“A peaceful hidden gem”

Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A peaceful hidden gem”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Situated in a more quiet town, this hotel definitely takes your breath away. If you are looking for a peaceful and beautifully decorated hotel, this one is for you. Very spacious living rooms and fancy bathroom facilities. I could have stayed longer this is my only regret...

Room Tip: Ask for the any of the rooms upstairs - the view of the garden entrance is breathtaking
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hilary S
hotelasiaminor, Manager at Asia Minor Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you very much Dear Hilary for your warm review.
We were very happy to learn that you felt comfortable in our hotel and that you enjoyed the peace and serenity of the place. Mr Numan is doing all his best to give the garden a pleasant and flowery appearance.
You regretted not staying longer? Return here when you want: you know that you have a second home and friends in Cappadocia, waiting for you.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night only but I was impressed by the hotel , very clean and beautifully decorated. It felt very cozy and the staff was really nice. We felt welcome and taken care off . I would definitely stay again in this hotel and would recommend it to my friends .

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank María W
Hello Maria,
We were delighted to read your nice comment.
We always do our best to make our guests feel comfortable and at home.
We'll always be happy to welcome you again, you and your friends.
Thank you for your trust and sympathy.

Jean-Marc Meyer and his staff.
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My family spent 3 nights there. What I can say is: nice staff, beautiful authentic house, comfortable rooms, noiseless surroundings, easy to reach the centre of Ürgüp and other monuments of Cappadocia, we recommend it to families, couples or group of friend too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hotelasiaminor, Manager at Asia Minor Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Guests,
We kept excellent memories of your stay in our hotel as well as of your smile and cordiality; thank you for your positive comments. You will always -you and your friends - be welcome at Hotel Asia Minor, your second home in Cappadocia.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Me and my husband stayed in the hotel for a night. We felt like we were staying at our home. Loved the decore of the rooms. Room was a spacious and we slept well.
The manager was very welcoming and freindly. He knew our tours well. When our hot air balloon ride was cancelled he communicated well with our agency. His prompt mannarisms have impressed us.

I would visit that place again and will love to take my parents there as well.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank flat letting
hotelasiaminor, General Manager at Asia Minor Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello from Cappadocia,
Dear Guest,

I enjoyed reading your comment and wish to thank you heartily.
Your satisfaction is our greatest reward.
You know that you still have friends at Asia Minor Hotel, ready to welcome you again in your "second home in Cappadocia."
Take care,
With my warmest regards,

Jean-Marc Meyer
Hotel Manager
and staff.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having stayed at different styles of hotels around the world, the "cave" room experience was truly wonderful. Our host Jean Marc, was both hospitable and very helpful. A truly delightful experience we would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jeni K
Dear Guests,
The "pleasant surprise" was for me and my staff when we read your positive review.
Thank you so much for your friendly support.
We have been happy to see that our efforts to make your stay pleasant were successful.
Take care,
and why not, see you again at Asia Minor Hotel :-)

Jean-Marc Meyer, Manager, and his staff
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had an excellent stay in Asia Minor Hotel. The manager Jean is very hospitable. The place is cozy and personnel are very warm. Since its our first time to stay in a Cave Hotel, we were so excited. The services are just fantastic and every bit of our stay is really wonderful. If given the chance to go back to Cappadocia, I would choose Asia Minor Hotel as our hotel of choice. God bless and more power.

from Dr. Jim/Kyna de Castro, Manila, Philippines

Room Tip: rooms at the front
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Friends from Philippines,
Your warm and friendly comment made ​​us very happy.
Thank you very much for your kind support.
Of course, be sure that if you decide one day to come back to Cappadocia, you will always have our best room waiting for you.
With our warmest regards,
Jean-Marc Meyer, Manager and his staff.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Ok, I'm not a hotel expert. I tend to prefer practicality and low price. But I have stayed in at least a couple of hundred hotels in my life and this may be the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. It's a small establishment - just a half-dozen or so rooms. But they treat you like royalty. The property is compact, but lovely - like a manor house. The owner personally greets each of his guests with great formality and the younger staff all do their jobs with flair. The breakfast was typical Turkish, but with good, heavy wheat bread and juice or coffee or tea. The wifi was free and reasonably fast, even in the room. The town center is only a 5-minute walk away. I was blown away by the room (I was part of a tour and expected a no-frills establishment). First was the grand double staircase, then the public sitting room, then my room - all seemingly to myself. My room was warmly decorated in natural stones, dark woods, and turkish rugs. But the bathroom was all 1st class modern glass and tile. I would kill for that bathroom in my own house. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Cappadocia region for any length of time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
"The nicest hotel for the nicest guest" :-)
Thank you so much Dear Guest from Minneapolis, for your very positive comments that made us so happy.
Of course, it is always an honour for me to welcome and greet personnaly each of our guests
and my staff always does its best to make everyone feel like at home.
With our warmest regards,