“Chic hotel in Ürgüp”

Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Urgup
Kocaeli
“Chic hotel in Ürgüp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I am a Japanese living in Turkey and have visited Cappadocia several times before.
In my previous visits, I stayed at both big modern hotels and cave-boutique hotels but I have no doubt that Fresco Konaklari at which I stayed in my last visit is the best.
This hotel consists of two parts: rooms in the mansion side and rooms in the cave side. I stayed at a room named “Turkuaz” in the mansion side.

Breakfast: Typical Turkish breakfast with several kinds of bread and cheese. Good enough.
Room: Very large, clean and comfortable room with smart bathroom. Rooms in the mansion side may be slightly cool in winter.
Location: 5-minute-walk from the center of Ürgüp.
Others: Good interior in general (Ottoman but modern at the same time). Very friendly and helpful hotel staff.

Masaki Sumi

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Masaki S
Fresco K, Owner at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear Masaki,
We are dedicated to create memorable experiences for our guests thus delighted to receive your comments. We are so happy to welcome you.

Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We found this hotel walking around Urgup and immediately moved from our previous hotel. The staff made us really comfortable in the fabulous living room with wine and cheese around the fire. The rooms are huge and beautiful - a combination of cave and mellow yellow stone with beam and stone vault ceilings. The bathrooms are large and grand. And the Expedia price was great. Minor issues with hot water and door fit are probably due to the newness of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KBrownColorado
Fresco K, Manager at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear Marie,

We are lucky that you found us.Thank you for taking the time to share your review so we may continually improve our services for all guests.It was a real pleasure to welcome you in Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions.

Kindest regards
Merrtt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was extremely delighted to stay at the Fresco Konaklari back in December (2011) when I was visiting my dear friends in Urgup. The blend of old and modern is wonderful, not to mention the rooms are huge. So nice to spread your things out and organize them for the day's adventure of exploring Cappadocia. The dining room has large panorama windows overlooking old Urgup, a perfect place to sit, relax and enjoy local wine with friends.
I am looking forward to my next visit to Urgup and staying again at Fresco Konaklari and you will love it too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank CappadociaJohn
Fresco K, Owner at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear John,

Thank you for lovely comments. I am waiting you in July, this time you have to stay our mansion room.

See you soon

Gamze TOYBIYIK
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have an amazing memories. First, I am so happy to choose to stay in Fresco. It's a special place that definitely my trip became a special vacation. I stayed in a beautiful cave room which is so dreamy. Fresco is the house of the culture, art and hospitality. I was there around the time was Guitar Festival. Plus, the food they serve there was so tasty and luscious. Hopefully, I am going back in July with a couple of friends and I can't just wait it! Also, I am so appreciated of hospitality and comfort that all staff provided, ,make it feel like a home plus to everything!

Room Tip: Love the room I stayed, so authentic and warm, Kadi Kale Cave Suit, love the terrace of the room, be...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JoyMWorldTraveler
Dear Joy,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are happy to make your trip so special.In Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, we do our best to accomodate our guests with the highest standards of Turkish hospitality. It is realy good news that you are coming in July. We are looking forward to see you again.

Kindest regards

Gamze TOYBIYIK
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Sitting in the cozy bar at the fresco, with over friendly barmans mixing a martini while the gas lamps splutter into life in the courtyard outside, is one of the quintessential Kapadokya experiences. I think Fresco provides elegance without ostentation in what was presumably someone's Upstairs, Downstairs town house. It caters to those looking for charm, style, and tradition in a hotel, and its tranquil location in a leafy alley keeps the 21st century at bay. Each well-furnished guest room is decorated in the style of a particular 19th period, ranging from Regency to Edwardian, I simply love it! and i highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mams G
Fresco K, Owner at Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Mams G,

Thank you for your feedback, We are so glad that you have such wonderful memories of your stay at Fresco Mansions.We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another special holiday full of little surprises and memorable moments...

Kindest Regards from Cappadocia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
MDC Hotel
MDC Hotel
#7 of 66 in Urgup
Perimasali Cave Hotel - Cappadocia

Been to Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions? Share your experiences!