choice when they buy tickets.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

First, I must say I am enamored by Mr. Metin, our guide. He is a good guy, and really did his job well. The tour is on time, time balanced and very affordable. I recommend this to tourists who want value for money tours. They arranged our trip effectively and they brought us to good restaurants which served good food. I went to Ephesus and Pamukkale and i would definitely enjoyed my short trip of two days.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I usually do not like to book with travel agencies and prefer to do things on my own, but in order to squeeze a day in Pamukkale into my trip through Turkey, I needed some help. In steps Anna to the rescue who helped me with all my needs, answered all my questions, through email, and set up my day in Pamukkale, which went off flawlessly. I was picked up from the Denizli bus station at 6am after my night bus from Cappadocia. The shuttle took everyone to a local hotel (some people I assume were staying), where we relaxed and recharged before the tour. The 6 hour tour started at the Hierapolis, a walk down the travertines, and concluded with a large buffet lunch. We returned to the tour office, where the bus picked me up for my 3 hour journey onward to Kusadasi. They dropped me off right at my hotel in Kusadasi and my Pamukkale day was complete. Thank you Anna.

The only problem I had was the tour guide himself. Out of all the tours I took in Turkey, he was the least compelling, always on his phone, and he did not keep people together. The group would wander and we would have to wait for them. The lunch was also in a large style cafeteria with other tour groups. I would have preferred to eat somewhere more local. Overall though, Pamukkale is a beautiful place and a must see if you are traveling through Turkey. If you don't think you have time, contact Anna at Hermosa and squeeze it in, you won't be sorry.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our tours - it is very important to us. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your tour guide, however happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our operations staff. On the day that you did your tour with us, one of our guides was away, and another was ill, and so we used a freelance guide. We have passed your feedback on to the guide in question, and also taken the opportunity to highlight the issues you raised with all of our guides (both in-house and freelance). Quality of services is important to us, and so while we are sorry that you were disappointed with the guide, we are glad to have had the chance to use this as a learning experience. Thanks again, and best wishes for safe travels.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked a 2 week tour of Turkey (Istanbul, Cappadocia, Konya, Pamukkale, Kusadasi, Assos, Canakkale) through Hermosa's Australian representative, Anne-Maree at Go Holiday Turkey. She was unfailingly helpful, made some great suggestions and met up with us twice during the course of the holiday.
All the hotels were good, some better than others but all were true to their description. Our guide, Gerkan, was very knowledgeable, spoke pretty good English and delighted in giving us insights into the Turkish lifestyles and food.
Considering there were only 4 of us in the party, we had a guide and driver for the full time, stayed in quality hotels and had all breakfasts included the cost of the tour was very competitive.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent tour and guide (ALI) to Pamukkale, well versed with the history of Hierapolis and Necropolis. Itinerary carried out accordingly. Highly recommended to travelers and adventurers.