“Must try”

Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Urgup
Cuisines: Turkish, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for home-made traditional Anatolian dishes, you are at the right address. Located in the centre of Urgup, Cappadocia, Zeytin Cafe ve Ev Yemekleri (Cafe and Homemade food) serves breakfast, lunch and evening meals. Our menu is made up of a small selection of delicious family recipes prepared daily from fresh seasonal produce. The menu changes every day and there is always a vegetarian dish as well as home-made desserts, soups and salads.Try our home-made manti (Turkish ravioli with a yoghurt sauce), our stuffed vine-leaves, the soup of the day or some of the selection of home-baked desserts. You won't be disappointed!
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just saw Zeytin restaurant while walking over and had a dinner. There were lots of local food which seemed deliciously cooked. I would like to try as much as I can and ordered several alternatives with my wife. Started with a lentil soup and which was like a home made. Then, ordered Manti and meatballs (locally made small meatballs). Manti is the best known dish on that area and really well cooked and was one of the best I have ever tried. Also meatballs very delicious. As a dessert; I ordered sutlac - and it was also freshly made and not served right from refrigirator. Also there were orange peels inside which made it extra-ordinary. If you would like eat best Turkish food at Cappadocia area; you must try...

1  Thank Tolga S

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We founded this restaurant by asking to the local people in Urgup. We ate 3 days ago manti in Kayseri, but the "manti" in Zeytin Restaurant was better! Foods were excellent! Service was very friendly. If you want to taste real Turkish food and the best manti, come to this restaurant.

Aydin Tezcan

2  Thank AydinTezcan1974
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent service and good food make for a winning combination always. The owner was very welcoming. She patiently explained my options to me.
The Manti was so good - first time I had garlic yoghurt, and she prepared the ravioli fresh! Sitting outside overlooking the street and sipping tea was a great footnote to the meal.

Thanks again!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The food is home-made style and you feel like at home in this atmosphere. Ladies preapering the food and serving are very friendly. They serve everyday more than 5 different meals with vegetarian options as well. You may choose this lovely little restaurant for lunch and dinner as well. The location is perfect in main Street close to main attractions, good for walking around after dinner. The meals are always hot, delicious and service is fast. They speak good English and you will not have problem in order. We choose this restaurant pretty often and everytime expectations are met from meals to service and price. I recommend this restaurant for everyone visiting Cappadocia.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I visited Zeytin on Wednesday night, April 3. They had four cafeteria-style options – a vegetarian stuffed bell pepper, baked chicken with eggplant (my choice), a ground-beef-with-egg casserole (my wife’s choice), and a fish dish (?) that I can't remember much about. They also had rice, beans, and lentil soup. We found the food to be fresh, satisfying, and simple. Our two dinner entrees, plus two small bottles of water totaled 22 Turkish Lira ($12 or 10 Euros).

The staff spoke reasonable English and were very polite and friendly. I would describe the restaurant as a cute, family-run place.

We visited Zeytin largely because we saw it was the #1 rated restaurant (on TripAdvisor) in Urgup and we had tried the #2 rated Ziggy’s the previous night. Zeytin was good, but with until they get more options on the menu, I can’t agree that it’s the best restaurant in town.

1  Thank drjandthemissus