“Good, but not the Best in Town”

Zeytin Cafe ve Ev Yemekleri
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Urgup
Cuisines: Turkish, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for home-made traditional Anatolian dishes, you are at the right address. Located in the centre of Urgup, Cappadocia, Zeytin Cafe ve Ev Yemekleri (Cafe and Homemade food) serves breakfast, lunch and evening meals. Our menu is made up of a small selection of delicious family recipes prepared daily from fresh seasonal produce. The menu changes every day and there is always a vegetarian dish as well as home-made desserts, soups and salads.Try our home-made manti (Turkish ravioli with a yoghurt sauce), our stuffed vine-leaves, the soup of the day or some of the selection of home-baked desserts. You won't be disappointed!
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I visited Zeytin on Wednesday night, April 3. They had four cafeteria-style options – a vegetarian stuffed bell pepper, baked chicken with eggplant (my choice), a ground-beef-with-egg casserole (my wife’s choice), and a fish dish (?) that I can't remember much about. They also had rice, beans, and lentil soup. We found the food to be fresh, satisfying, and simple. Our two dinner entrees, plus two small bottles of water totaled 22 Turkish Lira ($12 or 10 Euros).

The staff spoke reasonable English and were very polite and friendly. I would describe the restaurant as a cute, family-run place.

We visited Zeytin largely because we saw it was the #1 rated restaurant (on TripAdvisor) in Urgup and we had tried the #2 rated Ziggy’s the previous night. Zeytin was good, but with until they get more options on the menu, I can’t agree that it’s the best restaurant in town.

1  Thank drjandthemissus

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food - we preferred it to the much fancier Ziggy's up the street. The Cafe is rustic but very warm and inviting. The staff is super friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very good and delicious food and pleasant and good service. Good prices.
Don't miss the ravioli. The best one I've ever tried.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were shopping in the antique shop across the street and the owner recommended this restaurant. It's run by a Turkish lady who makes all the dishes home made daily.

Super friendly service (she gave us free cheese cake) - and simple great food.

We're going back for lunch tomorrow - different dishes each day

2  Thank Inukshukasia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

they have delicious home made food.since i am turkish you can trust me on that!when i miss my mom i go there.and i miss mom food quite often.you should try "mantı" it's some kind of ravioli but better.and you can have a good turkish breakfast there too.but keep that in mind we eat cheese,olives and tomatoes in the morning and ask for "menemen" if it's a breakfast.

3  Thank zeynep_parlak