“Amazing Food!”

Ziggy's Shoppe & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Urgup
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ziggy's was BY FAR our favorite meal in Cappadocia. After so many days in Turkey with not a whole lot of variety in the cuisine, Ziggy's was a great surprise. Their menu had many interesting options which to us, was a refreshing change. The owners are still so hands on and the wife even sells her own jewelry in the shop downstairs which you should not miss! The view from the rooftop terrace is incredible! Try to get a table at the very top!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Not just the food, the atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Really excellent food here at Ziggy's. One of my best meals in Turkey. The meze menu was fantastic, and the view was gorgeous. A really nice meal with excellent service. I love the decor and the atmosphere. Definitely want to come back the next time I'm in the area. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to vegetarian travelers, either. The veggie plates were some of the best.

Toronto, Canada
“A superb dinner - make sure to order the Mezes tasting menu”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had read some great reviews about Ziggy's so we decided to give it a try for dinner - we were very glad we did. The food, setting and service greatly exceeded our expectations and we ended up having one of the best dinners of our eight day trip to Turkey.

We decided to order the Mezes tasting menu (menu #1 for 50 Lira per person) and it was a great choice. Not only did we get a good selection of cold appetizers (ground fava beans spread, mashed grilled eggplant, olives with goat cheese in olive oil and so on) but several warm dishes including chicken kebabs and the Turkish pastrami fried patty plus dessert. We felt it was an excellent value and the pace in which the dishes were served made for a most enjoyable evening.

You can't go wrong at Ziggy's and make sure to pick up a piece of jewelry or a souvenir from the store located the lower level - many of the items were made by the owner (and she and her husband warmly greet you when you arrive and when you depart).

Toronto, Canada
“This is what Turkish dining is all about!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

On my fourth trip to Turkey with my Turkish husband, I had the distinct pleasure of dining at Ziggy's. To my North American friends, I highly recommend that you leave our style of eating at home (soup or salad, appetizer, main course and dessert). Make a meal out of the mezes, especially at Ziggy's! Each dish was a taste sensation with some being the best of its kind that I have had in Turkey. Relax and enjoy these tasty dishes bite by bite. I especially loved the green tomatoes, puréed fava beans, roasted egg plant, and the borek. Turks love to take their time at a meal and there is no expectation that your table will be reset for the next customer, allowing one to eat slowly enjoy the dining experience. So after the mezes we continued with two main courses. Although we normally share, when my husband ordered the liver I had no such expectation since I have never liked whole liver pieces. This liver dish was absolutely delicious! I actually ate my half. The chicken kabap was good but not memorable. Local wines with the meal did not disappoint. When compared to other well rated restaurants in the area, the price is very reasonable and the service was excellent.
If you are in the area, don't miss this dining experience.

Visited July 2013
Vestal
“A most pleasant surprise in Urgup”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

On a quite cool night in Urgup, we had an excellent romantic dinner at Ziggy's. From the first moment we walked into the restaurant, it felt genuinely welcoming and personal, much like a high end boutique hotel. We were seated at the top balcony overlooking the valley. We went with the recommendations of the owner and ordered the seven appetizers (mezes) to share to start with. Having experienced good Turkish food on numerous occasions, our expectations were quite high. We were amazed at what the chef had uniquely contributed to each of the vegetarian appetizers. Beyond their taste, their textures had changed fabulously with little touches, such as thinly chopped cucumbers in purslane with yogurt or sweet red onions on fava beans. I loved their Ziggy appetizer with green olives, feta, and walnuts and the secret spices in the sauce. In every one of these appetizers, what stood out was the quality of the olive oil as well as the other ingredients. We then proceeded to borek with pastirma and the main courses that we again shared. Our main courses were the chicken in skewers with garlic and Ziggy's liver dish. The liver must have been the best liver dish ever, since my husband who hates liver happily ate half of it. The chicken was very good, but we did not think it stood out as unique as other dishes. We tried 5 different glasses of wines with out meal (2 reds and 3 whites,) suggested by our server. They were all local wines from 2 wineries and we thought they were excellent, especially for the price. One of the most outstanding aspects of our experience at Ziggy's was the service. It was attentive, careful, and personal without being intrusive or pretentious. Prices of menu items and drinks at Ziggy's are beyond fair. We will go back there in a heartbeat the next time we visit. Cappadocia whenever that might be.