Has Cave Konak Hotel
$83
$146
$142
Priceline
All reviewshotel ownerturkeyjacuzzi bathunique experienceon arrivallovely hotelbulentcaveterracecheesecappadociacomfortregion
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We arrived at the Konak Hotel and were up-graded to a beautiful cave room. The room was large with a very comfortable bed. The decor was great. The hotel was very centrally located with many good restaurants near by. The three sisters who run the hotel were very accommodating. They went out of their way to make us comfortable by making restaurant reservations and telling us about the local night life. They even smiled when they were woken at 5:00 a.m. by our driver who was picking us up for our hot air ballon ride. The breakfast meal was not as lavash but more than adequate. No trip to Turkey would be complete without seeing Cappadocia. It was truly special and our beautiful cave room helped make it so.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "cave room" outside of the courtyard and it was great. Even the non-cave rooms were pretty.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seaglass55
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our stay at Has Cave Konak was very pleasant. The services were excellent with fresh home cooked food. The experience of staying in an authentic cave hotel was really wonderful. The three sisters who manage the hotel are doing a fantastic job.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
seçil e, Owner at Has Cave Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your nice review.We are really happy your staying at Has Cave Konak.
See you in Dubai...

Seçil ekizce

Reviewed March 31, 2013

...esp if you are travelling with kids. Their family suite was s p a c i o u s! with a living room so that my toddler could run around and the family like atmosphere was so homely. A family run hotel, the Has Cave Konak is very professional and can give the Sheratons and the Le Meridiens a run for their money in Customer Service :-).
Serpil, the owner also managed to make special food for us as we are vegetarian.
The accommodation itself was classy and also gave the 1000 yr old cave feel!
A must stay in Urgup...we are going back for a longer time soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms upstairs if you want a good 'early morning view'...or room 14 for the biggest family room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
seçil e, Manager at Has Cave Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Ravi
Thank you so much for your kind review.We are really happy to hear that you feel like at home.
We look forward to see your family here again.
Lots of love from Has Cave Konak

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I with my wife stayed 2 nights at this hotel.It has good location and one can take a walk around Urgup and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Very cooperative staff and exellent food if you dine here.This hotel is run by a small family and run like any top hotels anywhere. It has a good view all around which you must see if you visit Cappadocia. Rooms are very comfortable and unique in cave design.

Room Tip: all rooms are good!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Do not miss staying at Has Cave Konak if you are travelling to Cappadocia (Kappadokya)! This is an absolute gem among many hotels in the area for travellers who are looking for a quality stay in an exceptional accommodation that is rich in history and beautiful in design (rather than a noisy hostel in Goreme!).

I stayed at Has Cave Konak for three nights during my travels in Turkey, towards the end of the Ramazan month. I arrived from Nevshehir airport by bus and took a taxi to the hotel, only to realise that it is only a very short walk from Urgup's town centre and bus station.

This family-run hotel is on a stretch of cave hotels on a small hill in a nice and established area of Urgup. A former Ottoman mansion, carved out in part of a hill side, the hotel has been recently renovated and expanded to include a large beautiful courtyard, several cave rooms and two rooftop terraces. The terraces overlook Urgup's amazing landscape, where I spent many hours reading and contemplating, and appreciating this simply magical place!

A new business venture for three remarkable sisters who bring their experience in the corporate and hospitality industries as well as a keen eye for details in running the hotel, Has Cave Konak is a professionally-run, modern hotel for international tourists who appreciate an understated aesthetic and serene tranquility.

On arrival, I was greeted warmly by two of the three sisters who ran the hotel, Serpril and Sema. The warmth of their Turkish hospitality was immediately evident in their ready smile and helpfulness. I was later introduced to the youngest of the sisters, Secil, who speaks perfect English and is professional in her demeanour, cultivated in a past life working in the international travel industry. They were extremely helpful in sorting out my various tours and plans in Cappadocia during my three-day stay with them.

As I had never stayed in a cave room before, I was slightly nervous that it might feel claustrophobic. Far from it! My cave room, newly renovated with all the comforts expected of a modern hotel room, is so spacious that it has two separate seating areas and a huge bathroom complete with a luxurious bath.

The layout of the room is well thought out and generous. In fact, it is one of the biggest hotel room I ever stayed in, and this is the smaller of the cave rooms on offer! The day bed near the entrance to the cave room is just perfect for reading. The second seating area has well appointed and comfortable armchairs, beautiful Turkish carpet, a flat screen TV and a large coffee table. Despite being slightly dark (it is a cave after all), the room feels airy and serene.

The bed, covered with beautiful linen, was large and comfortable. Something about sleeping in a cave that gives you a sense of security and peace. It was so quiet I could hear my own breathing! I literally had the best sleeps of my life in this cave room.

The courtyard, where breakfast was served (by my own choice), has a homely farmhouse feel to it. I simply love sipping my cai there in the morning! There are two breakfast/dining rooms, which are nicely appointed as well as a front terrace where I had a wonderful dinner prepared by the sisters one evening.

Throughout my stay, I was made very welcome by every member of the family (Ibrahim-Hamdi, the young son of Sema and Sabre is particularly delightful) On the last day of Ramazan, I was even invited to share Iftar with the family, which I felt very honoured.

I will definitely stay at Has Cave Konak again and recommend it without reservation. In fact, I have planned to return with friends soon to share this special experience with them.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo