“Defines Hospitality in Cappadocia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Asia Minor Hotel

Asia Minor Hotel
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Beijing, China
“Defines Hospitality in Cappadocia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in Feb. 2013 for 2 nights/3 days with our 15 year old son. There might be fancier (and more pricy) hotels in the region, but it is hard to imagine a better overall stay than the one we had at Asia Minor. In fact, our experience at the hotel tops all our top end five star hotel stays in major cities and resorts around the world, including other locations in Turkey. To be sure, this is a small hotel with limited facilities. What makes it special is a combination of comfortable, stylish rooms and the most friendly, yet professional management led by Mr. Jean Meyer. The property and the rooms (we were given a tour of many of the rooms) are spotless. Mr. Meyer does his utmost to ensure guests are happy, comfortable and their needs met. He is engaging, flexible and thoroughly professional, clearly with the highest standards. He actually anticipated our needs regarding restaurants, need for late check-out, etc., His staff is courteous and professional.

When we return to a region we normally prefer to try a different hotel. Not for Cappadocia. We will most definitely stay at Asia Minor again. This is a special place.

S. Shim

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

As one of two ladies travelling together I cannot speak highly enough of our time in Cappadocia, and our stay at the Asia Minor Hotel. I believe it may well be the nicest hotel experience I have ever had in quite a long life of travelling. The manager is exceptionally kind and helpful with a great staff. The atmosphere at the hotel with visitors from many parts of he world is warm and friendly. Cappadocia is nothing less than magical, and I plan to be back again as soon as I can - in the Spring, when I believe the place is even more breathtaking with tulips and flowering trees, but I also need to see the horses, and go hot air ballooning. I simply can't speak highly enough of this experience, and am recommending it to friends and family and anyone lucky enough to be thinking about this unique and incredible holiday adventure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Providence RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My friend and I debated whether to spend our entire 8 days in Istanbul or to venture out to Cappadocia, but we were convinced by a tour operator in Istanbul that we must make the trip. So we booked the tour, not really giving much thought to the hotel. We were delighted, though, when we were dropped off at the Asia Minor, a former mansion turned into a lovely boutique hotel. Our room was actually a suite with two spacious rooms, nicely furnished with beautiful Turkish rugs and a luxurious bath. Jean Marc, transplanted from Alsace to the small Turkish town of Urgup, was a warm and knowledgeable host. He was even helpful in sorting out a small snafu with our return airline reservation. Cappadocia turned out to be just as amazing as we hoped, and the Asia Minor Hotel made it that much more memorable. We even had lovely weather, unusual in February, so we were told.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is really beautiful and the staff welcoming. I spent two nights in this place with my girlfriend and I really enjoyed my stay.
Our room was big with two bathrooms (one with a Jacuzzi !).
The manager of this hotel and all his team are really nice and can answer to all your questions about Cappadocia.
The breackfast is good and big.
From this hotel you can easily participate to touristical tours in Cappadocia (we did two tours in this beautiful regions and I advice you to do the same because the region is full of things to discover).

PS : You can easily find in Urgup a lot of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Jean is the most friendly manager I have ever met. I would love to return to the hotel for a longer period. Both staff were incredible and I can't recommend this place enough. We stayed in the winter season and it was simple gorgeous, I would gush more but words don't do it justice

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I and my son were welcomed by a very friendly staff.

This is not only a hotel, but a "Boutique", very charming and spaceous rooms, a really good breakfest and the services were perfect.

I will not forget my time there.

Alexandre P Carvalho
Alexandre@absoluti.com.br
Sao Paulo - Brasil

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel has beautiful rooms. They are large, which is a nice change in Turkey. The manager and staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcome. There are many hotels in the area, but I would highly recommend Asia Minor for people visiting cappadocia.

• Stayed January 2013