“OK wow! Never been to a hotel like this!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Urgup
Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Sydney, Australia
“OK wow! Never been to a hotel like this!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This has to be the most unique hotel I have ever stayed in...
Rooms are first class (wow wow wow), and owners/staff are very friendly. Only criticism is that US$10 for a self service load of washing is a bit steep.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 13, 2011

What an amazing place. Suha is a complete gentleman and invited us in like we were family. Our family suite cave was perfect and the surrounds ASTOUNDING! Cannot Fault

• Stayed April 2011
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Esbelli Evi met all of our very high expectations, and that is saying something. It was fun to stay in a cave hotel, and the family cave suite was perfect for us (though the kids could not agree about who got to sleep in the cool cave bed in their room!). Suha's advice on what we should do each day and where we should eat was spot on. Breakfast was delicious. Cappadocia is a wonderful location for a trip with teens, and we were pleased with our choice of Esbelli Evi in every way!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Up a winding hill, and behind a fortress wall lies your home away from home if you choose to stay at Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel in Urgup Cappadocia. As I say, IF you choose to stay here you will NOT be dissapointed in ANY way except that you didn't book MORE nights here instead of rushing off to your next adventure. So, now that my charge has been delivered to you its up to you to make the reservation!

The door to the hotel opened upon our arrival and our host (and owner Suha Ersoz) personally greeted us with diplomatic aplomb! Our luggage swiftly disappeared (only to show up in our room after the property tour) and we were promptly and personally shown the sprawling accommodation by Shua--just another of the MANY reasons that Esbelli should be your hotel of choice in Cappadocia. This is one of the earliest of hotels in Urgup and Suha has been involved since day one...upwards of 20 years if memory serves! The touch of a true expert in comfort and hospitality is evident in his hotel.

Suha took us through the winding cave hallways, through the library where classical music was softly churning. Here, there are 2 laptops for guest use, an upright piano (and sheet music should you feel Beethovan's ghost move), board games, swaths of music on CD and a large comfy couch all available 24hrs/day. Further we walk through "bar" where soft drinks, juice, bottled water and a full bar (including cappadocian wines affordably priced) are available as well as tea and coffee and desserty snacks (all complimentary except alcohol and soft/fruit drinks) the kitchen to the breakfast rooms where the most elegant service is provided each morning from 7-11am--a relief for me as i intended to NOT rise before 9 or 10 and somtimes the hotel breakfast is over by then. The breakfast included cheeses, breads, jams, yoghurt, cereal, fresh fruit, tea, coffee, pastries and a FULL menu of eggs any way. Again, this was another of the niceities of Esbelli that affirmed my decision to stay here.

In the room(s)--and I say rooms because the rooms are not just A room but rather a series of adjacent caves all linked together to create a suite with a well appointed efficiency kitchen. The floors are brilliant wood (with slippers included to glide across) and the baths brilliant marble. The design of the caves make it wonderful if you are traveling with children. Or if you just want a GIANT cave all to yourself! Further attention to detail that Suha excells at is that there is sattellite tv and blazing fast wireless internet with a laptop in every cave dwelling! In fact, Suha informed me there are MORE laptops than rooms in the hotel. Hows that for service!? If you should need, there are 2 brand new front load washers...the kind you have at home...or WISH you had at home available for 5 USD. Soap is of course provided and the staff will hang the clothes for you when they are done! (no dryers to help save energy). Not to worry the beautiful Turkish sun will dry your clothes in no time!

Suha was willing to give us recommendations of what to do, where to go where to eat and how to get there. An added bonus was that the website author Tom Brosnahan was also visiting (as he's personal friends of Suha) Suha offered to help us plan our days! Which was really nice, but like I said, after we arrived I didn't want to leave the hotel--despite all the wonderful activities available. We did venture to the small downtown area to get beautiful fruit and veggies and soup for late afternoon lunch (explore a little and you'll find beautiful Whole Foods like produce, artisinal breads and cheeses and authentic mom and pop restuarants in town)...and took a rental car ($55) for a day of exploring Cappadocia... but while out we longed to get back to the hotel to enjoy the tranquility and truly enjoy lazy days at Esbelli Evi.

My only complaint is the lack of clocks in the room and it would have been nice to have DVD movies available in the library to watch...should you be as lazy as me in the evening! Otherwise Esbelli Evi was the HIGHLIGHT of my Turkish vacation. I am so thankful to the staff and to Suha for providing me with exactly what I was looking for in the last 4 days of my vacation.

Room Tip: Tell Suha what your plans and he can decide!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hobbes1948
Steilacoom, Washington
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My sister and I stayed at the Esbelli Evi for 4 nights in the wonderful Labyrinth room. This was my third stay at the Esbelli Evi and it just keeps getting better. From the very competent, helpful and friendly staff, to the wonderful breakfasts on the terrace with a panoramic view, to the lovely beds with down comforters, to the laptop supplied in the room with wi-fi, to the great location and good parking, there just isn't a hotel I would rather stay throughout Turkey.

• Stayed October 2010
Bangalore
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I would absolutely agree with the fellow travellers that this place is probably the best hotel in Cappadocia. We stayed in the Labyrinth suite, which had a huge master bedroom with an attached bath, a second bedroom, a second bathroom, a living room and a kitchenette. The rooms were spacious and very tastefully decorated with traditional artefacts. The bathrooms were spacious and very clean. The living room had a laptop which was a great thing as one could be in the privacy of their room to use it. The fridge in the kitchenette was stocked with wine, beer etc.
The breakfast was wonderful, fresh juice was served at the table and they had made to order omelettes too. They had the best "simit" bread that I had during my entire stay in Turkey. The staff was very polite and very attentive and spared no efforts making us comfortable. I bought an old tea kettle from a store which was quite dusty and would have made it difficult to pack without a clean-up. I requested whether I could get that cleaned and sure enough it was done and kept ready the next morning. This is going an extra mile and that is what sets the place apart from others.
The owner Suha helped us with all the information needed for the sightseeing of the area. He handed us some printouts and gave us general routing ideas to cover the region within our stay.
The location is perfect in terms of travel around the region. I think overall Urgup is a better option for a stay in Cappadocia as its cozier, though the restaurant options in Goreme are much more.
All in all it was a home away from home and definitely one of the best places that I have stayed. Mr Suha has indeed done a remarkable job!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 10, 2010

we were fortunate enough to stay at Evi Esbelli for 3 nights and were extremely sorry to leave - the rooms are beautiful, the staff are the best - it's a very very comfortable place to be based for explorations of weird and wonderful Cappadocia

breakfast out on the terrace was a treat especially the fresh-squeezed orange juice and real coffee (it's amazing how hard it is to get real coffee in turkey unless you mean turkish coffee - otherwise it's all nescafe)

there's a laundry and the weather was so dry in october that everything dried on the provided clothes lines within hours - even my denim jacket!

Suha is the founder and I told him that we would have a more perfect world if he designed every hotel in every country - his assistant Esin is absolutely adorable and between them and the other staff, made us feel truly at home - we heard that they are converting their standard rooms into suites, so there will be fewer of them - make sure you book in enough time to stay here!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
#3 of 76 in Goreme
MDC Hotel
MDC Hotel
#6 of 65 in Urgup

Been to Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!