“Good place, great staff”
Review of MDC Hotel

MDC Hotel
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hi Mr Ahmet. I had not forgotten my promise to write a review for your hotel .

Stayed here on the second half of the Viator 7 Day Turkey tour late February. What a pleasent surprise, after the let down with the other assigned hotel in Kudacasi.

We had a nice room on the first floor. The room was clean and the bathroom well stocked and even had a jacuzzi although we did not have time to use it.There was a kettle with the usual coffee and tea although this would seem redundant as we were always welcome to complimentary coffee and tea in the restaurant. There were a coulpe of English channels on telly which is not always available in non branded hotels in Turkey. Perhaps because it was snowing ouside, but the heating can definitely be reduced which unfortunately we could not from the room.

A disappointment with an abandoned Turkey night was made up with a nice dinner at the hotel instead .There was an extensive breakfast spread each morning and after a show me, we had fried eggs over and easy each morning from Mr Hamdi.

The hotel is a short walk from the town centre but if you need a ride back, a complimentary service is available.

With this hote,l the staff is its strength.

One area that will need improvement though is the portering service. I accidentally tip the manager on the day I arrived not knowing that he is not the porter although he was helping with the bags! Unfortunately one of the wheels of my Samsonite bag was damaged when on the day of departure, the porter instead of carrying each bag down the steps indivdualy decided to bump both bags down the steps on its wheels at the same time.

But it is still a memorable stay . Good hotel, well priced and very good staff.

And oh, the free wifi was good too.

Room Tip: Ask the manager .... He is always helpful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David L
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit with us here at MDC Hotel and appreciate your taking the time to write up your comments. We always read our guest reviews carefully and take note of any ways in which we can improve on the service we provide to our guests.
I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again

There are newer reviews for MDC Hotel

Reviewed March 25, 2013

When traveling from Istanbul to Cappadocia, my boyfriend and I made a last-minute reservation at the MDC hotel. We could not have been happier with our decision. The hotel staff made every effort to ensure our stay was comfortable, starting from our upgraded room all the way through our uncharacteristically long extended checkout (up until leaving for our flight at 8pm). The staff coordinated all of our activities and transportation, including airport transfers. We were particularly impressed with Moustapha’s warm and professionally attentive nature.

Our room was a pleasant balance of traditional details and modern conveniences. We loved the unique experience of saying in a cave room, but appreciated luxuries such as the heated tile floor and large jacuzzi bath in the spacious bathroom.

We ate quite a few meals at the hotel restaurant, particularly enjoying the large buffet breakfast.

We highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Cappadocia.

3  Thank Alexis P
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to send your lovely review. It was a pleasure hosting you and I am delighted to hear you had memorable stay in our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you again in MDC Hotel very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

thoroughly enjoyed our stay. well looked after by Mustafa and Faizula.
it is a home away from home indeed. warm and very comfortable room.
can't wait to get back and stay a little bit longer . 2 days was too sort in this
magical hotel.

Geoff and Shamim Pearson. New Zealand

MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of MDC Hotel. We pay great attention to our guest reviews which help us attain the high standards which we set for our hotel. We look forward to having the pleasure of hosting you again, hopefully for a bit longer next time!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A short walk from the town center, very quiet surroundings, warm/comfortable room, attentive service from Mustafa and his staff, excellent food with hands-on experience making pancakes in the morning. We cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: Probably not a bad room in this place.
1  Thank expatBerkeley_CA
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your recommendation of MDC Hotel. We are very happy to have participated in making your stay in Cappadocia a memorable experience. I am glad you enjoyed your hands-on experience of making gözleme - traditional Turkish pancakes, many of our guests say that they enjoy this. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were fortunate enough to stay at this excellent hotel. We arrived at 10am (earlier than the normal check in) but were warmly welcomed by Mustafa and invited to have breakfast (an absolute feast with a perfect mix of traditional Turkish and Western fare), thereafter we were shown to our cave. MDC have perfected the art of cave dwelling,the décor, attention to detail and sheer comfort will make you wish that you could stay there forever! The location is excellent, after a full day of sight-seeing there is nothing nicer than retreating to your warm and comfortable cave. Thank you for an unforgettable and unique experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nazlie e
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us here at MDC Hotel and appreciate your taking the time to write up your comments.
We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again and hope you can stay longer next time!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

In our recent visit to Turkey, we spent two nights in the Cappadoccia region at the MDC Hotel. Cappadoccia is famous for its cave dwellings built into the cliffs. The MDC hotel is on of the hotels that has been constructed around abandoned caves. It was amazing to tour the caves, and then return to our hotel, where the room was actually a renovated cave dwelling. But beautifully renovated! Our room was actually two rooms, with a bath. It was luxuriously decorated. The staff was very friendly and could not have been more helpful. The stay at this hotel was one of the highlights of our trip to Turkey. Truly one of the best hotel stays I have ever had.

1  Thank Carole B
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments after your recent visit. I was very happy to read that all aspects of your stay were perfect and that you enjoyed your vacation in our luxury cave hotel.
I look forward to greeting you once more on your next trip to Cappadocia.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm 52 years old and have been fortunate enough to have had my fair share of travel. Never have I been more compelled to say a few words. First of all this hotel is breathtaking.I was so pleased when the door swung open to my cave. The silence outside could almost put one to sleep,Please go on the internet and check this place out.
-However, to me, the thing that compels was the inn keeper Mustapha.Never have I watched and experienced one work with so much passion.This place and the people are his love.Every detail of mine he was aware of and reminding me. Every request was taken care of immediately.The man is everywhere if you need him just sit in one place for less than five minutes and he is sure to pass. He seems to greet every customer as they get out of there car,he will come to your room,help carry your luggage and explain everything.When you arrive and settle in ask Mustapha to have tea with you.Watch how he crosses his legs,leans towards you and looks you in the eyes the entire time.I truly felt this mans soul to be genuine .As I was departing he shook my hand and said"Rick,you have now a true friend in Turkey,I swear my eyes filled up as they are now.My intentions of coming to Turkey was to figure this place out and share it with my three kids this summer.As I have already done the tours I hope to send my kids on there way and drown myself with tea ,with my new friend at MDC

Room Tip: Did not look for pool or fitness center. Honestly as the other people in my group said, "why le...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Richard T
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up your moving testimonial of your stay at MDC Hotel. We all appreciated reading it and sincerely look forward to your next visit this summer. I look forward also to having the pleasure of meeting your children and of course Mustafa and all the team send their greetings.
Kind regards,
Owner and General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Dere Suites Cappadocia
Grand Cave Suites
Grand Cave Suites
#11 of 78 in Goreme

Been to MDC Hotel? Share your experiences!