“Just loved it!”

Urgup Inn Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 52 Urgup B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I booked this hotel based on what I had read on Trip advisor and I was not disappointed, what a charming place it turned out to be. Omer, the owner was very hospitable and ensured our stay in Urgup was unforgettable, After chatting to him he organised a tour for us and a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia all for very competitive prices. He also recommended an excelllent restaurant close to the hotel. Our room was previously a small chapel and was delightful! So much atmosphere, the room was spotless and very comfortable. The courtyard/living area of the hotel is decorated with interesting ornaments on the walls and colourful furnishings as is very common in Turkey. The breakfasts were filling and tasty and we also managed to get some much needed laundry done for a very reasonable price. All in all this hotel was great value for money, I would recommend it and I would definitely stay here again, thanks so much Omer!

Room Tip: The rooms I saw were the French room and the chapel which were both equally charming.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This cosy hotel is quaint, interesting, pleasing to the eye with a very attractive patio/lounge area. Loved all the ornaments, cushions, plants and views over the village. The best however are the rooms. I slept in the French room which had been set into one of the many hills of Urgup. Being in the building industry I found this quite fascinating. My friends had the "chapel" room which was also well adorned. The owner Omer was very gracious and friendly and immediately on our arrival invited us to sit down with him so that he could discuss how best to spend our time in this fascinating area. He also booked us into a really good restaurant, booked our balloon tour and a day trip for us as well. The breakfast on the terrace was excellent. I will never forget this experience. I wish Omer the best of luck with all his expansion plans.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nataliekwazulunatal
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Omer, the owner of this hotel was extremely friendly, hospitable and welcoming. I was travelling on my own and he and the manager invited me to enjoy drinks in the courtyard with them and some of the other guests and also invited me to join him and friends for dinner on another occasion. The hotel arranged all of my tours and got me a very reasonable price on a hot air balloon ride. The staff were also able to accommodate my gluten allergy for breakfast. Omer and the staff at Urgup Inn helped make my trip to Cappadocia unforgettable! I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Cappadocia!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our recent stay in the Ürgüp Inn Cave Hotel has been a joy from start to finish. Duran, the manager, met us off the bus and Ömer, the owner, immediately sat with us and told us about the wonderful history and sights of Cappadocia over a welcoming cup of apple tea.

The hotel is small, friendly and comfortable, with each room having its own distinct character – ours was originally an Orthodox chapel. No request was too difficult - Ömer arranged a last minute trip to the Ilhara Valley (one NOT to miss) and drove us to the Göreme Open Air Museum (another ‘must’) on his way to teach at the primary school.

We highly recommend the Ürgüp Inn Cave Hotel where you will be treated as friends rather than visitors.

Helen and Stuart, UK

Room Tip: Each of the seven rooms has a distinct quality. Ours (204) was an Orthodox chapel so full of charact...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hlw50
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have a great experience with Urgup Inn Cave Hotel and with his owner / host, Mr Omer.

I've been in this hotel for 3 days and got excellent service and have only nice memories.
First, my plane got delayed for couple of hours, came very late, at 1am, and Mr Omer waited for me to bring in my luggage. Even though it was very late he offered me a tea or coffee (not only gave me my room key and went to sleep, even though it would be completely normal, and understandable).
When I was leaving, I had very early plane so shuttle came at 4.30am. He woke up, took my luggage and waited with me by the street until shuttle service came.
This is something what is not a regular service and which you didn't pay during check out; and only shows what kind of a nice host and gentleman Mr Omer is.
What I would like to emphasize, Mr Omer wasn't just the owner / manager, and as well a huge help. If you need anything, just say, and Mr Omer will provide that for you as soon as possible. And as well a friend, a friendly person who will show understanding for you, like you know each other for a long time. Thank you Mr Omer for that!
Hotel is very, very nice. When you read "introduction"- an old building - just walls. To be honest, at first, I was afraid of that, if it is old... Like I said, only the building is old; everything else is renovated, new and nicely furnished. My room was very big (really very big), spacious, clean; with excellent and clean bathroom. For me very important things: with central heating and hot water the whole time.
Hotel is at great location, just 200 m from main square in Urgup. You are in 2 min on foot in city center, but yet again, your hotel and room is a bit far from all city noise; people and cars, so you can have peaceful rest.

For many people important information: Mr Omer speaks english and french fluently (maybe and some other language, I don't know), so you don't need to worry about communication.

I can't thank enough to Mr Omer and to all stuff of Urgup Inn for making my stay so welcoming and warm. Thank you very much!

If I would come back to Urgup, I wouldn't search which hotel to book, I would definitely come back to Urgup Inn Cave Hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel to everybody, and I'm sure you won't regret by choosing it.

When you decide to visit Cappadocia, all you have to do is to book Urgup Inn Cave Hotel and to come. All other organizations will do Mr Omer for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ana_lsf
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband, adult son, and I stayed at Urgup Inn Cave Hotel in October 2013, and we had a great time. Our rooms were clean, spacious, and attractive. The staff and the owner were extremely helpful and friendly. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013

An amazing experience, we arrived there and the owner Omer offered us a free 2hr tour of the surrounding villages - his knowledge was outstanding - the kitchen was left open for our use and all teas/coffees were on the house - the staff were also great. Great location - a short walk to the village to visit the cafes/shops. The rooms were great. Value for money this was!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great - well positioned!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends