“Very basic”

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Pamukkale
Hong Kong
“Very basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Pros:
Very reasonable price considering that it has air-conditioning and includes breakfast. The reception area is nice and cosy.

Cons:
The bed sheet had some light yellow stains on it and the mattress was too short for the bed. The pool did not look clean so no one went in it throughout my stay. Wifi signal extremely weak in my room and I had to stay at the reception or corridor whenever I needed access to the internet. Even when I sat at the reception area, wifi got disconnected a few times and had to restart the modem for it to work again.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget and will only sleep there for one night, it's an okay choice, otherwise p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We really like it here. It is very small- we found the owner very friendly , the rooms were clean and the pool is filled straight from the spring water- refreshing and clean. It was a reasonably cheap option and i think very good value for money. It is VERY close to the travertines- excellent position.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hemsedal, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sunrise Aya Hotel in August 2012 and had a really, really good experience. The restaurant has surprisingly delicious food, some of the best we had had in Turkey, the pool is clean and lovely and cold even though we were there in the middle of summer, the rooms were very clean and comfortable with lots of hot water and all amenities we need, location is 5min walk from thermal pools. The best thing about this Hotel though was the staff - they were genuinely interested in their visitors and were really helpful. My boyfriend had an earache and needed medicine, so one of the staff drove him to the pharmacy on his scooter. We were parked in a tight park and the owner reversed us out. We had a mechanical incident with our car about 20mins down the road, we called the hotel for some help and 3 of the staff members came to help up us. I highly recommend this hotel, we couldn't have had a better experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Pros: Dinner in the restaurant was good. It's steps from the travertines. Room on first floor had good AC and wifi.

Cons: Super dated decor. Pool is murky - didn't see anyone get in it. We didn't feel the great hospitality others spoke of but we only stayed one night. Breakfast was mediocre.

You only need one night in Pammukale so for one night, eh, it ain't so bad. Wouldn't stay there for more than one day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vancity8
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Nice budget option. I cannot actually review the room, cause they didn't tell us that they were full but they just allocated us in the pension next door, which I don't remember the name (not as nice as Sunrise Aya, but we paid only 50 TL instead of 60) and let us use the pool and have breakfast in Sunrise Aya and use the common areas there. The rooms looked nice from the pool! The owner of Sunrise helped us a lot in organizing day trips.
What I didn't like is that he didn't tell us in advance that he would locate us somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Five of us adults stayed here and we all enjoyed it so much. Great hospitality. Real family feel to the hotel and enjoyed sitting and chatting with the owner and his Japanese wife. All of us staying at the hotel got together for breakfast and enjoyed getting to know each other and chatting together. I'm from NZ too so very sad to see such a bad review from fellow Kiwis. If they had stayed they would have found the place really nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robyn M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't with must expectations but the hotel is GREAT!
The price is really affordable and i've got a very good basic room on the second floor with pool view (they all have actually), breakfast, the perfect location of being just by the tavertines entrance and a swimming pool filled with the mineral rich waters from the tavertines!
I've arrived late in the evening near midnight and I asked where the hotel was to a guy by the minibus stop and he gave me the directions. I started to climb up the village and a few steps up another guy asked me where I was going and I told him sunrise aya hotel and the guy said he will call them so they could come and get me, it was perfect as I was with a foot injury. The next minute a scooter comes to pick me up.
I hadn't had dinner and the owner (who was the scooter driver as well) served me some within minutes.
The next day the owner helped me to book a bus to fethiye and the bus company guy went directly to the hotel to bring me the ticket!
The whole experience was perfect for the night/day I've stayed there. Thank you all sunrise aya team and a special one to the manager!

• Stayed June 2012