“Sensational”

Ziggy's Shoppe & Cafe
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Urgup
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was absolutely the best meal we have had so far in Turkey (even after spending a week in Istanbul). The building is delightful, with a lovely outdoor terrace or an equally lovely indoor area. We had a mezze meal with around 12 fantastic dishes. Around 9 small cold plates to start with. Then a pastry filled with cheese and pastrami. Then chicken and garlic kebabs. Followed by desert. Every single dish was outstanding. The staff were absolutely fantastic, so friendly. Value was outstanding. Highly recommended to anyone looking to eat fantastic food.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

A lovely building, prettily decorated with a terrace with hilltop views. But it is the food and the service which single this place out as The Place To Eat. The freshest of foods served in a simple but interesting way in large portions, efficiently presented by the most charming staff. We just had to go back and we did; as did others who we heard booking for consecutive nights.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is the only place inTurkey where we bothered to make a reservation. Mostly because everyone we met was saying how great it was and that a reservation was often helpful. The highlight of the meal for me was the olive, cheese and walnut Meze (recommended by others). We had had a big lunch so we ordered more a la carte but their planned menus looked great. My husband had a great beef dish. I got the chicken shish which was 'only' good.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We ate here two nights. Food is good for Urgup. The second night they seated us in the small room which is where Turkish people were eating-- much more fun than the large room where the tourists are.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant on the last night in Cappadocia. We wanted to come back for another meal! I am a vegetarian and when I told them, they said not a problem, the cook would make something for me specially. And he surprised me! We had no reservations but they had one table vacant and were expecting that party to come in an hour. They gave us that table, did not rush us at all. Urgup is a very small town with a few restaurants, even if you are there for one night, I would recommend eating at Ziggy's Cafe.