Family was really nice to me. I felt welcome. - True
Got a ride to the hotel from the square. - True
Food was good. - True x 2
It was quiet. - (besides the call to prayer. The mosque is right next door.) True
They shared fresh peach juice with me. The peaches came from a tree by the pool. - True and awesome.
These were all great things and consistent with the previous reviews.
How my experience differed:
1) My bed was a rock. (Upside:I was one of the first people at the travertines in the morning.)
2) While I was there the family was having some disagreements, which involved loud ongoing yelling. I waited for awhile for it to stop. Felt a bit trapped in my room. The yelling stopped once I walked down from my room. They apologized.
I guess you could count #2 as consistent with previous reviews if you consider that a family feel.
The cooking kept me happy. I had two breakfasts, two dinners, and a lunch there. I think you could get most other things at another place with a potentially better nights sleep at the same price or better. I'm not sure they are used to someone staying one night and actually hanging around. If I go back to Paumakkale, I think I'll try out another place but show up for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is close to Pamukkale Traveltin. We welcome all tourist to our hotel. We have double rooms, twin rooms and single rooms with free WiFi. Hot shower runs 24 hours. Also, we have a restaurant, so you can have a nice experience of traditional Turkish foods. Swimming pool is available in summer time. We are looking forward to your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Ozturk Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.