“Lovely place but had a shock at night!”
Review of Alfina Hotel

Alfina Hotel
Ranked #36 of 68 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our family of 6 stayed in this hotel in January this year as part of a tour package. We were the only six in the hotel that 2 nights. The restaurant had good breakfast and the waiter there was really really funny and accommodating. Doors are opened by electronic keycard. The only bad point I had was that in the middle of the night at 2am, my door was opened using a keycard by someone and I woke up because the beep was quite loud. Thankfully my door was latched and I had put a chair blocking the door from opening further. The next morning, I went to the reception to asked whether my door was opened in the middle of the night and the reception guy said that as there was a change of shift and the previous guy forgot to inform him that there was someone in that room(quite funny especially since we were the only people there.) and he needed to show a room to a couple who came in the middle of the night. He apologised more than once for that. Other than that, it was a nice place to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoshT_SG

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our group spend 3 lovely nights at this hotel in Cappadocia. The rooms rooms were amazing, clean and quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The sights surrounding the area are unique and easily accessed from the Alfina. The food was also very good as was the service.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Loved the muted tones and gentle lines of this hotel as it nestles into the hill. Spacious suite room and good evening food with very helpful desk staff. Breakfast modest but adequate. Nearby disco-noise didn't disturb our sleep with closed windows in cool weather; not sure if it might be an issue for very light sleepers or in other conditions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is amazing.The rooms are gorgeous. The people friendly. I loved the carved out rooms in the cave. Ask for a room with a bath tub if you have a hard time getting out of the shower; it is quite a drop. The breakfast was amazing and everyone was very friendly.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is not in an ancient cave but cut out of the rock, which was fine with me. The rooms were very nice. I loved the jetted tub after a hard day of hiking. The breakfast was delicious. You have to eat pine honey on your bread. It is really pretty at night with all the lights on. We walked down to the town which had lots of shops and restaurants. Many people speak English here.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Highly recommended!! My wife and I stayed 3 nights in March. Unique room that was spacious, well appointed and exceeded our expectations. We were greeted with a warm welcome by Uleyman at the front desk and the courtesy staff was attentive to our questions and needs. Turkish breakfast buffet was delicious - try everything. This was our favorite hotel in Turkey - we recommend trying this cave hotel next time you are in Cappadocia. Bill L

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Alfina cave hotel in mid-december for 2 days. They have a gorgeous view, clean and lovely rooms (very spacious) and a great restaurant. The staff was very helpful and accommodating of all our tourism needs. Initially we were worried that most people were staying in Gorem, but Urugup was as beautiful and well connected to all tourism places. I loved my Capadoccia experience and Alfina was absolutely wonderful and a vital part of it!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple