“superior in every way”

Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Madison, Wisconsin
“superior in every way”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is the place you want to pick as your home base when visiting Cappadocia. It is a superb establishment, owned and managed by a warm and caring duo of father - daughter and it is located in the most charming (and less "touristy") of the towns of Cappadocia.
The rooms are splendid and luxurious and as others have noted -- huge! We were in room 209 -- a lovely combination of cave and brightly windowed mansion-living room, with views to die for. In February, it can be quite cold, but the rooms were always warm -- so warm in fact that we turned off the heat in the sleeping area. Everything can be perfectly adjusted to your liking.
The furnishings are exactly right, the bed -- comfortable to a fault (you wont want to get up!), the breakfast -- eggs prepared to your taste plus a buffet of delicacies. I have nothing but praise for this establishment and would have given it 5-plus ratings even without the additional benefit of having had Gamze and her father as our hosts. But I must say, their caring, compassionate, enormously helpful demeanor will stay with us for the rest of our travel days (and we travel constantly, year round). My partner and I went hiking in one of the more remote valleys of Cappadocia (we are avid hikers). It's empty there now and quite unexpectedly we encountered some dogs out for a lark. This is rare, but it has taught us to walk with sticks, just in case, in the future! One of the dogs managed to nip my partner and so we were slated to do a run to the clinic. Gamze was a saint. She orchestrated everything for us. We were so well taken care of that what could have put a damper on our trip was hardly a big deal. And, wanting to leave us with a good memory of Cappadocia, she spent the rest of the day with us, showing off some of the special corners of the valley. She was a true friend and we will never forget her kindness.
Again, Cappadocia is magical and the Fresco Cave is a five star experience and then some! Beautiful hotel, lovely, caring people. Absolutely the best!

Room Tip: Go for one with a view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oceanauthor
Gamze T, Genel Müdür at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely , emotional review and your kind words. I am very glad to meet you. I am also delighted that you found the whole experience best.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. So that day, I am happy to travel Cappadocia with you and leave you with a good memory :)

Please dont forget you have a home and lots of friends in Cappadocia.

Hope to see you soon

Gamze TOYBIYIK KAYA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 8, 2014

What a great experience. This is a family run hotel in the heart of Cappadocia. I arrived quite early due the the flight arrangements I had and we were promptly welcomed by GAMZE, the manager and pretty much owner of the place as it belongs to her family. She is a great woman with the hospitality charm running in her veins. It was earlier than 10 in the morning and she immediately asked if we were hungry and offered a complementary breakfast so we would do something pleasant while she would take care of the check-in. Not only she offered a room that early in the morning, but also she upgraded us to a cave room. As soon as you open the door of a cave room at Fresco it is impossible to hold back the WOW! It is HUGE! It is not that the bedroom is huge, but the lounge area is huge and the bathroom is pretty much a stardard room size in Paris ou London. The Shower area could pretty much be a hotel room in Tokyo. Also the ceiling is a few meters high as it has not been modified for centuries. Only the amenities were modernizes, such as the satelite TV, the heater, the lights and the furniture. The space remains the same over the centuries. I was sooooo pleased to stay there. I only wish I had time to stay a little longer. Breakfast was and I am sure it still is outstanding. The night views from the hotel are great. And not more than 5 minutes walk from the hotel you find the city center and the incredible restaurants of URGUP. I can possibly say that it was my best meal of that week in Turkey. The cherry of the cake is the cute ceramic bow from FRESCO I was given along the warm and sincere have a great trip, Also a courtesy of Gamze.
Thank you Very much Gamze and I will take some more friends back to stay with you soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ernesto A
GamzeToy, Genel Müdür at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Ernesto,

Wow, what a wonderful and lovely review. Thank you so much again and again. Your example about our rooms are really great. I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit.

We do hope you will visit us again and do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Please do not forget that you have a home and lots of friends in Cappadocia.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Fresco has all the amenities of a 5 star hotel. Great localization, luxurious rooms and super personalized service.

I was there for 3 nights with my family. Great base to explore Capadoccia and one of the most pleasant stays of my life.

I recommend it enthusiastically.

Room Tip: If you have no trouble with the staris ask for a room at the higher floors. Beautiful view.
1 Thank GFtrip
GamzeToy, Genel Müdür at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
I would like to thank you for your great review and it is very nice and important for us to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. Your recommendation is really important for us.

