Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel
Hotels.com
$147
$144
Priceline
All reviewsyuki toursibrahim yilmazthe ownerturkeyhoneymoon suitehis wifeair balloonunique experiencebus stationwe loved our staythe hotel managercappadocia regionjacuzzihospitalitycaveterraceguide
Reviewed February 26, 2012

If you are planning to stay in Cappadocia, please consider staying here. I am actually sitting here at the Dedeli Konak hotel as I write this. Mr. and Mrs. Faruk and the sweetest, cutest couple. They work hard to make sure that everyone is comfortable and happy. Mr. Faruk has been super helpful in coordinating our tours and transportation to and from the airport. There were a lot of details that had to come together, and he made sure they did. The rooms are an experience in and of themselves. You can see where they scraped the stone to make the walls. Inside, there are little nook and crannies where they must have placed their oil lamps, or other odds and ends. The room was surprisingly warm considering that it was made of stone. We had a room photo shoot here, which I know I haven't done anywhere else. Breakfast deserves a special mention. Mr. and Mrs. Faruk cook up a fantastic meal. It's the best I've had in Turkey so far. The view from the breakfast room was just lovely. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Reetsi
dedelikonak, Owner at Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel. I am so glad that everything was perfect for your stay. I am happy that you discovered Cappadocia and our beautiful cave rooms. I have told Mr and Mrs Faruk about your kind comments and your recommendation and of course they are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with them.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again in Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel,

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Backpackers Travel arranged for lodging at Dedeli Konak hotel. Mr. Faruk was hospitable from the minute I arrived. He attended to all the hotel guests' needs. His warmth created an environment where all the guests made great friends with each other. The place was safe, quiet and a short walk away from the town center. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Swatee S
dedelikonak, Owner at Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a recommendation of Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time in Cappadocia and your stay in our friendly hotel. I will pass on your comments to Mr Faruk, I am sure he will be pleased to have your news.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I am definitely going back to my Cave room at Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel! The people there are so nice. I arranged my visit and stay there with Yuki Tours.
My Cave room featured a great view of Urgup Valley below which I could look at from my window seat through double windows that open outward. The floors of my rustic cave room were rough hewn wood covered with Turkish carpets and I slept in a comfortable bed with a red satin quilt on top with generous pillows. The room was furnished with an antique vanity, and a bureau, and hat stand. An over-stuffed love seat with clean fluffy sheep skin on top, flanked by two arm chairs were grouped in front of the fire place. The bathroom had a shower and a jacuzzi tub. I think this is why it is called the "honeymoon suite".
Both days of my stay I enjoyed the modest morning breakfast buffet up on the roof. It would be a challenge for someone unsteady on their feet to climb the winding stairs, but there was a man who had just had open heart surgery staying at the hotel and he was smiling while eating his breakfast, so it obviously can be done! After breakfast, I was off with a few others at the hotel for an amazing day of touring and hiking the magnificent rock formations and valleys of Cappadocia. Our Guide Mr. Ibrahim was so well spoken and very knowledgeable.
I also booked a Balloon ride during my stay which was super exciting, scary, and made for some excellent photographs of the Region! After landing and almost kissing the ground (it was a field that sheep had been using so I decided not to), I was back at the hotel in time for some breakfast and another day of touring. I also went to the dinner at a place that exhibited traditional music and Mevlevi/Sufi dance and since I was the only one the owner's friend drove me and waited for me. The people at this place are the best. I always felt safe and a solo female traveler.
I will be returning in June for three nights this time in the ""Honeymoon Suite", it just was that wonderful.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite is super cool but I am also curious about the Dovecote room. It looks interesting in the photos.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ArcherKelly

Thank you so much for your very enthusiastic review. I am so glad you enjoyed your tours in Cappadocia and your stay with us in Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel, we were sad to see you go but we hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels.

All the staff and I are looking forward to seeing you again in June and you can discover Cappadocia in the summer with different light and even more fantastic landscapes to photograph!

Best regards

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I found this hotel after booking through the hotel owners wonderful tour company; http://www.yukitour.com From a hotel perspective it is absolutely lovely and I just didn't want to leave. It had all the sweet cave charm that I had hoped for and the man who manages it was charming and funny, He also had his wife cook some of us dinner one night which was the best meal I ate in my entire trip in Turkey. I spent many hours playing backgammon in the beautiful breakfast/dining area that has spectacular and unbeatable views of the area with both the manager and Ibrahim who owns the hotel and tour company. The room itself was just lovely and there were absolutely no issues with it or the extremely spacious bathroom that came equipped with both shower and spa bath. From a tour perspective I cant recommend Yuki Tours enough. Ibrahim organised things for me at very short notice, dealt with me in a professional and polite manner (even though I made a number of last minute changes) and everything ran like clock work. If you go to Turkey you should go via Ibrahim's tour company. All flights, transfers, tours etc were booked at very good prices. On a personal note I would really like to thank Ibrahim for all of his help, I doubt I would have had such a wonderful time in Turkey had it not been for him. I enjoyed talking to him when I finally got to meet him in, he is extremely friendly and humerous and anytime I hear of anyone going to Turkey I will defintely recommend that they get in touch with Ibrahim / Yuki Tours and stay at his beautiful hotel in Cappadocia.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
dedelikonak, Owner at Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a recommendation of our Dedeli Konak Hotel. We do our best to give first-class service to our guests and we are very happy when we know that our guests leave having had a wonderful experience.
We hope very much that you will come to visit us again and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in our hotel and that we can show you some of the hidden treasures of Cappadocia

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed three days and two nights at the hotel last week.

It was a perfect place to start tours every morning.
The rooms were comfortable, well heated and clean. Breakfast was excellent.
The staff was friendly and helpful, they helped us checking bus reservations and gave us advice on what to do in our free day.
We will recommend the place to every friend that will think on going to cappadocia.

• Stayed: January 2012