We stayed five nights at the Assiana Cave House, a great selection by our travel agent. Owners Mevlut and Suna were welcoming and ever helpful, ensuring we knew exactly what time we were supposed to surface to be picked up for whichever tour we were going on that day. We were open-mouthed when first shown to room number 1 set into the rock, beautifully cool and quite spacious with a shower plus bath and a low-cushioned seating area. On two nights Suna prepared an evening meal for us, modest but delightful home cooking, loved the yoghurt soup! (On the other nights we sampled Ziggy's (on the left as you go down the hill), the Han Ciragan (on the right further down) and Somine (in Urgup centre), all of which were excellent and very reasonably priced.) As noted by other reviewers, with it being such a small hotel we got easily into conversation with our fellow guests in a way that might not have happened in a larger place. Oh, and the Turasan winery is a few minutes walk from the hotel, we dropped in out of curiosity and came away with a couple of bottles of their lovely Emir 2011.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Assiana House is a cave hotel located in the old part of Urgup (Esbelli district), and has 5 rooms with ensuite bathrooms and beautiful decoration. This family run small hotel of Cappadocia makes your stay a memorable and unforgettable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Assiana House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Assiana House Hotel Urgup
- Assiana Hotel Urgup
- Assiana House Cappadocia/Urgup, Turkey