Also such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

We hope to see you soon

Kind regards,

Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was our second trip to Cappadocia after 5 years and decided to stay in a cave hotel. Fresco was fantastic. Each part of the hotel decorated how it was in past. Cevis, the dog at the reception, was so lovley. Unfortunately, this time we stayed only 2 days Front desk officer (Gamzes) arranged us very diffferent activities such as cooking at the local house. It was fantastic also. We had chance to see local people culture&food. My wife learned to make guvec (turkish casserole). It was delicious. We will come back to explore Cappadocia and Cappadocia culture again.

2 Thank Steve D
GamzeToy, Yönetici at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Steve

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed the programme that I prepare for you.Actually we really want to show our culture to our quests. Because of that we made programmes with local people, such as cooking class. I am very happy that you experienced it.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant and please do not hesitate to contact any member of the team to assist with any arrangements.

Florida, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 12, 2014

When you go inside the hotel, you will be sure that you will always remember those times.This exceptional hotel serves you the best. All staff are struggling to do their best. Rooms are so comfortable(we went on december, the rooms were so comfortable). Especially bathroom was so nice (room 110 Sari Cave Room). Bed was really really so nice. Terrace has a very good view. You can see Urgup city from the top. Ilyaz, the front desk officer, mentioned us the region with his warm approach. Gamze, the manager/owner of the hotel, described us how we can trawel around. she gave all the information in detail. You can directly trust Fresco officers for the travel arrangements. Because, their aim is to make your trip comfortable and full of cultural &historical story. Come back in near future again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GamzeToy, Yönetici at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Takanora,

Thank you for choosing Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions. We appreciate you taking the time to write a great review of our Hotel.

The team and I are delighted that your experience was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Last month, we stayed at Fresco with our friends from Adana. Fresco is an old ottoman-muslim house that was restorated in recent years. It is new and so welcoming. Manager, staff is so helpful and hospitable. Hotel is as if living now but taked you to 1800s. The photos on the walls which are related to building in past, people lived in this house in 1908 and others. Cats and a sweety dog are also so nice. Even they have taken the possession of hotel. You do not have time to get bored. All the time the hotel staff can find you activities like balloon tour, horse riding, trekking or close area trekkings within walking distance from hotel... Regarding the hotel physical structure, rooms are well decorated. All decoration is so lean and charming. Breakfeast is well enough and options of local foods.

If you are planning to go Cappadocia, one of the best destinations is Urugup. It is small and sweety town like village. Since the hotel is in old city center, you can find both historical and modern city in walking distance. Restaurants are so close. As a summary, we were so satisfied from Fresco, staff and location. We discovered lots of things like local foods, local culture, history of Urgup city via hotel staff and the owner of the hotel. Hope to see them again.

1 Thank Andrew M
GamzeToy, Genel Müdür at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review on the site for us and we are very grateful for your wonderful feedback.

Also, The team and I are delighted that your experience was enjoyable. It was our great pleasure taking care of you.

Please do not forget you have a home and lots of friends in Cappadocia. Hope to see you again.

Vólos, Magnisia, Greece
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I traveled with my girlfriend to Cappadocia and found a great hotel in a very nice city called Urgup.

The hotel is like to be in heaven. With experience in high quality hotels around the world, I can say that Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions overcome our expectations in every aspect, turning it in our favorite.

Great location (near down town and restaurants), comfortable, clean, nice breakfast, nice restaurant, safe, quiet to sleep, perfect service will make your best choice in Cappadocia.

Also I would like to express my best regards to Gamze who is the Manager of this great hotel. She helped us a lot during our stayed with a very professional and high quality service.

Thank you for make our stay in Fresco one of the best of our life and we hope to come back soon.

Best regards,

Tomás Valdivia Sáenz

Room Tip: I checked all room and all are perfect. It will up your budget but I can say that worth all the ti...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tomasvaldivia
GamzeToy, Genel Müdür at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Tomas,
I would like to thank you for your great review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Please donot forget you have a lots of friends and a home in cappadocia

Hope to see you again.

Gamze TOYBIYIK KAYA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Perimasali Cave Hotel - Cappadocia
Yunak Evleri
Yunak Evleri
#7 of 65 in Urgup

Been to Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions? Share your experiences!