“Best homemade food in Urgup.”

Zeytin Cafe ve Ev Yemekleri
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Urgup
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: If you are looking for home-made traditional Anatolian dishes, you are at the right address. Located in the centre of Urgup, Cappadocia, Zeytin Cafe ve Ev Yemekleri (Cafe and Homemade food) serves breakfast, lunch and evening meals. Our menu is made up of a small selection of delicious family recipes prepared daily from fresh seasonal produce. The menu changes every day and there is always a vegetarian dish as well as home-made desserts, soups and salads.Try our home-made manti (Turkish ravioli with a yoghurt sauce), our stuffed vine-leaves, the soup of the day or some of the selection of home-baked desserts. You won't be disappointed!
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Best homemade food in Urgup.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

A local person gave us this tip...if you want really good Turkish/local food, go to Zeytin. It's right in the center of this small and welcoming town. As the 4 of us entered, we were greeted by a warm and smiling man, who co-manages the place with his equally hospitable wife. She was behind the counter cooking all kinds of local favorites. She called us over to try a taste of each. Yum.. How to decide. I chose the Manti..a Turkish ravioli with yogurt sauce. Everyone's dish was wonderful. After a long and wonderful meal, in the small and homey place, the gentleman treated us to 4 cups of Turkish tea. We highly recommend you go and enjoy their authentic and delicious food.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
“Best Manti I ever had in Turkey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have lived in Turkey for 3 years, and this was the best manti I ever have tasted. Lots of butter and garlic. My kids enjoyed their meals too---picking from what was available that day. A nice pace to have lunch.

• Visited October 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Warm and inviting with very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ate at 3 different restaurants for dinner in Urgup, and while each meal was actually quite good, I enjoyed my meal at Zeytin Cafe the most. I think the reason was due to a combination of good food, warm and very friendly atmosphere, and an opportunity to order my meal directly from the lady who owns, runs and cooks all the food at the restauarnt. It was an engaging experience that simply produced a memorable meal.

The menu changes daily, depending on what the owner bought to prepare. However, the food is traditional Anotolian, so you get all the good spices, flavors, meats and vegetables found in this regions dishes. There were no appetizers or mezzes on the blackboard menu, but I simply asked if I could start with something simple and she quickly put together 2 artickoes hearts, warmed, with little chunks of potatoes, peas and tomato, sizzled with some oil. My dinner was the "special" - Manti (ubiquitous for sure, but I had not had it yet, so my timing was perfect). With the meal came bread, oil, spices, and some pickled veggies. Way more than I could eat, and with tea the total bill came to $16 lira. (Each of my previous 2 dinners cost more than twice that.)

The restaurant is on the small size but that simply made it cozy. Previous reviews have remarked on a language barrier but that is NOT the case. The owner speaks English fine and is also fluent in German. The walls have pictures of what you would expect with one standout exception: a photo of Charlie Chaplin from one his movies. I asked about it and the owner said her daughter found it in Istanbul and she liked it a lot so it now hangs on one wall.

• Visited October 2013
“Quaint shop in a small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed our dinner here. Excellent service and food from the lady n the staff. She explained each of the dishes and changes menu daily. At the end of the meal, provided us with free çay (Turkish Tea). The small gestures and kind people in Urgup made our trip enjoyable.

Visited October 2013
Newport Beach, California
“great stop home made food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

had lunch at this little gem of a restaurant while in urgup and what a gem it is. Homemade excellent food. We went at lunch and were lucky enough to get a table as it was filled up. We ate outside -. YOu go inside and pick your dish and they serve it to you. No wine, but beer and really really good food. Not sure what it was i ate but it was vegetarian and amazing. a definite must eat meal while here in urgup and they were soooo nice.!!!

Visited September 2013