“Cheap homemade food”

Ranked #4 of 93 Restaurants in Urgup
Cuisines: Turkish, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for home-made traditional Anatolian dishes, you are at the right address. Located in the centre of Urgup, Cappadocia, Zeytin Cafe ve Ev Yemekleri (Cafe and Homemade food) serves breakfast, lunch and evening meals. Our menu is made up of a small selection of delicious family recipes prepared daily from fresh seasonal produce. The menu changes every day and there is always a vegetarian dish as well as home-made desserts, soups and salads.Try our home-made manti (Turkish ravioli with a yoghurt sauce), our stuffed vine-leaves, the soup of the day or some of the selection of home-baked desserts. You won't be disappointed!
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Cozy atmosphere, nice food, not elaborated but homemade, very cheap. Just remember they do not serve alcoholic drinks, but it is worth to go, Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is my first review on Tripadvisor, and I couldn't resist writing it down.

What I loved about this restaurant was that its owned & managed by a family. They speak perfect english and are extremely helpful in deciding your menu. We were with our son (15 month old), and all of their family kept playing with him and kept him entertained. The food was home made, and it tastes far better than any of the restaurant I have been in cappadocia region, and I have been to most expensive ones as well, and they don't even compare to this one.

The ambience is lovely, especially if you sit outside. I went there again on the last day of my stay in cappadocia. If you want to experience Turkish hospitality and turkish taste, you have to visit here.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food was fresh and tasty. The portions were a bit on the small side and since its quite pricey, that was a bit of a bummer. The sides of all four dishes we ordered were identical, which was disappointing, since it seemed very assembly line. But the taste and presentation was excellent, so no real complaints! I would recommend it, especially if you're not on a budget!

1  Thank Momsikins
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've hd lunch and dinner here and the food is beautiful and home cooked. Very inexpensive & the service is lovely :)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just saw Zeytin restaurant while walking over and had a dinner. There were lots of local food which seemed deliciously cooked. I would like to try as much as I can and ordered several alternatives with my wife. Started with a lentil soup and which was like a home made. Then, ordered Manti and meatballs (locally made small meatballs). Manti is the best known dish on that area and really well cooked and was one of the best I have ever tried. Also meatballs very delicious. As a dessert; I ordered sutlac - and it was also freshly made and not served right from refrigirator. Also there were orange peels inside which made it extra-ordinary. If you would like eat best Turkish food at Cappadocia area; you must try...

1  Thank Tolga S