Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsturkeywalking distancerecommend this hotel to anyoneupgraded to a suiteballoon tourbeautiful hotelhuge bathroomliving roomrental carhotel ownercappadocia regionturkish breakfastamazing experiencehot air balloonterracecavehospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Fresco Caves Suites was one of the highlights of my trip to Turkey! It was the most hospitable of all the hotels my group stayed at, with the manageress regularly seeing that we were happy, pleasant staff, and a small concert just for us (only 9 people). Rooms were big, beautiful and comfortable. (All rooms are decorated differently so be ready to take a tour of your travel mates rooms as each is more beautiful than the next.) Views were stunning! All amenities worked (my travel mates said they had small issues that were quickly attended too.) The food was tasty, genuine to the community, and fresh. My travel mates reported a friendly reception by the local community. The place exuded Turkish hospitality. I don't know how to better express that just being onsite somehow restored and refreshed us as we were on a fast paced tour. (A big bathroom with lots of hot water really helps!) Overall it was one of the most romantic places I have ever stayed at in all my travels. Although we only had two nights there as part of a fast moving tour, I can honestly see it being a destination all its own. I will always remember sitting on the terrace, sipping Chai, listening to the call to prayers while taking in the stunning night views.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Fresco K, Manager at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy your stay and little concert:) It is a pleasure to meet you and your group. But you are right, 2 days is not enogh to experience the Cappadocia. We hope to see you again in near future.
Gamze

Reviewed May 4, 2013

From the genuinely warm welcome from Gamze and her staff when we arrived to the comfortable, well-appointed rooms and wonderfully prepared meals and attentive service, Fresco really set a high standard for accommodations during our recent two week trip to Turkey - in fact, it kind of spoiled us to stay anywhere else, as we all kept wishing we were back at the Fresco no matter where else we stayed. The hotel's location was also a nice bonus: set high on a hill overlooking the charming town of Ürgüp, it was far enough away from the center of town to remain quiet and peaceful (though the calls to prayer from the mosque right across the street may startle you from sleep if you haven't spent much time in Turkey), but close enough to be able to explore the town on foot as well as serve as a convenient base for exploring the rest of Cappadocia too. I really can't recommend the Fresco highly enough and would give it six stars in every category if I could!

• Stayed: May 2013

Wow, thank you so much for your great review:) We are trying to do our best , maybe our hotel isnot the best hotel in Turkey but it can be the best home for our quests:) It is a honor to hear all these from you. We will be very happy to host you again.
Gamze

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I just can not speak highly enough of this hotel. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was absolutely perfect from beginning to end. To start with we were upgraded to a suite, which apart from being excellent in itself, really showed that the staff are always taking every opportunity to make your stay better. I dont think we have ever stayed in a hotel where we have been made to feel as welcome, ALL the staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was also absolutely beautiful - I dont actually think the photos on the website do it justice. The whole place is sumptuous, but in an incredibly elegantly restrained way that really allows the beautiful stone work that the hotel is built from to shine through. Someone with a lot of talent was obviously involved in the decorations. Urgup is also a fantastic and pretty little village/town, really the stuff of holiday fantasies. The hotel has only been open for a short time and so it isn't in the Lonely Planet guide yet - get your stay in quickly before it does and this gem of a hotel is permanently booked out!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sophia S

Dear Sophia,
Thank you so much your amazing review and grades in tripadvisor.I will tell all staff, that you enjoy your stay. I hope we can be in Lonenly planet :) We are very happy to host you, please do not forget that you have a home in Cappadocia.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed April 24, 2013

After looking at Cappadocia beautiful landscaping with all the rock formations, the caves, the underground cities, you can't imagine this hotel will offer you a piece of such a beauty right there at your room. This hotel is amazing! Great location, great staff, and the greatest room!! It looks like a cave but feels like a palace, it' huge and beatiful. The breakfast was delicious, be ready to eat a lot, and the property is so chic and romantic, I didn't want to leave! Excellent!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adrianagut
Fresco K, Manager at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Adriana,
Thank you so much for your great review. Your comments are really important for us, when I and my team read our quest reviews, we become very happy all day:). We hope to see you again.
Gamze T.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel set into the hills just above Urgup in walking distance to all downtown facilities. Great views from the terrace. We were upgraded to a deluxe cave room which included a sitting area, large sleeping area, and huge bathroom with tub and separate shower. Everything was first class. Breakfast was very good, not excellent, because the coffee was "Nescafé". We've taken more of a liking to Nescafé which is ubiquitous inTurkey but it still doesn't measure up to fresh brewed. Management tells us they are looking into adding a real Turkish coffee in the near future. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alex, Thank you so much for your positive review and grade that you gave us on tripadvisor. We are very lucky to host you. And your comments are really important for us to improve our selves. We have to improve our drink's menu. Especially coffee types.Now we are working on it. Thank you. We hope to see again in near future.
Gamze T.