“Warm, Cozy, with Attentive Service”
Review of Antik Cave House

Antik Cave House
Ranked #22 of 54 Urgup B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Warm, Cozy, with Attentive Service”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Our room was spacious and warm (in spite of the weather). The service was excellent, with staff providing excellent recommendations for extra activities and dining. Of our three weeks in Turkey and Cyprus, this was the best breakfast anywhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
MIchigan
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I came to Turkey to visit some friends in Ankara and they insisted that I visit Cappodokya. I am so glad that I did! The landscape was amazing and to stay in a cave hotel (which may seem like a tourist trip to many) was the highlight of the trip. The Antik hotel was much more than I expected it to be and the people were what made it amazing!

The owners of the hotel were the nicest most accommodating people I have ever encountered at a bed and breakfast. When we arrived they brought tea to our room which is true Turkish hospitality. Next, we were celebrating and wanted to share our dessert and they made room in their upstairs common area for us. It felt more like we were spending time with family or friends! They welcomed us with open arms and we would welcome them into our home tomorrow if they would come here! Yep it was that good!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Egypt
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for 2 enjoyable nights, Very nicely decorative room, spacious and cool in the July heat, I enjoyed it so much & it was a good value for the upscale location and service. I was a single woman traveling alone and the owners, Ulku, Abdel Rahaman “Abo” & their daughter were so nice to me and treated me like one of the family. I could not say enough good things about their genuine kindness or their hospitality In fact, the day I arrived on I was in an over night bus from Istanbul, I took a shower then I started my tour in Cappadoccia. Ulku originally a painter & has decorated the place with her lovely personal touches. Both are vegetarians & they have in the house one of the famous local cats “the white one who had one blue eye & another green one” Ulku cooked me a delicious breakfast and we shared a nice afternoon Turkish apple tea. This time with them at Antik Cave House was a part of my magical summer trip in Turkey

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Masha80
Houston
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My family stayed in this hotel for one night but we did not want to leave. The hotel is so clean, beautifully decorated, and quiet. The owners are so friendly, the food is awesome and kid friendly. We would definitely go back.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Newfoundland
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Stayed at the Antik Cave House in October '08. Recommended by acquaintance in Nevsehir. Showed up and luckily rooms were available. Excellent service, clean rooms, great breakfast. It was freezing outside but the rooms where warm and cozy. Can honestly say that I slept like a baby. Wonderful shops just minutes away (I bought my carpet there!) Surrounded by all the awesome beauty Cappadocia has to offer. I wish this new venture every success and hope to return again!

• Liked — Service, location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Can't really think of anything...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)