“Our experiences in Turkey April 2013”

Travel Atelier Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in Urgup
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experts on customized tours in Cappadocia and throughout Turkey, flexible itinerary planning, special interest tours with Deluxe vehicles, expert guides and friendly team members and detailed itinerary planning / logistics. Some of our specialty products are Wine Tours, Cooking Classes, Gastronomy trips, Archaeological Expeditions, Honeymoon travel and Destination Weddings. All hotels we recommend and services offered are personally inspected. We also extend our assistance 7/24 during your Travel time in Turkey.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our holiday started in April 2012 with our 17 year old son saying he wanted to go to ANZAC Day in Gallipoli (2013) for his 18th birthday, which is on the 26th April.

I started reviewing TripAdvisor on how to make the perfect holiday work. 5 of us traveling, wife and I, 2 teenage children and my mother in law (Grandma, 74yo).

I reviewed all the forums and from that chose 4 travel agents to contact with our basic needs. Only 2 bothered to reply, (Am still waiting for the other 2).

The email I got from Erkan at Travel Atelier was fantastic. He filled in some of the gaps in my first itinerary, made some suggestions that reflected our traveling parties needs and was written in a way that I felt I could trust him.

But I still reviewed our options elsewhere (local agencies) as Cappadocia is a long way from Perth Western Australia.

Over the next few months from initial contact, Erkan and I worked together via email and we (Erkan really!) built a fantastic holiday. Erkan suggested hotels, I checked them out online. Erkan suggested daily tours, I checked them out online. Its always hard to get the full picture online, but from what I was seeing Erkan had it 100% correct.

So, I went with Erkan from Travel Atelier in Cappadocia, central Turkey.

When I sent my deposit, I was nervous. As mentioned, Cappadocia is a long way from Perth.

I guess once the deposit was paid, Erkan knew I was a legitimate traveler and his service only got better, which sounded impossible, how can he get better than he already had!

We still worked on the itinerary, tweaked this, altered that, I paid the final payment.

Days before we leave and I get a phone call from Erkan. He made a small mistake in his planning and was calling to let me know he had fixed it and that we were not to worry. What a guy :-)

It's always reassuring to land in a foreign country, go through all the customs and baggage rigamarole to see your name on a piece of paper when you exit the customs area. Our driver was waiting..... phew. And what a car we were picked up in...... luxury. Thanks Erkan.

Our hotel in Istanbul, the Yasmuk Sultan, was a fair drive from the airport but tucked away nicely in the middle of it all. Clean, tidy, friendly, everything we expected. All of our needs were met and most importantly Grandma was happy. Thanks Erkan.

That evening Erkan phones and informs us of what to expect over the next few days, pick up time, what we will be doing and what to expect. I was so pleased to get the call, just to confirm that the notes I had brought a long were correct. That call happened every evening, informing us of what to expect the next day.

Berrin was our tour guide for the following 2 days in Istanbul. She was better than fantastic, she was brilliant! So knowledgeable, so friendly and so caring to Grandma. We had a great 2 days.

Honestly, I could go on about the whole 15 days we spent in Turkey, writing a full trip review, but this is really about Travel Atelier and Erkan.

Faultless.

Every detail, every tour, every guide, every driver, all accommodation (Nazlihan Hotel in Assos..... WOW!!!!!), every transfer was perfectly organised by Erkan.

I cannot sing your praises enough!

We had a fantastic holiday.

Thank you Travel Atelier.

Thanks Erkan.

3  Thank Xmas_trip
TravelAtelier, Owner at Travel Atelier Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

THANK YOU so much for your very nice & detailed trip report & review "Xmas_trip"

What more can be said, we were all knowing you before meeting you in person, Erkan was up and down arranging your logistics, Anzac visit and needed equipment for camp at the memorial etc. His excitement was obvious and I am so glad all worked well and everyone did enjoy their visit fully at different parts of Turkey. Thank you for choosing us and travelling with us. I loved the part that you mention you still await an answer from other companies whom you also send your inquiry..... Your happiness and great comments will give us further drive & motivation to keep up our work with energy & enthusiasm. Please tell your friends about Turkey back in Perth and distances are not important as long as you match well with your operator as you did experienced.

All the best and regards from Sunny Cappadocia, hope to see you again.

