“Fantastic hotel and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Asia Minor Hotel

Asia Minor Hotel
Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Urgup
WV USA
“Fantastic hotel and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The only thing better than the hotel is the staff. They are fantastic!!!!. The room was so clean, nice, and very large and welcoming. The hotel driver picked us up and was so kind. Breakfast and snacks were fresh and good. Thanks, Micheal and Linda Hall March 2013

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SEEISTANBUL

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just got back from Turkey where we stayed in this hotel booked by Medhills. The proprietor is a charming Belgian who attends to your every wish. The room was absolutely clean and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was abundant. You will sleep well in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at Asia Minor hotel as part of a tour that I booked with Turista Tours in Istanbul. The hotel manager, Jean-Marc, greeting me upon my arrival after getting off the overnight bus and throughout my stay it was his hospitality and personal service that left the greatest impression on me. He and his staff went above and beyond to make my stay in what is already a wonderful hotel, that much more special. Once I was in my room I felt like I was in a 5-star hotel. My only complaint is that I was only able to stay for one night. But for that night I decided to forgo going out for dinner to stay inside my room. For me, my night at Asia Minor was the highlight of my trip to Cappadocia. Breakfast is great, location is great, service is exceptional. You won't regret booking this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is really good. The room is very nice, is a big room, and is very confortable, has a very good shower, and is very clean. The breakfast is very good too. The best of the hotel is the treatment, people are very kindly, and they are always ready to help you, whatever you need. It's really a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: It's a very calm place, so I think that all the rooms are good as the room I stayed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ely, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Jean Marc Meyer, the manager, runs this delightful boutique hotel, with a focus on his guest that really makes you feel welcome. MedHills travel arranged this gem for us and we can't thank them enough. The room we were in was beautiful and far surpassed our expectations. The bathroom could use a little better lighting at the sink but the heated towel rack was a really nice touch. The property, public spaces and rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfast was good but I think if they changed it up from day to day would be an improvement. What a great place to stay when you're exploring the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in Feb. 2013 for 2 nights/3 days with our 15 year old son. There might be fancier (and more pricy) hotels in the region, but it is hard to imagine a better overall stay than the one we had at Asia Minor. In fact, our experience at the hotel tops all our top end five star hotel stays in major cities and resorts around the world, including other locations in Turkey. To be sure, this is a small hotel with limited facilities. What makes it special is a combination of comfortable, stylish rooms and the most friendly, yet professional management led by Mr. Jean Meyer. The property and the rooms (we were given a tour of many of the rooms) are spotless. Mr. Meyer does his utmost to ensure guests are happy, comfortable and their needs met. He is engaging, flexible and thoroughly professional, clearly with the highest standards. He actually anticipated our needs regarding restaurants, need for late check-out, etc., His staff is courteous and professional.

When we return to a region we normally prefer to try a different hotel. Not for Cappadocia. We will most definitely stay at Asia Minor again. This is a special place.

S. Shim

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

As one of two ladies travelling together I cannot speak highly enough of our time in Cappadocia, and our stay at the Asia Minor Hotel. I believe it may well be the nicest hotel experience I have ever had in quite a long life of travelling. The manager is exceptionally kind and helpful with a great staff. The atmosphere at the hotel with visitors from many parts of he world is warm and friendly. Cappadocia is nothing less than magical, and I plan to be back again as soon as I can - in the Spring, when I believe the place is even more breathtaking with tulips and flowering trees, but I also need to see the horses, and go hot air ballooning. I simply can't speak highly enough of this experience, and am recommending it to friends and family and anyone lucky enough to be thinking about this unique and incredible holiday adventure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends