“Amazing hotel in amazing Cappadocia”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Urgup
Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in Esbelli in October. Loved the hotel, loved the service, loved Urgup! May be it is the time of the year, but most customers were from US. Morning breakfast was delightful. Staff was very helpful in making arrangements for a balloon ride (must do in Cappadocia.. although we did our own arrangements and in the future, we will definitely use them to do it for us) or make recommendations for dinner. We stayed in one of very few just the rooms (not the suite) and it was plenty large. It was one of the cave rooms and how unique is that!! We would highly recommend this hotel!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I want to add a few more superlatives about Esbelli Evi. Three friends and I stayed there in September during a 3 week trip through Turkey and I can report unequivocally that this is a must stop for anyone visiting Cappadocia. Not only were the suites charming, spacious and beautifully maintained, the staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. A special shout out to Yasemin who truly went the extra mile to assist us. Breakfast, served on the roof terrace was delighful and there are several highly rated restaurants within easy walking distance for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our stay at this hotel lived up to and exceeded our expectations based on the reviews we had read on trip advisor. We stayed in a cave room where every detail was catered for. Free WiFi and a PC in our room and throughout the hotel. We had communicated with Yasemin before we arrived and she was wonderful and arranged everything for us. When we arrived we were welcomed as if we were part of the family. Breakfast was provided and wonderful. A big thank you to Yasemin and all the staff who were just fabulous and made our stay so very memorable. I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. We hope to return again some day.

Room Tip: Go for a cave suit
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here at the start of our 10 day honeymoon in Turkey. The area is beautiful and this property fits right in. Yasemin and her team are fantastic and she gave us great recommendations for things to do and places to eat. My husband and I are very well travelled and rather particular about our accomodations (picky New Yorkers) ad we really loved this place.

Room Tip: Stonecutter's Suite is worth every penny.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I came here on the recommendation of a friend. I was traveling with my son and we had a suite - which was bigger than my apartment at home and just as comfortable! We each had our rooms and bathrooms - and shared a large living room - as well as outdoor area. The hotel is beautiful, everything is very good taste - as is the terrace for breakfast or another terrace just for sitting and chatting. This is really Cappadocia! The staff was all very friendly - and extremely helpful in organizing our travel throughout the region. They also organized a shuttle to pick us up at the airport at Kayseri and to take us back again. Breakfast was excellent - and the room was usually cleaned by the time we got back from breakfast. We stayed for 4 nights and I couldn't find anything to complain about if I tried. I am a very frequent traveler - this hotel is perfect.
Finally, I did a lot of research to see whether I should stay in Urgup or in Goreme. Goreme is more a backpacker's destination. Urgup is a small town - with a very nice town center with plenty of restaurants and cafes - but more of a Turkish village feel then a tourist center. (The center is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel - downhill - so you have to walk uphill to get back.) The hotels tend to me more discreet. There is plenty to do in the evening. You'll need to take a car to get to the attractions from either place. In fact, the Goreme open air museum is fairly small and extremely crowded with tourists who only make a very quick visit to Cappadocia so I definitely would not make my plans around that one attraction. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Urgup to everyone going to Cappadocia - and the Esbelli Evi Hotel is a must destination.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend a suite, which are extremely large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bagherailcane
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I arrived in Cappadocia after our stay in Istanbul. It was a welcomed change from the hustle and bustle of the city and Esbelli Evi was the absolute perfect place to relax and unwind.

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted at the door and guided through the beautiful property. They really have thought of everything! Our room was gorgeous and came with a kitchenette, a stocked refrigerator with refreshments, Dove soap in the bathrooms, a laptop with wifi for our use. We chose to relax in our room the first day and just enjoy being in our own little cave. Just outside our door from our room was a beautiful seating area where my husband enjoyed some Turkish beer and I made myself some tea. It was such a relaxing part of our trip to Turkey!

The staff were so accommodating and helpful that it compares to any of the five star luxury hotels you can stay in - but just more intimate. They arranged a wonderful private tour for us as we had limited time to spend here, but our tour guide did a wonderful job showing us the highlights of the area. They also recommended local restaurants for dinner, which turned out to be two of the best meals we had during our entire stay in Turkey.

We would highly recommend Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel! Thank you for a wonderful time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Esbelli Evi for four nights and I only wish we could have stayed longer. The place is beautiful, a little piece of heaven, made even more wonderful by the amazing Yasemin, who makes you feel like you are visiting a beautiful home rather than a hotel. From the delicious breakfast to the evening gatherings for wine it's the friendliest, most welcoming place I've ever stayed. We ended up spending our most enjoyable time sitting on the terrace with wine and chatting with Yasemin and the other guests--and we made friends I am sure we will see again. The area is, of course, fascinating but being able to enjoy it while staying at Esbelli made it truly perfect. I would go back again any time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Hezen Cave Hotel
Hezen Cave Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ortahisar
Kelebek Special Cave Hotel

Been to Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!