(Visited in June 2010)
We arrived in Urgup via a 75 mins flight from Istanbul and there were enough taxis to take us to Urgup. Apparently, there are lots of shuttle services, but we missed them. The drive to Urgup (another 60 mins) was lovely - cutting across the Central Anatolia region.
When we reached Elkep Evi Cave Houses, we were pleasantly surprised at the amenities in the cave room - it was like full of modern stuff, but kept the cave feeling alive. I especially loved the small windows in the cave room that were at odd places and were of odd shapes...adding to the cave atmosphere.
We loved Elkep Evi's morning breakfast...a decent spread to choose from, an lovely view from the terrace garden open-air sitting, families enjoying themselves, a couple of friendly dogs/cats flirting around...so much happening and even then, the place was absolutely quiet!
Just loved it...will definitely return someday if we get the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An excellent Cave hotel in urgups Cavern hill that offers a fabulous atmosphere and a perfectly exotic setting. The bonus here is larger and airier cave rooms, each with a private terrace carved into the nooks of the cliff, and gorgeous view over the cappadocian dreamscape. The wealth of architectural detail and invention draw one in. One ends up falling quite in love with this cave suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elkep Evi Cave Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elkep Evi Cave Houses Hotel Urgup
- Elkep Evi Cave Urgup
- Elkep Evi Cave Hotel Cappadocia/Urgup, Turkey