“Cave”

Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
“Cave”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the Cave Room

Pros:
1. Amazing to see and live in a cave
2. Great staff, service was great
3. Great design with enough breathing room.

Cons:
1. Place stayed cool, we went in winter so not good
2. We had some minor issues. Door lock etc.. They took care if it as best they could
3. There was a poop smell in the bathroom every time we came home.

I give it a 4 as all the hotels in the area have issues and we were told this is one of the best

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and found it to be quite comfortable and cosy. The rooms were very clean and tidy with an amazing bathroom with a jacuzzi! Service was great and felt very at home here. Only problem stopping 5 stars is of the 300 channels on the tv, not one is in English. Westerner problems I know!

Stayed January 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Located just far enough from shops to make it a short easy walk to get to, the location is quite good. I love the feel of the rooms, stone walls, timber furniture and a modern clean bathroom. If your looking for a nice comfy home to come to at the end of the day then this place won't disappoint.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Valdobbiadene, Italy
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This beautiful hotel has an 'Arabian Nights' atmosphere. I really enjoyed the design of the rooms (made out of stones and wood) and the beauty of the structure. It is a very comfortable place and the staff is willing (I have known Bekir-Yasin and he was very kind). My parents are going to visit Cappadocia and I'm definitely going to book them a room in this beautiful hotel!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved this place, especially the welcoming staff. Besides the clean and comfortable rooms and delicious breakfast, it is the extremely friendly and kind staff who makes this place truly special. They are always willing to serve me a cup of Turkish tea. In addition, when they heard that I got a bad cold and fever, they kindly offered me medicine and made me hot water and herbal tea. I felt home here and really appreciate all their help and kindness. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My agent booked me in Urgup at the hotel on my 2nd last night. Great location I would say as it is very close to restaurants,town center and other attractions. My room was again, basic, just what I needed with very friendly staff. The heater in my room was my friend that night as it was freezing. The hospitality here is just amazing and Yasin was just great! Had some Turkish Tea to warm up and very helpful with suggestions etc. HtR Travel and the hotel are the same owners and both are great! Book with them!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for one of the cave rooms or one with bit of a view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
chicago
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were booked to this hotel by a tour company in Istanbul. We had no idea what we were going to experience, and had very limited expectations. After an hour long drive from Kayseri, the cab dropped us off at a deserted street in front of a construction building, and the two of us thought - "Well.. what else did we expect!. Until, we checked in. From the moment we entered the lobby, to the time we checked out, the experience was phenomenal, The rooms are great, very well laid out, comfortable. The bathroom had a jacuzzi, and the entire place was very clean. The staff was awesome, including accommodating enough to get two jet lagged individuals tea at 3am on request.
We would recommend this to anybody, and look forward to visiting again, Special mention to Yasin, Bekir and Yusuf. WE had one of the best experiences of service from you folks.
Thanks

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank coumbus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Divan Cave House
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions
Perimasali Cave Hotel - Cappadocia
Dere Suites Cappadocia

Been to Cappadocia Palace? Share your experiences!