“Bad value for money”

Kervansaray Hotel & Pension
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Pamukkale
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have paid less for better rooms elsewhere in Turkey The room is nothing special for what I paid I feel the owner is taking advantage of over charging for the room
After touring Pamukale and waiting for the bus I checked two other nearby analogous properties charging more reasonable rates, in line to what I have paid elsewhere in Turkey
The old fashioned lesson to all fellow travelers is to plan ahead as much as possible or to arrive to your destination with plenty of day light to scout around for a room
The only positive is that the owner wife is very nice and welcoming and the breakfast was plentiful and tasty but other than that the rate is exorbitantly expensive for a simple room

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ViajeroSolitario1999

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I don't normally have a poor review to give after staying at a place that had good ratings from Trip Advisor, but I have to say that we were not pleased with this place. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we did not feel comfortable here (the only place that I can say this for our entire 2 week trip to Turkey). The room was small, worn, and very tacky, and the bathroom was extremely small and smelly. The owner tried to overcharge me several times, and it was only because I had brought with me copies of our email correspondance that I was able to successfully dispute his claims. To top it off, although the owner had confirmed for me that he would take a credit card for payment, when I went to check out he said he could not do so. I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LakeHouseTravel
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed in Kervansaray Pension for two nights. Glad I chose to stay here as it was relatively quiet compared to some other accommodations in Pamukkale. Hosts were very friendly. Mevlut's wife is a good chef, and dinner that she prepared was awesome~! Was late for breakfast time one morning but she was more than happy to serve the delicious and well-presented breakfast to me.

Had a problem with shower hose not working the second day of my stay, but was fixed by the host without too much delay.

This place is walking distance to Travertine entrance. Do make an effort to go watch sunrise up there as it is a really beautiful sight~! Ticket is TL20 for single entry. Park opens 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank VinterBug
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Our hosts treated us, my wife and 10 yr old granddaughter, like family. Reservations were easy to make over the phone. Just 1 block from the lower (crowd free) entrance to the travertines. We easily walked all the way up and back. TAKE SUNSCREEN!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 26, 2011

As previous reviews say - stayed a night on a road trip and found host and family to be extremely friendly and accommodating(as in all the turkish places we stayed - other places including my own country could learn about a smile costs nothing etc etc etc). Evening meal excellent and more than enough - not sure what we ate but thats part of the "fun" and it was really good. Parking room if you have a car. Room clean and love the colour scheme both of the room and the pension. Close to attractions if expecting to walk to them - hard underoot as you take off your footwear (another story)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We booked into this hotel for one night as to visit Pamukkale from where we were staying near Kusadasi was too far for a day trip. It served our purpose very well: a small simple hotel with clean rooms. The proprietor made us very welcome when we arrived mid-afternoon, making us some sandwiches and a drink. We ate there in the evening - a set menu but good local food - not international cuisine. The hotel gives easy access to the walk up the travertine deposits to Hierapolis.
The view from the small balcony was unprepossessing - looking over a rubbish-strewn stream valley.
Continental breakfast with self-service hot and cold drinks.
Very good value-for-money - more authentic than the usual bland tourist hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed in Kervansaray only 1 nıght, and we felt very welcomed, by Meylut and his wife. The rooms are clean, and their servıce is ımpeccable. We had a wonderful dınner the first evenıng we arrived, and had a nice chat wıth Meylut after that. He regaled to us his life stories (whıch really added depth to our stay ın Pamukkale), and then shared what we could do around the area.

We did not realısed there was so much to do there, and thought we could have planned for 1 more night.

Anyhow, the hotel is only 5 min away from the entrance to the sıghts, and we had a balcony to enjoy the sıghts of the traverstines. Will defınıtely recommend Kervansaray to any who wants to vısıt thıs area

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple