“Western Turkey Tour”

and up
Hiking in Red and Rose Valley
Ranked #2 of 41 Tours in Urgup
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock Valley Travel is a family run and operated business that has been providing service for travelers to Turkey since 1996. In our opinion, travelling in Turkey is not a job, it's a passion. Our staff are highly trained and qualified to assist you with gathering the itinerary you need. Please, ask us to help customizing your special trip. We are specialized in tours FIT, Groups and MICE who are looking for the real Turkish Cultural experience.
Gainesville, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Western Turkey Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had a wonderful experience with our tour of Western Turkey. The guide and driver were very professional and did an excellent job. We would definitely book with Rock Valley Tours again.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Gold Canyon, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Five years of Great Travel Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Am a travel agent from the USA who first toured Turkey with a group five years ago. I, like so many others, have since fallen in love with this wonderful country!

Each year since, I have returned, always including Cappadocia on my group's itinerary. And each year I have relied on Rock Valley Travel to arrange all aspects of our journey (air from Istanbul, transfers, hot air balloon rides, tours, cave hotels).

Without fail, we have received excellent, knowledgeable service each time from Rock Valley. Every detail is taken care of. It is just so reassuring to know that once we arrive all will take place as promised!

One thing to realize--Omer and Vedat are not just travel agents. They are also approved tour guides for Turkey--they are capable of answering your questions in detail! In fact, Omer traveled with my group as our tour guide for three days in October. He was knowledgeable and very entertaining! Hope to travel with him again next year! And I must add that included meals on each of the tours was outstanding (great food in memorable restaurants)!

Example of why you might need a good travel agent in Cappadocia: Early-on I had booked hot air balloon rides for my group members through Rock Valley. After arrival in Cappadocia, Omer informed me that he had changed the date of our balloon ride due to predicted high winds on the originally scheduled date. Had we not booked through Rock Valley we most certainly would have missed our balloon ride! Thanks again, Rock Valley for taking such good care of us!

Tours booked through Rock Valley have always been on virtually brand new vans or buses. Tour guides have been knowledgeable and caring--especially important since I often travel with Senior Citizens who sometimes have mobility issues (important to remind the agents there at Rock Valley if you, too, have these issues). They will advise as to which tours are best.

Atacan, owner of Rock Valley Travel is currently building his own cave hotel! If you have the chance to visit the travel agency when in Urgup, be sure to do so! Rock Valley is a cave travel agency--built right in to the side of a solid rock mountain just a short walk outside of the city center. If he has the time, I am sure that Atacan would be very proud to show you the progress of his new cave hotel. We were all AMAZED at what he is attempting to accomplish!

In conclusion, if I could give prospective visitors to Cappadocia just three words to describe Rock Valley Travel I would choose the words CARING, KNOWLEDGEABLE & TRUSTWORTHY!

Don't leave home without them!

Rick
Gold Canyon, Arizona USA

1 Thank constant-cruiser
Racine, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome, Well-Organized Turkey Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We wanted to visit Cappadocia and Istanbul before a cruise. As we only had 4 days, we decided to have Rock Valley make all of our arrangements--domestic flights, transfers, 2 nights in Cappadocia, 1 night Istanbul, 2 full-day small group tours in Cappadocia and 1 full-day tour in Istanbul. Everything went smoothly from start to finish. Mrs. Turkoglu responded quickly and accommodated all of our requests. The hotels were excellent and well-located. All of the tours guides were professional and interesting. I cannot say enough about Omer who went out of his way to make sure we saw everything on the tour even though it meant extending the time. The lunches included on the tours featured local food in charming and interesting settings. We only had five people in each group which made the tours very personal. I had originally contacted several agencies about planning this trip and I chose RV because of their professional responses and the sites covered on the tours. Rock Valley did the most pre-trip to try to accommodate my wishes at a very reasonable price. I would recommend them to anyone.

Toulouse, France
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Custom-tailored Cappadocia in one day ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

The standard tours are pretty good, but you need at least two days to see the main highlights. Most of the people in our group had only one day to see everything, so I looked around for a private tour. Vedat at Rock Valley was very helpful and put together a full day itinerary including the open air museums and one underground city, along with several shorter photo stops and a lunch break.

On the day of the tour, the weather wasn't great, but we were very pleased with our guide Gonca, who was cheerful and engaging throughout the entire day, as well as being knowledgeable and efficient. She was also flexible and responsive to last-minute requests and changes to the program. I think everyone in the group enjoyed the tour and got to see a lot in one day without feeling too rushed or exhausted.

I would recommend Rock Valley and especially Gonca to anyone visiting Cappadocia.

1 Thank DeppityDawg
NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“They do take care of their customers...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Recently we had the chance of dealing with RV tours and had a grat experience.
We took the private tours for 2 days and had nothing to regret. They were always on the hour on the pick-up time in the hotel and airport and the guide was very good in her job during the tours...
The response by email was quick and informative...
We didn´t reserve the hotel with them, just the tours and the internal flights within Turkey.