All reviews
"turkey"
in 105 reviews
"luxurious van"
in 2 reviews
"took care of every detail"
"private driver"
"greece"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had come to Turkey for our honeymoon in April 2013
We had booked the trip through Ismail and he made the best arrangements for us
He suggested the best of hotels and we loved it
He would respond to my emails post midnight also which shows how proffesional and dedicated he is.
If we were stuck anywhere he would help us out immediately
I suggest Travel Atelier private tours for a perfect honeymoon in Turkey *****

1  Thank mihirc11
TravelAtelier, Owner at Travel Atelier Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear mihirc11,

Once again Congratulations and thank you very much for your review & nice words.
Honeymoon arrangements are one of our speciality and we care a lot about newly weds and their desires, like we do for all our guests but we know the extra importance of honeymooning :-)
This is the time to get rid of all the stress after the wedding joy and enjoy each other within your privacy with good arrangements.

We wish you all the best, happines and continued love all the way. You are always welcome back for one of your anniversaries

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in Cappadocia, in May, arranged by the Travel Agent, and Ismail, our tour guide, was fantastic. Nothing was too much for him. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and sensitive to our requirements (he knows great places to eat). He was so thoughtful that he even gave each of the mums in our small group of 6, a mothers' day rose. The prepared itinerary was exactly right for us. In fact we initially had booked a tour for 2 days but were so impressed that we booked a third day. Cappadocia is a magical place and would recommend the use of a guide, as there is so much to see. A balloon ride isalso a must, again arranged by Ismail. A truly wonderful place made all the more enjoyable by Ismail and his colleagues, including our minibus driver.
Feray

1  Thank FerayY186338

Dear Feray,

Thanks you for your very nice review and thanks Sami to send you our way all the way from Kalkan. It was a pleasure for us to host you in Cappadocia and meet the rest of your friends.

Ismail is good with up selling isn't he :-) I am glad you could extend your touring as this area deserves time and attention you already gave.

Hope we will have apportunity to meet again and do that wine tasting.....

Kindest regards to all and I remain,

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous 2 week trip in March-April 2013, arranged by Ismail. Initially, I was also discussing the trip two other travel agencies but Ismail's very prompt responses to my dozens of emails is what made me choose travel Atelier. Ismail, if you're reading this- I often wondered when you slept :) Despite the time difference I usually had a response to my queries within minutes.
All arrangements were flawless- transfers, guides always on time. Comfortable transportation arranged. Great hotel recommendations. Best part about this agency is the flexibility- they can put together an itinerary completely tailored to your interests and budget.
I am recommending Travel Atelier to several of our friends who now want to visit Turkey after seeing our pictures from the trip. Keep up the good work guys!

3  Thank our_world906

Dear our_world906 :-)

I am glad you had good time with us travelling in Turkey and thank you so much for your review & report here at Trip Advisor.

Reading all the extraordinary nice comments of our extraordinary nice & kind guests makes everyone happy and proud in the office. Gives us courage and motivates us to go beyond wherever possible.

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with your friends & family and recommending us for their Turkey travel arrangements, rest assured we will look after every request they may have and will be pure pleasure for us. I am sure Ismail will do his best to amaze them.

When possible we would be also happy to see you again....there are more to explore

Best regards from Sunny Cappadocia,

See more reviews
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I traveled in Turkey for a total of 10 days. We contacted Erkan (Travel agent) via email and it did not take long for him to create an itinerary that met our needs. Erkan is very flexible and happy to amend the itinerary. He chose the best accommodations (especially in Sirince) and made arrangements for a renal car for us. He checked on us throughout our trip by phone and we appreciated this (it gave us reassurance and we could ask any questions/work through any issues we encountered on our trip). Erkan is very accessible through email which was especially helpful as we made arrangements from the US. We would recommend using Travel Atelier and especially Erkan.

2  Thank Deepak V

Dear dvoora,

Thank you so much for the very nice review and comments. We like to check our guests and how they are doing and if we can extend any further assistance, make sure they do not feel alone especially when they drive on their own. I am happy to see that your communication with Erkan made a difference as well. Thanks to smart phones and dedication of our team that they often keep communicating with their guests even after office hours.

You are always welcome for more and rest assured we will be happy to be at your service.

Kindest regards,