“Spectacular scenery, great horses, personal service”
Review of Kapadokya Ranch

Kapadokya Ranch
Ranked #11 of 43 Tours in Urgup
More attraction details
Owner description: Located near Ürgüp and Ortahisar, Kapadokya Ranch is a perfect starting point for spectacular nature trails, away from roads and built-up areas. We offer rides for all riding levels, from 2-hour rides in the Uzengi canyon to one-week trails around the national park. Friendly, heathy horses; professional English and French-speaking guides; fully insured; helmets provided for your safety. Free pick-up from your hotel. Beginners are welcomed on our 2-hour rides.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I spend a delightful week with Helene and Nico. Their horses are happy and healthy, forward going and willing. I signed up for a ride for "fit active riders" and that was quite true. The ride included long canters, dismounting to lead the horses up or down steep slopes, and I have an arthritic knee that was acting up by that point in my trip, and I just couldn't keep up with the group. Nico and Helene were very good about arranging a separate program for me, allowing me to ride at a slower pace, eat with my group, stay in the same charming cave hotels, and still experience the astounding geology of the Cappadocia area. I would definitely recommend their rides for advanced riders, these horses are responsive and willing, the food is great, the hotels are clean, comfy, and cozy family-run and small, and you really get a chance to see the countryside.

There are newer reviews for Kapadokya Ranch

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I had a brilliant time on our Trail with Nico in Capadoccia. The horses were perfect - forward going, well schooled and beautifully looked after. The hotels Nico booked were fantastic - and the lengthy lunches and siestas in the middle of the day (we were riding in July) were very much appreciated. Nico is terrific - informed and fun. Couldnt recommend this holiday more. Glynis M

1  Thank glynis m
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It is nearly two months ago since we joined Nicolas and his great horses for a trail. We have been smiling ever since. The horses are fabulous, the scenery is amazing and the riding exciting.

Thank you Nicolas and Helene for this fantastic experience, and we hope to join you again one day! Regards Simone and Machiel

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beautiful, smart and well-kept horses, fabulous scenery, excellent guide (really appreciated the booklet we received on arrival), hospitable guesthouses and daily pampering with turkish delight (!) - we are more than satisfied with the guesthouse trail from Kapadokya ranch. There's heart in the business, Nicolas and Helene care much about both their animals and guests.

We booked the tour directly through the ranch's website and received prompt reply regarding availability, reservation and other concerns - very well organized and professional. We also got help with transfer from and to the airport in Kayseri, which made our trip very smooth and easy.

Can really recommend Kapadokya Ranch and the guesthouse trail - but perhaps not for slackers. There are many hours of riding, long and fun canters and a lot of walking both up- and downhill. The 250 year old hamam in Urgup was a good and interesting ending to the week.

Thanks for an amazing tour!
/Camilla & Helena

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had an unforgettable trail through Cappadocia from the Kapadokya Ranch ! Under the good care of the owner and guide Nicholas, were taken through the different valleys, each with it's own ambiance and charm. From weaving through rock-columns to riding through the streams in green valleys. Breathtaking views, hidden 'church-in-hole's ', underground villages with hardly another tourist in sight..... And all of it on the best trail-horses and tack we have had the privilege to ride on so far. They handled the challenging terrain with ease and agility, we felt very safe. Well trained, forward, good tempered and fit ! They handled lovely long canters of varied difficulties. The guesthouses were good in location and ambiance, a real treat.
I have full confidence in the tented trail, to do a next time !